1st Grow//3x3x7//240w HTG LED//92w CFL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by erbmon, Mar 4, 2013.

1. #1 erbmon, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    SET UP

3x3x7 Mylar Tent
    240w HTG Supply LED 7-Band
    92w (4x23w) 2700k CFL (for flower)
    Fox Farms Happy Frog Medium
    Age Old Organics Grow and Bloom
    Organic Unsulphured molasses
    1-7 gallon Smart Pot (for Cannalope Kush)
    2-3 gallon regular pots
    2-1 gallon reqular pots (will increase to 3 gallon after males are taken out)

SEEDS

1- DNA Cannalope Kush
    3- Random bag seeds
    1- bag seed from a hermi dispensary bud- Purple Nepal

2. #2 erbmon, Mar 4, 2013
    Week 1 Cannalope Kush seedling

Week 3 Cannalope Kush seedling

Week 5 Cannalope Kush and FIM Cut (2 days old)
    Bag Seeds on tuperware 2 weeks old

Attached Files:

3. f this wizi wig. GO THCFARMER

photos taken yesterday

Attached Files:

4. flipping to 12/12 in just under 2 weeks. Cannalope Kush is almost 6 weeks old. 10 inches tall after lst. top is growing back up to 12 inches. going to lst again in a few days. Bag Seeds are 3.5 weeks old. 5-7 inches tall. i have confirmation that the pre-flower above is indeed a girl. she is the tallest and most eager of the bag seeds as well.

5. How much was that LED you have?

6. I'm going to subscrib.

I am about to embark on the Age Old Grow. Applied yesterday, been searching reviews about it all day today. So far have found nothing.

What do you think of it?

7. $266
    HTG Supply - 7 Band 240w LED Grow Light

ive only given 2 feedings (first at 1/4 strength and second at 1/2 strength) so i havent really seen results yet, but im optimistic with the high numbers. are you using more than just grow and bloom?

8. #8 GrinMEaSmile, Mar 4, 2013
    Erbmon I put the information in this thread. It's about Age Old Organic.
    Well a bit more.
    molasses, humic and fulic acid, mycorrhizae, potassium, and little cal/mag if need.
    I hope to achieve an aggressive grow with co2

9. #9 GrowMassGrass, Mar 4, 2013
    [quote name='"erbmon"']
    $266
    HTG Supply - 7 Band 240w LED Grow Light

ive only given 2 feedings (first at 1/4 strength and second at 1/2 strength) so i havent really seen results yet, but im optimistic with the high numbers. are you using more than just grow and bloom?[/quote]

I could only imagine how bright that led is. I just recieved my 180 watt from htg that i paid 260 for after shipping. Wish i would have had a few more bucks to get that one. I also have 110 watts of 2700 cfl runnin. I just hit a little over a week in flower on some plants that recieved a shit load of stress for a very long time and i think now are root bound, so i havent seen the full potential of the led yet but deff worth it........... I think it was the 180 i got.... How much was yours after shipping?

Just went and looked. It is the 180 i got ..... Damn, 30 more dollars and coulda had 60 more watts.

10. sounds like some tasty treats. im going to be looking for cal/mag deficiencies once i hit flower. i have read that is one downfall of this nute line. i will also be supplementing co2 in my tent (sugar amd yeast method). if anybody is trying to keep it organic, i dont believe that this company and these products are truly 100% organic, its just a name.

it was $280 something. i just believe from reading a multitude of threads that LED's do not pump out what they say they are rated for (wattage). i dont have a kilowatt meter but HTG says 240w (80 x 3w diodes), my guess is anywhere from 120w-170w. I wonder if another 4 pack of CFL's will really help out later on in flower (bump 92w up to 184w)

do you have a diary going? id like to see how your plants respond to the LED and CFL combo meal as your a few weeks ahead of me.

11. my buddy moved his plants out of my tent and into his. i have the tent to myself so i rearranged things to neaten it up and try to make the canopy even. I tied down ms cannalope's top again to try and give light to the newest nodes. it looks like at least 5 of her branches have started growing up. cant wait until they start to stretch.

the bagseed plant with the female pre-flowers that i posted above is going crazy with pistils. 3 nodes all have very noticeable pre-flowers on them. she is the only one out of the bunch. is this normal or a good sign?

the purple nepal bagseed is looking more and more like a runt. it has been the smallest of the bagseeds from the get go and has made no effort to catch up. we'll see what happens in flower.

1 more week till flower.

Attached Files:

12. 2 questions about pre-flowers...

is this a male pre-flower?

why does this plant have so many pistils? it is a bagseed from a long forgotten nug and it has been on 18/6 its whole life.

//also an update on ms cannalope. i tied down the top once more this afternoon. i have been tucking and weaving the branches and fan leaves in order to get the most light penetration to the branches that i can. trimmed off some of the the leaves that were shaded and resting on the soil top.

Attached Files:

13. Don't see anything that looks male. I too notice my ladies get those pistols when the mature. Would wait at lest a few more days to flower, as they are still maturing. See how the nodes are stacked side by side? When they get larger they tend to off stack. Thats when I know I am ready to flower (12/12).

Once you hit that stage, then you need to watch all of your plants for males/hermi.

14. looks like there is another female in the bunch. this one is coming from mystery #2 bagseed (from post above).

Attached Files:

15. switched to 12/12 2 days ago. gave one of the bagseed plants to a friend to free up some space in the tent. feed 1/2 dose of bloom and 1/2 dose of grow nutrients with molasses today. 2 of the bagseeds and the cannalope kush have shown female pre-flowers. still nothing showing on the purple nepal bagseed.

Attached Files: