1st cfl grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonedturtle, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Hello everyone, This is my first grow. im currently using 4 100 watt cfl's and i have 4 more im gettting ready to use 2 of the 4 are daylight the other are daylight, any comments are welcome

Attached Files:

2. you will need a light tight space when you go to flower them.... no light leaks.. if not, they wont turn out right

3. Are you planning on using CFLs for the entire veg and flower cycles?

You are planning on using 8 Cfls total?

4. im working on building a lightproof cabinet.
    Yes im planning on using at least 8 cfl's is that to few?

5. im not sure if you know but its not good for your roots to be exposed to light i would fix that asap

6. You would get much more efficiency out of your lights if you could rig up some type of reflector. Even a cardboard box painted white above the lights would help direct your light in a more focused fashion. You may need a few more lights, 8 will work but 10-12 would be better.

7. i think you will be fine, with 4 100 watt cfl's just space them right to cover everything, try to build a reflector, or hang the lights upside down to keep the light shining down and not up, and good luck

8. #8 spearingflame03, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    Hey hows it going ? welcome to gc btw...

just wanna add my 2cents..i figured i try to help as much as i can..well..like every1 is saying more is always better.its nice to have those extra lumens...anyways i started out with about 6 42 watts and a couple 26 watts mixture of natural and cool...bt i manage at 1 point to start out with 2 42 watts per plant,bt again this was only for the start.gradually i will increase the watts as the plant gets older.

Now although their cheap and easy to get. The intensity of the light from my experiance is ok bt not as good as a h.i.d light bt eh to each they own..i usually use them for side lighting mostly.but now i just wanna upgrade to a couple 150 hps's

If your sticking to cfls buy the biggest you can..focus the light as much as you can with some sort of reflector material,hell pop cans can even be used..
    N e ways man,lets see some updates...where all here to help..

im baked..

9. ok im covering my "flower pots" with brown paper bags , also im working on some kind of reflector my stoner juices are now flowing.I'm gonna try to use cfl's for bothe vegging and flowering thanks to everyone for advice and pointers you all rock:yay:

10. #10 stonedturtle, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    ok decided to change out of mcdonald's sunday cups and put them where they belong

Attached Files: