1st closet grow with 45w LED panel.Would Like some expericenced advice. Lots of Pics!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jpennboyz1, Jan 16, 2010.

1. #1 jpennboyz1, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    This is my first indoor grow and im using a dark box 18"x18"X40" with a 45 watt red blue LED and 2 low watt (reduced heat) CFL's added when the light cycle was changed to 12/12. The plants grew extremely well from seedlings and in the vegetative state with only the 45w LED panel in place on a 24/0 cycle, the panel was great it did not creat heat at all it was relatively cool to the touch. This was a key factor to my setup because the dark box zips up and it is easy for the temperature to raise too high with normal light bulbs in place. I added 2 100w soft white CFL's the first day of the 12/12 cycle and within 20 minutes the temp of the box had reached nearly 100 when it was stable at 76 in the daytime with the LED. I had to use 2 energy saver 13w(60w replacement) which created much less heat than the soft white CFL's. The tallest plant grew to about 26" in the vegetative state which lasted 2 months. There were 4 plants total and i pinched the tops of 2 of them when they were early in the veg state to create the split terminal buds. All went well but about halfway through the flowering stage some of the top fan leaves on all the plants began to turn yellowish and some with brown tips as it progressed. I have harvested 1 of the plants at the moment it is hanging i just want to test out my drying techinique on one before i chop the other 3. The brown and yellow leaf problem is still pregressing on the 3 still growing. If anyone has any suggestions on why you think its happening please let me know if heard its from possibly over watering or buildup/lack of nutrients. ive flushed them and let them dry out before watering again but still no fix. Unfortunately since i am growing with low wattages i think it has cut into my crop yield and frow what im guessing i do not think i will get more than and oz. or so from all four plants.Any tips or suggestions on anyhting you see please let me know im looking to learn.

And to dry them im hanging the full plant(minus the bigger fan leaves) upside down for 3-4 days and them manicuring it and putting it into a jar and opening it every hour for a day and then periodically throughout the next couple of days and do that for about 2 weeks before i try to smoke it because i want this bud to be cured nice since the yield was so little.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. and the last couple pictures were taken using a 100x microscope and putting the camera lens up to the eye hole. little difficult. but it turned out a little better than i expected