1st CFL grow, need some help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kush.420, Mar 25, 2007.

1. We're now on the 10th day of this grow. In the first week 2 lights we're dropped onto the plant because the duct tape holding those lights gave way. there are some minor burns and a little drooping of the leaves.

Grow box design::
    2'x2'x4' box also painted flat white 2 coats
    4, 23 watt/100watt 2,600 lumen day lights
    1, 23 watt/120watt lumens=?? CFL flood light
    Organic choice NPK= 10/5/5 mixed with perlite
    Blood meal NPK = 12/0/0 (Did the math to figure out how much to use)
    2 gal black planter
    intake fan, blows directly onto the plant
    designing a carbon filter with 1 inline fan 80cfm

I have many questions pertaining to indoor growing, 1 being will the light burns on the leaves fade? or will i have to clip the leaves when it's old enough.

What should i be looking for in ferts?

When should i start feeding? (20 days?)

When is the best time to top/fim/lst?

Thank you for your help. it's much needed

Light burns::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thats kinda funny you mentioned that. When i first started growing my plants, I put a 500w industrial lamp up in my closet, totally forgetting about how hot those things get. Well, mine fell on top of a plant, and melted off the siding of the pot. I saw burns on the leaves, but i noticed within a week that they kinda scabbed up and fresh green replaced it.

3. did u end up cutting the leaves off? or did they fully grow back? lol

i still need to know what fertilizer NPK values i should be looking for for veg state.

also when can i start lst, 11th day today.

how early can i start fertilizing, i'm trying to grow a mother just to clone

4. what is your humidity like? If its too low den your plants will start to turn yellow and curl down a bit. Im getting yellow in my plants on the first leaves too i think i gotta get the blood meal cuz i couldnt think of anything else cuz i pretty much got everthing right.:wave:

5. the yellow is from when the 2 lights fell onto the plant. the humidity is very high, 3 open containers of water in a warm area. i am getting a digi temp/humidity meter.

6. The burnt marks on the leaves will not fade, they will need to be cut off.
    You want something high in N for ferts in veg. I recommend fish emulsion since it's completely organic.
    It looks like your soil came with ferts in it. You won't need anymore for atleast a month.
    Top/fim/lst at the 4th node

7. thanks dexorated, the soil had no added ferts, straight up organic with natural ferts. will 5 2600 lumen cfls be good for veging?

8. bump * the organic soil has a npk of 10-5-5, i mixed it with perlite and dried blood(npk 12-0-0)

9. Yeah that will be good for 1 plant

10. i decided to start fresh. I ripped out that beaten down plant and i am now currently re designing my grow closet. I'm torn between building a big box inside of my cloest or just doing up my whole closet. I'm leaning towards building a box because in doing that the ventilation will be easier.

questions::

flat white paint or reflective mylar? or flat white mylar?

carbon scrubber:: I've been designing a carbon scrubber on paper trying to figure out the most efficiant way of doing it. My design is that of at the very top of the box i'm going to put a simple 140mm computer fan (about 6 inches) taking air out of box and forcing it through aluminum dryer hosing that will be about 3ft long then have that feeding into a 80cfm inline fan which will have the scrubber attached. or should i have the filter in the box before this and only use the inline fan to suck air through the filter?

what size pots should i be looking for? rough estimates of the grow box = 5' x 5' x 6 '.

how many plants could i comfortably fit in this box with out lst?

thank you

11. 10th day? is that counting the days after it sprouted? mine sprouted 3 days ago, and it's 2-3x bigger, and i'm using a 13W cfl at the moment (i'm picking up a bigger one this weekend)

and i can't answer any of your questions, sorry, i'm not very knowledgeable on growing

12. for the first week i only had it under a cfl then i moved to two cfl's then i added a spot light, 2 spliteres and 4 cfl's all 23 watts. i also feel that i under watered possibly.. Help with my questions would be nice. I'm going to start having a bunch for outdoors growing aswell, it's getting warm enough now. A little riddle with my outdoor grow. It's outdoors, but indoors. ;) i'm going to attempt a massive scrog for this outdoor grow(massive to me at least) , i'm going to need alot of guidance on that subject, i should've made this a grow journal but oh well. Some specifications as of right now for this outside grow is, it gets sunlight from 8 am to 6:30pm all day with nothing to shade it. it is soooo humid that water droplets formed everywhere.

13. watch that mold son!

14. i just got me one of those marijuana horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible and holy shit information up the wazoo! lol

pic of the screen of green setup (ScrOG) just finished it up today and must say, it's amazing.

plans are to do at least 14, train for a little bit then top/fim and do forced flowering by using a tarp and doing 12 12.

[​IMG]

this picture is of a square dug 2 feet down, it's going to be filled with 2 inches of crushed rock, then 2 inches of cow manurer, then a custom mixture of growing medium.
    the plywood is going to line the walls to prevent root growth into the growing medium.

[​IMG]

15. in the picture of the scrog screen, can u point out the sobe grav cap? lol.

the scrog screening will be tied together, approx how many plants can i minimully train in 6ft x 9ft or 54 sq ft?

fox farms is looking like my fert of choice.

I was reading up on dried blood and read that there is a possibility of madcow, also fert berns during veg growth....so now im debating on if im going to add that into our soil mix.

so the main problem i should watch for in doing scrog is mold?

would ventalation affect that?

ventalation plants:: two triangular boxes positioned to harvest the wind and blow dirrectly ontop of the plants. specs: 1ft x 2 1/2 ft x 1ft

the humiditiy is soo great that the plastic is swetting basically.

how should i watch for mold?

i also am thinking about lady bugs... any opinions?

help would be very ....helpful ;) thanks every1

16. in the picture of the scrog screen, can u point out the sobe grav cap? lol.

the scrog screening will be tied together, approx how many plants can i minimally train in 6ft x 9ft or 54 sq ft?

fox farms is looking like my fert of choice.

I was reading up on dried blood and read that there is a possibility of mad cow, also fert berns during veg growth....so now im debating on if im going to add that into our soil mix.

so the main problem i should watch for in doing scrog is mold?

would ventilation affect that?

ventilation plants:: two triangular boxes positioned to harvest the wind and blow dirrectly on top of the plants. specs: 1ft x 2 1/2 ft x 1ft

the humidity is soo great that the plastic is sweeting basically.

how should i watch for mold?

i also am thinking about lady bugs... any opinions?

help would be very ....helpful ;) thanks every1

17. *bump* sorry for the double post

18. bump. need some help on answers.

updates::

purchased a jiffy mini green house with peat moss disks, 72 disk places.
    promix growing medium.( i need some help on adding nutrients to the soil during seedling growth, i've been reading alot but feed back from people with experience is nice)

15 seeds germinating right now, good old paper towel way, has anyone used emery paper and a match box with a glass of water?

would the temperature drops at night affect the plants?

i also need some advice on mold and how to maintain it also with fungus's

19. bump again lol* i need some helppppp!!! thank you