1st ever grow. Superskunk clones in tent. Help needed!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Chronicwizard, Sep 12, 2008.

1. #21 jzchillin, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008

An the larger your root system is the larger your BUDS!!!!

Edit: Weed is a weed man, don't panic. This shit will grow in ditches without us tending to them, singing them a lulliby, or petting there beautiful flowers.

2. Thanks for the advice guys. i'm not watering today. I'll see how it goes. The little gals are lookin healthy though i think. They're definately getting bigger and even the little stunted ones are looking more like plants everyday now.

I'll get pics later. I've only just woke up. Time for a cup of tea and doobie snack!! :smoking:

Thanks for checking the grow dudes :wave:

3. #23 BrummieFarmer, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    Okay, surface soil can be kept cooler if you put pebbles or clean gravel on the top. It also oxidises water and helps C02 as it bubbles the water and acts like a filter. You have enuff gravel when you hear a snap crackle an pop effect when you water.
    Don't worry about humidity. And mist only at dark hours. The little yellow spots are nute burns. Even water on its own will give them a kinda sunburn. Like when you go swimming and the heat gets amplified like a magnifying glass effect. I wouldn't flush them. The spots are only cosmetic. They will always stay yellow too. Theyre fine. And your runts will catch up. I have two plants that are exactly the same age and look 4 weeks apart. the rest of em are in-between!

4. Cheers brummie farmer! Well the spots don't seem to be spreading and as i say the little dudes are still growing strong by the looks of things. I might try and put some pebbles on the surface soil. I'm using coco see and I think that dries quicker than regular soil.

The leaves are starting to smell like bud man! I was in the tent this morning and I couldn't get enough of the smell! I can't wait until they bud! :hello:

5. Hey we've all been there! My first grow I couldnt leave them alone! I killed three of em with kindness! Theese are weeds and they are super resillient. Wait till you get into making your own strains. thats what gets me.

6. Haha i think I'm a long way off making my own strains just yet dude! I just want to get to the end of this venture and have some buds to show for it!

Come to think of it does anybody have any idea of how much bud I should be looking at from these superskunks??

7. Ok so here are some pics i've just taken. You can see the runts have started to grow a bit. I've done a close one of the big girls for you and thought I'd throw one of bit of the grow environment in there for you aswell!

Lemme know what you think :smoke:

Attached Files:

8. P.S this is day 15. I've just looked back at the first pics i took on day 1 and i can't believe how much they've grown!

It's sick!!! :hello:

9. Nobodies showing my journal any love today! :mad:

10. lookin good m8 , i hope these superskunk we are growing dont get too STINKY i know its a stinky strain but yeah really stinky grows make me paranoid .

only advice i can think of for you at the moment is not to go mad with the ferts , its the quickest way ever to screw your plants up and many many people over fert and then suffer the consequences .
    like someone said earler the worse thing you can do is love them to death with water and nutes.

11. Did you figure out how long you were going to vegg?

12. my guess is a well grown plant w/a 6 week veg should yield about 3 oz under hps @ 100 watts per plant

or somewhere around there

13. Thanks guys.

Yeah I'm gonna lay off the ferts and try not to water as much. I'm gonna veg for about 2 - 3 more weeks so about 4 - 5 weeks total. Hopefully the runts will catch up, they're looking good today and growing like troopers compared to the last 2 weeks, They've trebled in size over the last 3 days :hello:

I'm gonna let them flower for about 6 weeks. I'll just have to see how they're looking.

I've got 150 watts per plant so they should do just fine on the yield front. If I get 3 ounces per plant I'll be more than happy! 12 ounces of lovely homegrown super skunk between me and my house mate can only bring good things :smoke:

About the smell, I have one of those filters and i'm hoping that will do it's job!

Thanks for the advice. Keep watching. I'll post more pics in a few days! :wave:

14. HELP!!

I've just got home from work and went to check on my plants. they look good except I noticed a tiny bug on one of the leaves of my big plants!

it's absolutely tiny and a pale colour. Does anybody know what it is and how I can get rid of it.

this is a disaster. Please help me!! :eek:

15. take a pic of it. It could be any number of bugs, white fly, symphilids, fungus gnat, spider mite, thrips, caterpillar, cutworm, cabbageworm, or scale?

16. Ima finish this doob and come back with all the pics you need man. They'll be up within 15 mins!

17. Thanks man.

I've got a problem. The camera on my phones is not good enough to spot these little critters. i can't see anymore moving ones because i've already pulled a few off.

However upon closer inspection of the leaves I've noticed a few tiny tiny red dots that aren't moving could they be eggs?

Does anybody know how long it takes for these little fuckers to do serious damage to your grow? i'm not gonna have anytime to go out and buy an insectiside or something to help until the weekend.

Man this sucks balls. This is gonna fuck up my grow aint it!?!?!

Any quick fixes I can find out of my household goods??

Please help!!!!

18. Sorry I can't help you anymore man. I can't see what you've got so my best advise is to read through that thread I gave you.

19. THRIPS!!

There the little buggers giving me this grief! After an entire nights research I finally found out what they were.

Little flying bastards! They're small and pale coloured and they leave silvery deposits on the leaves. There doesnt seem to be loads just yet as far as I can see so hopefully i've got them in time to keep it under control. They've done enough damage for my liking already!!

I've given the tent a good clean with warm water and a couple of spots of bleach. It's spotless now. I've also sprayed the plants with a pest killer I picked up from local gardening centre. it'sgot a chemical in it that begins with P and was recomended in the growers bible and several grow forums. I cant remember the full name but hopefully it will exterminate the little bastards!

Ima get me some sticky traps at the weekend aswell!!!

Anybody else had any trouble with these?

I'll keep y'all updated. Hopefully i didnt shock the plants too much with all this.

Keep your fingers crossed ;)