1st greenhouse attempt! Looking for advice!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drencromed, Dec 3, 2016.

1. hey everyone! I've been crawling on these boards for years for advice, I finally feel compelled to turn to you all and your expertise to help a sister out! Posted this under greenhouses but thought I could get some good info here too!

I'm a relatively inexperienced grower, mostly indoor and caretaking with other people's plants outdoors but looking to start my first greenhouse endeavor now that I got some land! I wanna grow some big ladies in either a 16 or 20x36.

That being said, I am totally looking for advice from you great folk!

I have a beautiful meadow with full southern exposure and a pond.

A. 15 gal smart pots or larger?
    B. Supplemental lighting, I already own two 1000watt double ended hps/mh hybrids, how many to keep ladies happy in this space in cloudy conditions and to keep them from flowering in winter months? Don't want them permanently set up cus I'll have no use for them for the rest of the year.
    C. Ventilation with some sort of pest control? Is this possible? What's the best set up to keep cool in the hot summers / optimal in the winter?

I grow organically but am still currently using earth juice nutrients while compost builds and I learn more. Planning to give that all a try when planting outdoor in April. Still figuring out exactly what I want / need in a self serving soil and letting my compost do its work for a few months.

I use a mix of ocean forest and light warrior (3:1) and amend with soft rock phosphate, calcified diatomite and glacial rock dust, some neem cake, dolomite lime and worm castings, throw some earth juice catalyst with great white myco and let it cook.

I propagate my clones in pure light warrior instead of ocean forest, and this has done wonders for the babes.

As for nutrients, I use great white myco on roots and on soil top in large container when transplanting and use it in water once every week or two. earth juice's catalyst to feed my colonies. earth juice seablast grow and bloom (respectively) and toward the end of harvest I switch for their master bloom to cut the nitrogen and watch them blow up. Never had any deficiency or burn. All these are super concentrated so the cost has become negligible considering how little I use ( like 1/4 cup per 50 gallons aerated for a day or two has done amazing 1-2x a week) and has gotten me great results in the time my crazy mind has worked on creating perfect organic soil.

I'd love to hear anything y'all think about any of that! I'm super open to the wisdom and suggestion of others on a good greenhouse setup and anything that would make me less nutrient dependent or would help the girls get big and strong.

<<bless up!>>