1st grow, 1 month in

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jpjp, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I've got 3 girls *(hopefully)* in soil, under 2 flouro's. sorry about the big/blurry pics, any suggestion are more than welcome.
    Comments/ Questions....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Not bad, what type of soil are you using? MG? Anyhoo no it does not look like nute burn or light burn. Looks like u spilled something on it. It was only one leaf part I saw damaged? Your pictures are hella blurry but from what I saw were like the claws of the plant. Females really receive these claw like pinchers on each side of the shoot. White hairs usually form and then you will see your female preflowers fully. White hairs= female green kinda hairs and upward leaf growth is a damn Male. Obviously if it has nuts....its a male. You look good. Plants looks to be leaning toward female. I am not 100% but about 80% sure.

APZ

3. Looking great so far! Congratulations, you're growing your own weed!

The only suggestion I have for you is that you may need to transplant that larger plant into a larger pot soon. And that is not preflowers, it's just some growth of the plant. Only when the light cycle is turned to 12/12 is when the plant will show sex.

4. #4 jpjp, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    I am using MG soil..:rolleyes: I didn't know not to use it til i got on here. dam controlled release. and do i really need to think about transplanting..? all 3 are already in 10 inch pots...

From my Jorge book, it says not to induce flowering until you get signs of preflowers. also was kinda hoping to keep one as a mother and keep vegging for now. or is that a bad idea on 1st grow. should i wait..? They are BC Sweet Dreams. "100 % female guaranteed" we shall see.

And for the discoloration..? i haven't spilled anything on them. i'll admit my area is 80% clean. im kinda a neat freak, so 80% to you maybe a lil different.

**Should i add a few small cfl's kinda in between the girls? the flouro is all i have, and know i'll get less dense buds w/ it. what wattage cfl's if im just adding lights, not replacing the flouro?**

And again, sorry for the crappy pics.

5. Looking good man!

I have had my mother plants 5 months now, and They have finally pre-flowered, the hairs all turned red with tiny trics on it, crazy shit :D

6. a plant will show sex(preflowers) whenever it is ready regardless of light cycle.

7. good job on the plants anyhow. keep things simple and youll continue to keep them healthy. good luck.

8. Doesn't cutting the lights out before pre-flowering stress out the plants? i've read, the plant will show pre's when she's ready for "sex" w/ pollen

9. i'd have to disagree. Its very rare for a plant to show sex under 24/0 (OBVIOUSLY this depends on strain, too, so it's never cut and dry). You can switch whenever you're ready. Obviously, if it vegges for longer, than the plant will be more mature and able to produce bigger buds. But if you veg it for too long, when you flower it you'll end up with something out of control. Expect your plants to at least double or triple in size from the moment you switch to 12/12.