1st Casualty??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TWTHEREDDRAGON, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I'm afraid I already know the answer to this, but thought best to ask anyways.

Planted 2 seeds the other day at same time - 1 jumped right up but the other has been laying on the ground for the past 3 days. I got to looking really hard and could see that the seed shell looked like it was digging into the ground and had broken the top clean off - so there is a stem - but no leaves....is she a goner or is it possible for leaves to re-sprout? I could see the tiny leaves inside the shell casing on the ground so they are gone for sure.

My other plant shot right off the ground a good bit but has been stunted for the last 3 days because it has the same issue where the shell would not pop off. It looked like it was getting puny - I read to let nature take its course and to leave it alone - but i was afraid and got some tweezers and with the slightest touch knocked the seed casing off. Within a matter of minutes the leaves were starting to unfold so I think this one is going to be okay.

I haven't read much about this problem but both of these seeds came from the Attitude August special Samsara Seeds - and both seemed to have issues with shells coming off. Anyone else got suggestions to keep this from happening? Is my first plant a goner? Thanks

2. I think the first one is done for sure.

All of the fuel (sugar) to begin growing was in those leaves.