1st grow, 4 PLANTS(Pictures Daily)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by brian_6905, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Heres my first grow, one is already older, shes about 3 weeks old, shes a clone and she had a horrible living environment for about 2 weeks, no good lighting whatsoever, but not i got her a new pot and grow light, but here is also 3 other seeds i just planted the strains of all are unknown, i know that 2 of them are good strains
    one is purple strain
    other is really good chronic type strain
    and other 2 are unknown,(got em from a mexican dood so they might be crap)

Ill post a picture of them daily to show progress and such

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I would consider putting all the lights over your biggest plant, she looks like she would like more light. You could put your solo cups near there, so the seedlings get a little light, until you add more lights. I think the common thing is 100w minimum for one plant, then add 50w for each additional plant. I personally think that is a bit on the low side.

3. the big plant has 1 2700k and the other is 6500 lumens
    and the little plants now have 1 6500 and 2 2700k lights
    is that not enough>
    or should i put the 2 6500's on the bigger plant and the 3 2700ks on the little guys>?

4. Day 2, my bigger plant is regaining its green color
    3 seedlings showed leafs today\ABC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Looking good so far! I would suggest removing the foil. In the end, it will probably do more damage with hotspots than helping you plants. If you must, try using paper or something else to create a reflecting surface, or just make some sort of reflector hood for the actual lights.

I would recommend lst on your bigger one. I did it to my sativa, and I am getting MASS budsites all over!

6. LST?
    and im planning to take the foil off and put a bunch of it as linning in the closet

7. i wouldn't even use it in your closet; it reflects heat better than light.

panda film works great - black plastic on one side, white on the other. totally light proof and almost entirely reflective

8. thats for the tip, where online can i buy panda film, ive asked around for reflective type film at stores but i get nothing

9. #9 brian_6905, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    Day 3, making good progress, and my bigger plant is turning back to its normal color, was really yellow before

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. maybe someone else could recommend where to find it online, I haven't any experience with ordering growing supplies over the net. I found my roll of panda film at my local hydro shop. If you find a hydro shop you will likely find some there, but it is very unlikely to find it at a place like home depot, rona, or even a greenhouse.

You might have better luck asking for black/white mylar. Silver mylar (like a mirror) will also work great i imagine. And i guess if anyone questions what your are up to, just tell them you are building a photo tent, for taking pictures... lol

Good to see the new ones broke through! They won't need any nutrients for at least 2 weeks.

P.S. looks like you would really benefit from a single T5 light, maybe a 4 footer... 54W, it would grow all your seedlings with just one bulb. have a look at the pic:

Attached Files:

• 829.jpg
      829.jpg
      File size:
      318.4 KB
      Views:
  11. I am not sure about Panda film, but I used emergency blankets from Kmart, they were like 2 bucks a piece. 2 of them was plenty to mylar my closet. The stuff is very thin, but it is mylar and very reflective. You will need to be very careful while hanging it, I used squares of duct tape and thumbtacks to hang mine. If you use just the thumbtack, it rips, but if you put the square of duct tape on the mylar and then put the tack through the center of the tape piece, you will be golden.

12. eh i guess im pretty much broke now, i bought 4 105 watt 6500k's so im just gonna get something set up and use those,
    along with the panda film i ordered to put it on it
    and am gonna start lst within the next weed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. haven't been home to update pics, but im back so here's day 8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. by the way i've began LST
    will start the flowering stage when all the plants are ready to flower so i can start them at the same time, thats if they're females

15. so were nearing the end of week 2
    got my 100 watt cfls and panda film, atm im running at about 345watts~ 6500ks all 4 bulbs, clone is about 5 weeks old(around 3 weeks really because it had no living conditions for a while)
    Look at the size of these bulbs!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. its only the 2nd week of vegetation but is this a female?
    if so, then all my seedlings i believe are females.... =)

Attached Files:

17. Looks like its female to me but idk if id trust me....u need atleast a few more peeps to verify

18. no, that is not pre-flowers

19. If its only vegging you cant tell. It can take almost 2 weeks through flowering to see the preflowers. Dude, our setups are pretty similar!

20. haha meddy thats crazy i checked out ur grow, they are almost identical

well i dont have as much time as i used to so i will only update maybe weekly,
    well here they are nearing the end of week 3(2 weeks 4 days)
    I accedentaly broke 2 mini branches so imma try and clone them,

they were broken horribly so im gonna try some hydro-type deal were i soak the branches in the water till they grow some roots than they go in dirt

along with that, i accedantaly bent a branch that explains green/white tape

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]