1st Grow(1000w tent grow with multiple strains)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stealthzzz, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Oh, forgot to add that these issues and concerns we share have come and gone over the past couple months, sometimes reappearing, but always fading. It always seems to more or less correct itself in time, and I have had no casualties come of it. If my young ladies have pulled out of it with the piss poor conditions they struggle to live in, then I'd like to think urs will also be fine with the excellent conditions and care you seem to provide.

Cheers,
    -d0p3-

2. #42 stealthzzz, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Awesome I'm glad someone is on the same page as me. I'm not getting much help from the expert, but its a learning game. I'll figure it out like everyone else did.

I got new pics of my plants transplanted, n I fed them at 1/4 strength yesterday. So I'm hoping things are going to go good. Haven't had problems since the leaves.

3. I'm also experiencing the same problems, but I have no clue what the solutions or causes are. Hope someone can help us out, haha.

4. Hello everyone, im here with an update:wave:

It has been 1 week and 5 days since these fellas have sprouted.

I transplanted my plants into 5 gal pots on thursday and gave them their first feeding at 1/4 strength nutes. Im using Micro and Bloom from Advanced Nutrients using the Lucas Formula.

The plants got a little nute burn, but nothing to be worried about, they are looking healthy either way. :D

I plan on starting LST using string to tie the stems down sometime this week and then eventually start topping them too.

I have one question about cloning because I plan on making this a perpetual grow, when is it best to take clones from my girls? Is there a specific time frame I should be looking at or basically when they look like they are ready to be cloned?

Sorry for the confusing question, this blue cheese and Shishkaberry is really getting to my head and I like it :hippie:

Here are some pictures of my veg room and my girls :)

Enjoy:cool:

Attached Files:

5. Quick little update. Plants are looking healthier than ever :D

Can't wait to start lst.

Will post pics when I do my first lst session.

6. Those are looking nice! Glad things are going so well!
    My experience was once I started lst and the new colas got to be around 3"-4" they made for good clones. I don't know what the rule of thumb is, but that's what worked for me. Search willow branch diy rooting hormone, that's what I used. Works kinda slow, but its free! And about the string, I used curling ribbon as a tie down at first but found the plants would often droop leaving a lot of loose slack in the loop. Wire worked a lot better for me because it not only holds them down, but holds them up! Some pretty thick wire makes for all around better support and keeps the growth where you want it.

Good luck!
    -d0p3-

7. Hello stealth. Im not an expert or a complete noob. Just wanted to say hello and i will be watching the grow of yours. Nice set up by the way. Im sure you have one but i dont see a Carbon filter with your 1000W light in the tent. You are planning on having one arent you? As for LSTing.... Im on my 1st proper grow in my 4th week of flower. I have 2 plants that i vegged for 8 weeks. 1 i LSTed and 1 i Fimmed/Topped.
    So much easier to fim or top the plants than lst IMO. I thought LST was for limited head room growers. You have plenty of head room so i would let them ladies go free. LST takes longer and you wont see as many new tops as you will when you FIM. I dont know how to make a link to my grow diary but its under Super Iced Grapefruit if you want to take a look at the different growing style. Good luck with the grow and i will help if i can along the way.
    Subbed

Smokey

8. #48 stealthzzz, Aug 24, 2011
    I acctually looked up your thread today :) I was gonna do lst and topping. I am doing a perpetual grow so I will be vegging as long as it takes to flower. I need to keep my plants at 3-4 feet during flower. I like that you give your opinion. I always take it into consideration.

I just started lst with elastics today. I will update as soon as things start to change

Peace out
    :D

9. 8 to 11 weeks veg period you should be ok with topping and fimming to stay below the 3-4 feet mark. just watch out for any sativa strains that will shoot up in flower!

Good luck,

Smokey

10. Good morning everybody,

I started LST yesterday with one elastic to see if it would be effective but I found out today I needed to use a few to tie everything down because they move too much :D

So here are a couple pictures showing my LST with elastics, I will be giving them a full feeding tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to start topping those new leaf growths

I am also starting to be able to tell the difference between the white rhino, master kush and chocolate chunk. I will update as soon as I can after this.

Enjoy:smoke:

Attached Files:

11. looking pretty. curious....what does 1000w hps look like to a meter reader?

12. #52 stealthzzz, Aug 25, 2011
    I don't have a meter but it sure does look pretty when I put it on :D

13. i meant a power company meter reader narc stealthzz

14. #54 stealthzzz, Aug 25, 2011
    I really don't know, but im not worried.

15. Update #2 for today :D

Gave the girls feeding #2 :D

LST is looking great :D

Cant wait to start topping/fimming these ladies :D

Nothing but smiles :D

Even tho not too many people like to stay active on my thread, I still love updating and love the community:bongin:

Until next time! :wave:

16. I took a picture of each lady individually after I LST'd them with elastics and fimmed them.

Already seeing multiple tops start up.

Cant believe its been 2 and a half weeks already :)

I got paid today so I will be making a trip to the hydro store to hook myself up with some cloning gear (dome, cloning gel, rock wool cubes and a mist bottle) if u think I should buy something else useful for cloning let me know, I love peoples opinions

Thats all, enjoy :wave:

Attached Files:

17. =]]]]

Growing really fast and healthy!

18. #58 stealthzzz, Aug 26, 2011
    I know! I can't wait to flower these babies, its such a tease. I like to compare how I'm doing with others grows and I like what I'm seeing so far :)

19. Looking nice man.

20. Late night update!

Just got back from out of town and decided to update you all.

Plants are getting huge, did a 3 hour tie down session to tie all the new colas.

Check out how thick the stems have gotten, seems like everything is going well. :D

I stuck a little more with LST this time around and less fimming unless the new cola was really in the way then i snipped it.

Tomorrow I will be giving a full feeding and cant wait to see these babies explode. Before i LST'd some more each plant had approx 4-6 colas, cant wait to see how many tops i get after a couple days :D

Quick question: Will trimming random leaves that are in the way do any damage to my girls? (kinda like the ones you see in the stem pictures)

I will update again when I notice a difference

Let me know how you think I am doing so far, I love feedback and appreciate all the help that is offered here, nothing but good people :smoke:

Attached Files: