1st Grow 8wks White Widow...issues........

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by flat four, Dec 2, 2010.

1. 1st time post. Got a grow going on 8 wks, White Widow seeds, 50% germination, transplanted to 7gal containers filled with Roots Organics potting soil. Lighting is a 1000W HPS w/fan blowing thru hood, 18/6 cycle, room temp 73 F, soil temp 55 F. Fertilized twice with Miracle Grow (half strength).
    I've got a plant that is curling it's leaves up along the edges and another that has some mottling (shrunken spots)? Maybe some genetic issue or is it a nutrient problem? Check em out. Also, note how thick the stalks are :eek:. Bigger than your finger! Is this common?

Attached Files:

2. If there curled up towards the light, kinda like a "Taco" its cuz its too hot for em.

Gotta check the PH. Maybe over watering as well...

3. Thanks for the help. I need to get some test strips to check the ph of the runoff. I only water about once a week, when the weight of the pot is low. These pots are rather large so they hold the moisture (maybe too much)....I'm tossing the Miracle Grow! Too strong...I'll keep ya posted.:wave:

4. toss the miracle grow as far as possible.mg sucks.

5. I agree man throw the mg out in the yard and piss on the bottle lol I've never used the test strips to test ph but I heard there not the greates but better then nothing so atleast they will give u a ballpark figure of where ur ph is one thing u can do to keep ur ph in check is dolomite lime I added it to my soil and since then I feel I wasted 200 bucks on a ph meter haha