1st grow 2 weeks in...looking ok?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tokerpro420, Sep 28, 2011.

1. GC! Hey all...she is 2 weeks old in plain scotts premium topsoil. This is 1 of 16 just to give an idea of what they look like. Any comments? Too lanky?

Attached Files:

2. streeetched as hell buddy! Bring the lights closer if you can.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will do, bringing lights down now...im really worried about the soil i chose. Besides being too tall Does this look anywhere normal for 2 weeks old? (scotts premium topsoil)

4. Very streetched. What kind of light are you using? If its CFL you want it very close. After about 4-5 inches there useless. What will happen it will just keep trying to reach the light then fall over on itself.

5. If that soil pre nuted? Amazon.com HTGsupply.com order some Fox Farms Ocean soil. Great stuff

• Like Like x 1
  6. Under flouros right now till i get a little cash for hps or mh or switchable ballast. Not sure if the soil is pre nute or not. Scotts claims its from a forest floor. I think i may switch to the fox farm soil. Any recommendations for hps wattage for a 4x8 room with 30 plants?

7. For that big of a room, with that many plants, I would either do 2 600w lights minimum, or two 1k watt lights, as long as you can keep the place cool.

8. Sweet i guess ill try the 2 600w. I want to go with hps for veg and flower to save a little doe. when i switch to fox farm ocean soil,should i use fox farm nutes in the medium?

9. You could get away with a 1000 watt and a light mover trac, but with more light comes the benifit of more Lumens the plants will get :)

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

10. Hell with 1000w you could pull what.. like..900grams!

11. :wave: Hi Toker

I just switched from FFOF to Roots Organics & I like it so much better. I currently have a plant that has a major drainage problem because of FFOF. It has very little perlite in it as opposed to the Roots Organics, which has lots of perlite in it. No need to buy a second bag of perlite (unless you want to), and RO was only $2.00 more. I still think FFOF is good soil, but as soon as I planted my girls in the RO it was clear that the drainage was better. And my girls seem to like it. Just wanted to throw in another option. :D

Good luck on the grow. Hope it all goes well

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1