1st grow - All Fluoro - Cheap supplies under $30 total!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by HappySmoker420, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Here's the ferrets...they're doing alright. I haven't had much time for them lately...i just let them out of their cage and let them run around in their room for an hour everyday and they sleep the rest of the time...lol

The tops of the soil gets so dried out...i'd say after spraying the spray bottle heavily on the top layer it gets dried out within 12hrs. The edges of the pots started to shrink up and it seems like i've lost 1/4"- 1/2" of soil. I poked some holes for airation last night and then drilled about 10 small holes in the lower parts of each pot to get even more airflow.

As for male/female...no, i can't tell yet. I look with a magnifying glass and think i see little tiny pistils but i know i'm just foolin' myself. I'll be dropping the light cycle from 20/4 to 18/6 in 1 week then to 12/12 in about 2 weeks so i guess it will be another 3 weeks until they start showing their sex.

Attached Files:

2. very nice grow keep up the good work

3. weird...we both used the same light cycle. I went from 24/7 for 2 weeks or so to 20/4 for 3 weeks maybe? then 18/6 for a few days.

4. so do you think that has worked well for you then? (varying light cycle)

I don't really care about maximum yield on my grow...I'll prob end up switching to 12/12 sooner rather than later. Maybe another 2 weeks before i make the switch.

5. they looking good man.How long they been growin for?

6. They're on the 4th week now. I've added a few high powered CFL's for the next 10 days to try to get some good growth. I'll then be starting to switch to 12/12 and forcing flower. I'm not too concerned if they're not that large yet...this is my first time around.

7. looking well hope the flowering goes well and you have nice nugs

8. Update:

I'm definitely having some problems with bigguy - he's so freakin droopy! He's definitely getting enough light...and the soil seems to be alright. PH meter is below 7...i added some ferts 2 days ago but no change. Watered just a tad the other day, no change. Ugh...any suggestions would be helpful

Monster, the one below...is doing great! She is getting pretty bushy and inner stem growth and branching is looking nice too.

Pics:

My setup
    Big guy - drooping
    Big guy - under the leaves - looking good..lots of growth...
    Link the kitty
    Monster - looking grreat!

Attached Files:

9. drooping usually means overwatering.... Try letting the soil dry up for a few days see what happens.

10. Well i drenched/flushed the plant with about 30oz of water until it was pouring out the bottom. She seems like she's maybe possibly perhaps starting to look a little better. The top of the soil is i'd say only 30% moist now 6hrs later. I really hope that she pulls through since she was the fastest grower.

i'll post again whenever something happens...

11. Alright, so...I'm about 75% sure the drooping problem with bigguy was caused by the addition of lighting from the sides and not a soil or watering issue. After all, it's first 3 weeks of existence it had 2 fluoro tubes 3-4" on top of it's "head". Then, 10 days ago i started adding CFL's to the sides and then the drooping started almost at the same time.

The plant looks so healthy underneath the main leaves...the inner growth is great, at every internode. In fact all 3 are just about to the point where i'll be switching to 12/12 shortly to induce sexing.

My bet is on monster to be the only female

12. bigguy - the drooping is going away!!! yes!!! (those burn marks are my fault) :*(

monster - looking great all around...

retard - took him off of LST...he wasn't looking too good. He shot up a full 1" in 12hrs

Attached Files:

13. so ive been having alot of fun watching this lol. perfect mixture of weed and pets haha

14. thanks Tman...it's all about the fun of growing the plant and playin wif the pets :) I'm not a big smoker...and like i mentioned only hope to get 1 quality female out of this for personal "use" ;)

it's like a freakin zoo around here. I don't think someone with allergies could stand it...plants growing...ferrets runnin' around, cat's everywhere u look..lol

I should get one of those ionic breeze contraptions

15. looking good happy smoker keep up with the great pics and i hope everything will be great with your ladies " their all ladies until they show cock and balls " hehehe

16. Alright so all 3 plants are looking good now so I went ahead and switched into the flowering time schedule of 12/12. All three plants are relatively small but I'm not too worried. I went to the store and bought (6) 3000k 26w CFL's...puttin out 2600lumes...so pretty powerful. I switched the fluoro tubes from the 6500k to the 5100k sunshine and 4100k plant & aquarium bulbs and raised the tubes 6" up.

The plants have light from every side now and i don't think i could even fit any more lights around the small area. Updates will probably be slow and i'll let ya know when they start to sex. *fingers crossed*

My main concern is blocking out the light during the dark 12hrs and i have to manually remove the plants from their grow space and put them into a seperate closet that's sealed from light.

Attached Files:

17. nice man its lookin good.

im keepin an eye in

18. Well it's been just over 24hrs and there's a lot of new growth. Big guy who was once so droopy has recovered nicely...for the 2nd time i've burnt the hell outta 2 of his leaves. damnit!

Big Guy - doin well...not drooping anymore. Burnt 2 leaf tips.

Monster - doin the best. Really bushy and very thick stem

Retard - he's comin in last place in every category

Setup - You can see the fluoro tubes - the red sunshine bulb in the front and the green plant and aquarium in the rear. Really cool lookin~!

Attached Files:

19. Thats a nice flo setup you've got going there. I hope your female come from the healthiest ones. Now that your hooked on growing I imagine soon we will see sodiums in the near future.....lol. Just kidding..:) Growing is an addictive hobby. Good luck with your grow....gm714

20. updates - just larger plants...monster is just huge...so bushy. Big Guy & Retard are growing alright...but nothing great.

Pics:

Monster
    Big Guy
    Retard

Attached Files: