1st Grow All CFL. Closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by KingJ, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Hey not much of a writer but I figured I'd throw up a grow log.
    The grow space is about 2 feet wide and 9 ft long. I've put mylar on the walls and doors.
    What I'm using.

Lighting
    2 Foot T5 High Output Fluorescent Light Sytems "2000 lumen per bulb, 8 bulbs in total."

2 24watt cfl daylights 1700 lumens each
    1 125watt cfl daylight 9000 lumens

Fans
    2 4inch fans connected to tubing 1 bringing air in and the other bringing air out
    and one 6 inch oscilating fan

Regular 4 galon buckets with trays on the bottom incase of any leaks.

This is my first grow so I'm really looking for everyones advice. I'll be growing 12 plants in total. The strain is some sort of purple kush. The plants are clones i got from a friend, as well as 5 white widow seeds that I just put into soil.

Attached Files:

• u2p2.jpg
      u2p2.jpg
      File size:
      199.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2up1.jpg
      2up1.jpg
      File size:
      180.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Pics of the plants about after about 6 days in my care.
    Edit - Odor control is becoming a problem. I've got an automatic mister that dispenses every 10 minutes but it isnt enough. Any advice on this?

Attached Files:

3. id hate to tell u this.. but ur babies are stretching.... im drunk right now.. so i might be wrong... but u dont want them stretching that latee in growin... tryi movin the light closer or somthin..... btw im sorry if im wrong.. but im so fucking faded right now..., so ill leave wit a joke its called the creation of a pussy
    Seven wise men with knowledge so fine,
    created a pussy to their design.
    First was a butcher,
    with smart wit,
    using a knife,
    he gave it a slit,
    Second was a carpenter,
    strong and bold,
    with a hammer and chisel,
    he gave it a hole,
    Third was a tailor,
    tall and thin,
    by using red velvet,
    he lined it within,
    Fourth was a hunter,
    short and stout,
    with a piece of fox fur,
    he lined it without,
    Fifth was a fisherman,
    nasty as hell,
    threw in a fish and gave it a smell,
    Sixth was a preacher,
    whose name was McGee,
    he touched it and blessed it,
    and said it could pee,
    Last was a sailor,
    dirty little runt,
    he sucked it and fucked it,
    and called it a cunt.

4. Im working on adding more light. I've got a question though right now im using about 340watts of cfl lights. Is that using the same amount of power as a 300watt hps light?

5. If you are talking about the actual wattage used by the CFLs then the answer is yes. Many times CFLs will be listed as a 100 watt equivalent but in reality it is a 26 watt bulb. In that case it would take just under 4 bulbs to equal 100 watts.

Here is something else to consider about using just 1 big light...

Your grow room is 2' X 9'. I don't think you would ever get enough lights to both ends especially when your babies grow up. Although those big bulbs are best for maximum growth, Using CFLs allows you to distribue the light more evenly. They also don't require the same amount of cooling as do the others.

Were those plants stretched when you got them?

I was thinking that your lights didnt look that far away in the pics. My clones are never really short and bushy looking at first either.

6. I've got about 10 CFL's that are 24 watts each and then another 125watt CFL. So thats about 365watt
    Yes the plants were light streched when I got them, do they look better then the 1st pics?
    The t5's are hanging about 3/4 inches above the plants. The regular cfls are basically in between them.

7. Just give them some time since you got them stretched, they'll re situate.

8. whats wrong with these leafs? im clueless

Attached Files:

9. another update here. plants are still looking funny i've moved the lights farther away. temp is around 78f constantly and the humidity is around 60%

Attached Files:

10. update 02-20-08

my baby white widows are coming along nicely, i've also planted 10 white rhinos for my next batch.

Attached Files:

11. pics of my bayb white widows, one of them looks funny. Is that nute burn? The only thing I'm giving them is a small amount of superthrive

Attached Files:

12. update again, i know my leafs look funny but i still dont have any idea whats wrong with them. i've started flowering just moved them to the 12/12

Attached Files:

13. Is there anyway you can turn that 125w on it's side? You'll get a lot more out of that light if you can. Just a thought.

Great grow so far. :D

-tS

14. I've been thinking of ways to make a reflector for it, I'd prefer not to buy one because I've spent too much on this grow already. My next grow will def be with a HPS light.

15. pic of my bayb white widows, as well as a pic of my home made carbon filter it works great =]

Attached Files:

16. and pics of the purple

Attached Files:

17. update again day 15 of flower. I wonder what I'll yield.

Attached Files: