1st Grow 5G Bucket

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dabigboi305, Feb 10, 2009.

1. This is going to be my 1st official grow and i made this thread to see if i can get a couple advice......I will be using a home made DWC bucket and the only thing im waiting on are lights and seeds.....Now heres 1 of my main questions is there a cheaper route i can take with the lights? since i will be growing 1 plant at a time 150w should be good enough im assuming.. also can i buy a light fixture like that at home depot? i have a ton of question and i will post them as they come back to me.....Also as soon as i get everything i will be making a grow journal with pics ..but yea can i get some feedback thanks:wave:

2. Hey bro - sounds like your on the right track.... however, please keep in mind to SEARCH first, ask the question second as they 'come to you'.

Dont skimp on lighting - it's one of the most important factors in a grow and the final yield of a plant. A single plant SCRoG'd can easily take up a 3ft space like a fuckin' Bush of happiness.... so the more light you can use, even for a single plant, the better.

3. If you are gonna go with CFLs and 1 plant, I would recommend using 3-4 lights. You can use a 3-4 outlet vanity fixture, or easier yet, a surge protector bar with a couple of Y splitters. This will easily give you 3-4 lights in a focused area. You could also get a couple of clamp-on shop lights, add a Y splitter and run them to an outlet. Be sure to use 6500K (bright white or daylight bulbs) for the veg cycle and switch to 2700K (soft white or cool white bulbs) for flowering. With CFLs, keep them as close to the plant as you can get without burning.

4. also i forgot to mention i will be growing autoflowring plants and thing that dont get to big because i will be using my closet