1st grow - All Fluoro - Cheap supplies under $30 total!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by HappySmoker420, Oct 2, 2007.

1. So the leaves are just re-aiming themselves to the lightsource, rather then drooping (??), and because its on the side , they look odd. Interesting.
    DT

2. For something great with fluros you'll need a vegging period of at least 2 months, 3 is better.
    Add lotsa care, stable soil ,LST/SCROG and BOOM, something great!

3. Dogstooth - Well I dunno what's up with the droopyness again on BigGuy. He's looking healthy on the internodes which is all I'm worried about.

urgr8estfear - This is a first grow and a small one. I tried LST on Retard but stopped due to his unhealthy appearance. They appear to be doing just fine...

In all likelyhood they are all Hermie plants but anyways like i said in my first post I'm trying to get only 1 quality female out of this. I'll try LST and different soil and ferts if I decide to do a new grow after this.

4. Just an update on the girls -

They are growing an inch a day right now. They are also getting really really bushy at the internodes with excellent growth just about everywhere. Retard, the plant that I originally LST'd but let free, has grown very tall now. There are some slight discolorations and signs of a small pest problem here and there but overall are looking very heathly.

The pictures in order:

Monster- The best looking one by far. Nice dark color, very good inner growth. I'm looking forward to her being the best of this grow attempt. I took some high quality pictures here and you can see the thickness of the main stem. It's like 4 stems in one all connected; really cool looking.

Big Guy - Eh...still a little droopy but the innergrowth is looking good. I will probably end up clipping some of her main leaves that are drooping and covering the inner growth. I'll do that soon...

Retard - has recovered from an unhealthly LST attempt. Has grown nice and tall.

Attached Files:

5. YES!!!! 2 of them for sure are females!!! I woke up this morning, 5 days into flowering cycle, to find white pistils on 2 of the plants in multiple areas!!!

Monster and Big Guy!!! My camera sucks for "zoom" shots...so you can't really see the pistils in the photos but trust me, they're there!!!

See the pictures below:

First three pictures are of Monster. First picture has the kitty in the background. Good Kitty. 2nd picture shows from the top down. Hard to tell but there are about 6 small white pistils in there. The 3rd picture down shows a closer...but fuzzier picture of an internode with white hairs. I added small arrows pointing them out. They're long!!!

Big Guy - Still droopy but I found white hairs all over her this morning. Probably about 10 of them that I saw

Retard - I just glanced at Retard...didn't look up close so I can't be sure if there's a white pistil or not. I'll wait a few hours or check them later on tonight and do an update if i know anything.

YES!!!! females!!! I'm so happy b/c I kinda felt that they'd all end up being males!!!
    Hopefully I won't F'ck em' up during flowering! Nice and easy on the nutes!

Attached Files:

6. Hey man havent checked up in a while, plants look like they are doing good but lets get some pics of the recent buddage

7. pics below; in order:

SETUP - 10 lights, 2 fluoro's, 2 fixtures, 6 CFL's. and a fan. I guess I musta overnuted a little. I forgot I added some shultz generic low NPK plant food a few weeks ago. I then added some MG bloom at too high a ratio. It's alright though. The plants are developing very nicely for my needs and I'll lay low with the ferts for the next week and just give them like 10% strength when I water them.

Monster - large
    Monster - top cola
    Monster - inner growth

BigGuy - large
    BigGuy - top cola
    Big Guy - inner growth
    BigGuy with small white kitten sittin behind it.

Attached Files:

8. Can anyone give me a "guesstimation" of how much I might expect to get out this plant bud wise? It's only been 10 days of flowering but it's comin' along so nicely...so i gotta ask! I know I coulda grown these plants out for a larger yield but aren't worried about that...anyone have any guesses here?

1/4 oz? 1/2 oz? 1 oz?

9. maybe a quad. Oh and vegging for more than one month is unneccesary especially when doing sativas since they stretch so much.

10. yea i've seen other's photo's and they look really stretched. These plants are relatively compact...espcially Monster. So you only think 1/4 then from both plants? I have no clue but my guess at this point would be 1/4-1/2 each plant. hopefully more...

11. looking good there.. hope to see em flourish with many buds :p ill check back in a few days :smoke:

12. yea i was counting up all the "lil buds" ...each plant has about 18-20 of them. Ya know, 1 on the top, 2 at every internode and branch etc. I gotta think that if i get a total of 40 buds, that it will be more than 1/2oz. Especially with Monster...her top cola is 10 days into flowering and is lookin real sick (in a good way).

My g/f and I were admiring the plants tonight and after I touched the stem i put my finger under her nose and she got a wiff and started licking my fingers dry...they reeked like quality buds. I think the crystals are starting to form and it's gettin sticky.

Growin this stuff is a lotta fun ;)

I'm regretting not making clones from Monster. I'm going to try my best to regenerate her and flip her back into veg state after flowering. I want to save her. I love her!!!

13. looking great BTW if ound a 400w hps/mh systemcomplete for 169.00 and only 30.00 shipping ... i wanted to go cheap but i think i have more in my lights than the 169 so imma buy it soon i just got a job so hehehe

BTW your plants are looking awesome keep up the good work :smoking:

14. hey man whats up, nice grow from cfl's. how much days in veg, and flower light stages?

15. About 35 days in veg...

Light schedule was 24/7 for the first 3 weeks. Then for the last 2 weeks I went 18/6 and then to 12/12. Yea it's lookin good so far...it's my first grow so i'm just learnin' as I go here. Buds are growing nicely. I'll post more pictures when I figure out how to get my camera to focus on a close-up shot!

16. look for the little flower setting on the camera, that usually is the one you need

17. YES!!!! i figured out the camera setting with kkrezono's help there...sorry, not much of a photographer here. So now I can share some pictures in a good, clear resolution:

Here's the high-res bud shots of Monster. You can definitely see the starting of the crystals...everywhere! damn i love Monster.

My favorite picture is the second one...yummmmm!!

Attached Files:

18. lookin goooooooood... good luck on the harvest!

19. It's goin alright. I wish I could feed the plants more nutes to promote larger buds but Monster already has both heat & light burns and a small nute overdose problem. It's been exactly 21 days since I went to 12/12 cycle. So that means about 15 days since they showed sex and about 10 days since small buds starting forming everywhere.

I read that if you delay harvest by a week or so it will effect the "type" of high the smoke produces to be more laid back than head rushy. I'd rather have a nice body buzz than an "upper high" anyday. Anyone know anything about that?

Pictures -

BigGuy Top
    BigGuy Middle

Monster Top
    Monster Middle

Attached Files:

20. Whats up HappySmoker?
    I just read the whole thread, nice job so far man. I can't wait til my grow is underway (2 weeks woohoo :D). One question though, how's the odor?

-Grow:smoking: