1st bagseed micro grow, ghetto set-up

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Hyp, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yeaaaa about those....lol

No but they're in the first week if flower so they've just been slowly developing the bud sites and getting mucho tall...I hope I don't have to transplants again but I might. Really the only thing that's happening is those two pistils at the sites have been growing longer. I'll snap sine pics when I can.

2. i only see the spikes that occur at each growth node,

you will know 100% for sure for sure when you see pistils, they will come out of what will appear to be new growth right near those spikes, usually around node 6 or 7 they will show first,

they wont be little green spikes, nice long white hairs coming out at the new growth, is what you are looking for, they will come in pairs...

3. #63 Hyp, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    ohhhhh, alright, i feel ya.

okay, well those are a little bit harder to photograph with an iphone. i guess my next purchase shall be the cheap radio shack microscope, ey?

Well then Day 41/10
    so, here are some pics:

Speedy:
    [​IMG]

Both:
    [​IMG]

Keys PISTILS FINALLY. you must look really hard into the center of the pic but you will see the two white squiggly lines and those have to be them:
    [​IMG]

Actually, on second thought, i don't think those lines are the pistils but i'm absolutely sure i see them on Key. they are two very long and straight white fiber-like things.

On Speedy however, i see one small white hair deep down in the growth, but i also see some possible circle-ish structures two...guess its really impossible without a microscope...

oh, i also picked up some cheap big bloom fertilizer from wal mart. yes i know, should never get the cheap stuff but i told you this was gonna be ghetto didn't I?? there's even rap music in here, oh no.

Sooo, i guess it'll be a few more days until i know for sure. twould be an absolute tragedy to see speedy become a male, but i guess maybe i can get some hash brownies out of...him *sniff*

so, question: if he is a male, should i immediately use him for cannibutter? or does he have to grow and flower first before there's significant thc?

EDIT: just checked key again and actually those two giant things in the picture are the pistils and the really small squiggly ones are smaller ones! :D

4. I definitely see pistils on Key :D

5. indeed, key is a fine lady

start your wally world nutes at 1/4 recommended strength, and slowly work your way up,

6. hellz to the yizzy. i tried taking close ups of speedy, but my iphone went into "ILLEGAL CONTENT SUSPECTED" mode and was blurrier than a rainy windshield on a sunday. like damn. microscope coming though, def.

7. LOL Apple won't let you take pictures of your weed that's hilarious.

8. No shit. Seriously? I'm looking this up NOW.

9. lol, well nobody knows about it officially yet...but it's there man. i can feel the phone rumble in my hand when i start the photo taking...

10. I hope you're not serious...

11. It is scary. I'm reading about its integration into tvs and dvd/blueray players etc.

Regardless, girls are looking good, keep at it

12. omg for real.... now i am glad my iPhone got stolen, even if it was a $600 ding... if its smart enough to recognize what you are taking pics of then its smart enough to alert someone you were taking those pics....... just my opinion

13. Thanks, dog, coming from you, that's pretty sick. on this grow, i pretty much got lazy with the lst, but next grow is gonna be something else. i'm going to lst like crazy and even try to flavor them. definitely buying some seeds as well.

Actually, that little ghetto cloning chamber plant has shot up too...it's almost touching the cap of the bottle. Maybe I shall do something with that...but if Speedys a dude...then i'm screwed...

man...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKxcybGRbkQ]Kendrick Lamar P&P 1.5 ft Ab-Soul - YouTube[/ame]

14. B
    E
    A
    utiful

[​IMG]

15. #75 Hyp, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    No giant plant pictures today, but i can tell you this.

they some bitchez.

no disrespect. :p found some pistils on speedy. also, i'm making a last ditch attempt at some lst because she's just crazy man, like everyday touching the lights. not cool. gave some pretty intense bloom nutes today, prolly around 1/3 strength cus I want me some budz and 1/4 didn't do too much.

but yeah, i'm happy.

I'm feelin nice so i'll throw in a few giant pics

Day 42/11
    Speedy's not lookin too good man
    [​IMG]

Jay kay. its only those few leaves, all the rest look poy fect. but, hopefully i wont have to chop em all...even though she does need a stemcut...

Here's one of Key and all her glory
    [​IMG]

and her pum pums mon fi di gyal dem...JAHHHHHHH
    [​IMG]

dude key is like perfect in everyway i dont think ill even try and lst anymore, just run ya course mann
    even the clone can get some. hoping for just a nug from that one. or maybe i shall give it to someone who is interested in growing it.hmmm.
    [​IMG]

here's a size comparison for Key:
    [​IMG]

:D

[​IMG]

:D :D

16. lookin nice man

17. #77 Hyp, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    thanks brah

Alright, so it is now...Day 45/14

When the cash comes, I will be buying some molasses and another y splitter to add more lights. School is almost over so i'll probably be spending alot of time in the grow room, maybe build something.

So hopefully were at about the halfway mark. Im seeing pistil development and I'm now starting to see some stuff i prolly should've done differently. For example, i should have lst'd like crazy. Instead, my plants are wild and Key just grows taller...she's like a little kid who you tell not to touch the stove and theyre like "i just wanna see what it feels like!" i dont think i've gone a day without raising my lights. Anyways some pics:

Speedy:

Shitty pic of pistils...damn iphone. need microscope...hey maybe theres a microscope app lol. doubt it.
    Nevermind...i was gonna post the pic, but you couldn't see anything at all.

I've decided to lst speedy a little more. One gigantic disproportional plant is too much already lol. Here's some pics:
    Below:
    [​IMG]

You can see how the main stem is bent to the left and then it is curved up and around the pot towards the right...or can you? Comes out looking something like this:
    [​IMG]

Also can someone tell me whats up with Speedy's leaves? Its very minor, but the outer edges of some of the leaves have been yellowing, drying, and flaking when touched...its very minor buttttt jay dub. I thought maybe it's from underwatering or nute burn. So I BASICALLY flushed her...every night when the lights come on, the soil is always kinda dry anyways so i good watering couldn't hurt right? But yea anyone know what thats from?
    [​IMG]

Kay, now for the monster...
    [​IMG]

Dunno why my phone loves Key's pistils but not Speedys...givin Keys are a bit longer and thicker but Speedys are still visible.

The node below:
    [​IMG]

Hoping this top will produce the entire plant's yield lol. Just a plant with a giant ouncer nug in the middle

Used to play basketball in highschool...
    [​IMG]

Seriously the height differences just make me slap myself in the face lol.
    [​IMG]

Oh well....hopefully the new lights will make it bright enough so that it wont really matter...

18. #78 Hyp, Apr 27, 2012
    sooo much stuff to do. tomorrow is the last day of class and i must write a journalism essay...

so what do i do?

the screen of green! :p

[​IMG]

you may be able to see that less than half of key is ScrOG-ing. that's because i didn't want to force that giant tree trunk under...wondering if i should go ahead and put key completely under it...i'll probably leave her like that. also my closet looks a tad less ghetto and cluttered!

hooray procrastination

19. #79 Hyp, Apr 27, 2012
    final set up

[​IMG]

not too much with the camera but i'm starting to notice that i can count out the different bud sites by their lighter color. just something i've noticed on other grows and couldn't wait til i could do it with mine! i've got about 13 between the two plants! should be a decent amount of flowers, yes?

20. lookin good man,

you will be surprised how many bud sites show up, they like to grow for a little while still, even while producing flowers,