1st grow advice needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IlL HaZE, Apr 14, 2009.

1. hey guys! started my first grow about 10 days ago and wanted to know if I was doing it right. The plant looks healthy, but the only thing that concerns me is the tips of the leaves yellowing ever so slightly and curling up just a little bit. Ive also seen posts where some plants looks 3 times bigger than mine in the first week. How could this be? I have a 400 watt HPS about 12-15 inches away from the plant. I have only recently have given it some nutrients including: gravity and purple maxx. I have mixed half a teaspoon of each with a gallon (3.78 liters - for you guys out of the states) of water. I started in Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix in peat moss cups and simply transitioned the container into a bigger pot several days ago. I got Miricale Grow Orchid Mix in the bigger pot and I also have a bag of just regular Miricle Grow Potting mix. Is the orchid better? I also feel that the grow area is a little hot so I plan on getting a mini fan. Any advice is appreciated. :hello:
    o and btw it was bagseed from dankest of the dankity dank

Attached Files:

2. Really looking for some advice here... read all the stickies and did about 6 months worth of research before starting. Anybody?? :confused:

3. Im in the same boat as you, except no HPS :( but same thing happened to me I think it happened to me from over watering? but I dunno what your case may me. good luck and let me know how you solved it.

4. And I thought this was a helpful community. :mad:

5. if you have MG soil mix then dont water with nutrients... it should have some in the soil already. thats your problem... just for a week or two just water with pure water

6. #6 IlL HaZE, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    Thanks for the info I appreciate it +rep will one plant grow fine under a 400 watt HPS or could that be too much of a power source?

7. I use a 400 watt HPS to flower 4 plants at a time.... also I have a cooltube that is connected to a 6" can fan so i can keep my HPS about 6" from the plants...

I personally like Compact Fluros for growing because i like to stay 24/7 during grow

8. Plants don't need any nutes at 10 days old. Giving them nutes in combination with the time release nutes in the MG soil has probably started to cause nute burn. Just water them with regular water for a couple of weeks, and they will be fine. When you start adding nutes, do so at 1/3 or 1/4 the recommended strength. Work up as the plants gets older.