1st ever hydro grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pungent, Aug 28, 2007.

1. two questions:

1) I'm in the middle of my first hydroponic grow and as I've been reading I noticed lots of people suggest starving a plant for water at the end of it's flowering cycle when growing in soil to encourage trichome production. Is that even possible with a hydro grow? I would think the roots would have a hard time with no medium and no water... (i'm using a bubbleponic type system)

2) I've also read alot about how trichome production is a defensive response to radiation (light) and I'm wondering how much potency will suffer because I'm using fluorescents. I don't really have a choice given my current tiny grow space, but I wanted to ask anyway. I guess I was looking for some idea of how much potency is a result of genetics and how much is a result of environment. I'm growing with good seeds from a reputable seed bank. Seems like lots of people here use fluorescents with acceptable to good results?

2. guess i'll just compare to what i've been buying when these plants finish:smoking: