1st grow - All Fluoro - Cheap supplies under $30 total!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by HappySmoker420, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Just an update on pictures. Buds are starting to get nice and fatty.

pics below;

Monster top cola
    Monster middle

Sammy Sable -Ferret

BigGuy - top cola
    BigGuy - top cola zoomed in. buds are just oozing out now...yum

Attached Files:

2. Hey brother...do what you want...but 6 weeks is no where near long enough. The fastest of strains is 45-55 days...which with typical math comes up to 6 weeks, but MOST strains take at least 60-65 days...or closer to 8 weeks to 9 weeks to truly finish. You will be doing yourself an injustice harvesting early, because you'll miss out on the last 2 weeks of swelling that the plants do. Last 2 weeks do a flush watering with molasses and you'll see what I mean.

Oh and the comment about the hairs is a 100% newbie misconception. There is nothing else but trichs to go by. Some strains hairs color out way before they are done because they are still growing on the inside i.e. swelling.

I always check the bottom trichs first because the plant ripens from the bottom up...

Again...do what you want, but your impatience is causing you to do simple noob mistakes...people giving you advice here is to help you...not bust your balls.

Also, go with a defrost cycle for drying the herb. Oven can tend to bake...aka vaporize some of the thc.

more than 2 pennies...but it was worth it...:smoke:

Cheers.

3. Well...I don't want to harvest early...but I have read that you must go by the Trichs. If you wait for the buds to swell up, it means its a less potent smoke and just heavier or denser.

I will try to not harvest early...it's just hard b/c Monster looks so ripe and I suspect she is b/c I forced flower her early before she reached majurity. Crystals covering everything on that top cola...trichs look right too...a good mix of clear and cloudy and then a few amber.

So if I chop the top cola or the top 1/3rd of the plant, say in a few days, Wouldn't the rest of the plant's buds get REALLY big over the next few weeks of flowering?? All the plants energy would be put into them b/c the plant isn't feeding the top cola anymore, right?

Anyone have experience doing this?

4. How bout these pictures of Monster...looking so crisp with crystals!! Like if I were to reach out and touch the stem it would break like glass.

Can I get anyone to give me an estimate on when they might be ready? Yes yes i know, the Trichs. Well if u read my posts above then you'll see the trichs already look ready already! -lol. The 4th week of flowering just began so how can it be mature already???

Attached Files:

5. Here are a few pictures of Big Guy...*she* definitely needs another full month to flower....but Monster - in the post above - looks really close to ripeness. Any suggestions on Monster?

By the way, BigGuy here in the pictures below is thirsty and thats why the leaves are droopy. She'll get a nice watering in the morning:D

Attached Files:

6. Monster, after about a week of inactivity, busted out in the last 48hrs with some new growth and swelling of buds. Lookin' sooo very fine! Very fine for a CFL grow! This plant is so sticky I just wanna stick my face in it and lick it up.

First 3 pics are the top cola which has gotten pretty big...and heavy...Monster has a very nice "trunk stem" or whatever you wanna call it but it's actually started to bend over from the weight! I love it! In the pictures it's kinda hard to tell with the shadows but that top cola is very filled out underneath those fan leaves.

In the last photo you can see where i snipped a small bud - which is currently in a mason jar slow drying -

Take a look;

Attached Files:

7. Hey HappySmoker420, you've done a great job!
    I just read the entire thread and it was great watching your babies grow.

I'm thinking about trying CFL, I've only grown under MH & HPS before.

Have you grown under MH/HPS before this? ..if you have what differences have you observed and which method would you recommend?

Thanks for keeping the journal so uptodate!!

..and regarding those sweet buds I see on your plants:
    HaPPy ToKin'!! :D

8. thanks amsterdamage. I haven't grown under HPS/MH...like I stated in the my first post in this thread - this is my first grow.

It's gone alright and I learned some things (a lot) about growing. It's fun and I enjoy it.

I might try a MH or HPS in the future but I seriously doubt it. This is only for personal use and I don't consume the end product very often so it's no big deal. If I had let these 2 plants veg more than 30 days they woulda been much much bigger and had larger buds. Oh well. Hoping to salvage one of these plants to be the new mother of some clones so I'll keep the thread going!

9. I chopped the top cola off of Monster today. The Trichs looked right and I wanted it LOL. It looks great...i immediated stuck a clothespin in it and hung it in my closet with a fan on it. A few hours later i took it down and manicured the bud.

Also;

BigGuy has some new growth coming out of the top of the top cola...very odd..these are white hairs that are "brand new" and just sprouted. Didn't know they kept on growing like that but owell - cause the top of BigGuy is gettin phat! and really really dank looking and needs to be held up by a string now. I'll snap some pictures soon.

That lil bud off the bottom of Monster that I clipped 6 days ago - outstanding! Toked that up and it was great...best aftertaste from a smoke I can remember.

10. Do you think you can get a picture from a little further away, so I can see them to scale with things, to give me an idea of how big everything is ? Thanks a lot, you should inspire all cfl growers!

11. yeah man how about some shots from a distance :):wave:

12. any updates?

i'd like to know the EXACT 2 2' lights you had... also wtf is a cfl?

and the soil you used, did you ever have to feed the soil anything? or did you just buy a regular bag of soil and get crackin?