1st bagseed micro grow, ghetto set-up

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Hyp, Mar 17, 2012.

1. If its male, you can either breed the pair or chop him for edibles.
    You DONT want them in the same grow space if you just want bud as he`ll polinate you girl.

2. Yeah I'm defintely quarantining him if he's a he god forbid!

Should I chop as soon as I find out or should I try and let him mature in a different area?

3. You can move him if ya wanna eat him.
    Just google male cannabis uses ;)

4. Towards the end of

DAY 11
    I believe.

[​IMG]

So I tried transplanting it to a bigger pot. I think I failed miserably. I watered, but turns out a rum bottle isn't an ideal container, lol. Facepalm.

First off, it's clear so I really wanted to transplant soon anyways. Secondly, my plant was situated near the edge so I couldn't just flip it over...anyways, I think I took off some of the roots...I guess we';; know tomorrow. =/

The other two are doing fine though. =D

5. Aaaaalllright well my schedule has been pretty hectic lately. Yep. Sunny, the windowsill grow is sagging pretty sadly right now. Why? Dunno. Maybe the gnats from the neighboring plants finally got to her...hope not though! Ill water her at sun up and see what happens.

Now the indoors. Speedy, after the transplant seems to be slowly adapting. Hopefully I didnt scare her too bad. As for the other? The leaves are turning a tad yellow. Felt the soil and it was pretty dry so I'm fairly sure it's not that...i'll check soon.

Some pics:

Speedy DAY 12
    [​IMG]

Speedy DAY 13
    [​IMG]

DAY 13 (notice yellowing)
    [​IMG]

6. Alright so we're in the middle of day 15 now. I started LSTing on Speedy a couple days ago and it looks good so far in my opinion. I can see the new growths starting along the stem pretty nicely. Also, the stem is stronger than I thought! I was really careful with it when bending and it gave me no problems really. Heres a pic.

DAY 15

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But yeah the others are still moving slowly but surely. I guess my plan is to grow until I see a female. If Speedy isn't a female, chop and beef up the lighting on the other indoor one...I would buy more lightbulbs but too much stuff to pay for coming up in April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wow that photo's a pos^ lmao

7. Day 17.

5 bladed leaves. Nuff said lol. I gave her a few specks of high nitrogen nutes because she's been good.

Attached Files:

8. What a nice indica. Beautiful.

9. Why thank you sir =)

Lol So I just realized that my third set of leaves actually has 4 leaves...no sign of the fifth if there's supposed to be...

Attached Files:

10. It's Day 20 people and so far so good I think/hope/guess/please. I'm so tempted to just throw these babes into flower right now before anything bad has a chance to happen to them, lol, buuuut, i'll just let it ride out for now. Anyways, here are some pics:

Speedy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

some lst footage
    [​IMG]

from above
    [​IMG]

Speedy's neighbor:
    [​IMG]

aaaaand last but not least, Sunny, the window sitter. It might just be me but I swear Sunny smells the strongest of them all.
    [​IMG]

11. AWESOME grow, i got a guerilla grow right now. 30+ sprouts :D lol. anyway how do you sub to a thread i wanna sub to this.

12. Sorry to say this but I just scrapped the entire grow. I'm pretty pissed. I was reading about training methods and came across this thing called "Extreme Stress Training" which basically involves breaking all the branches and heating them so that they will speed up what photosynthetic processes they have left and grow very bulbous and majestic stems and subsequently, buds.

I realized all too late that it was a scam, probably from my neighbor who is completely anti-drug.

13. well damn Hyp

u should have done 1 plant

14. Wow, I'm sorry to hear you scrapped your grow. I was enjoying your posts and progress. Any plans for another grow in the near future?

15. Yeah I definitely should have at least kept one plant but...eh. I do want to start another, but I'll probably order the seeds online or something.

Anyways we're towards the end of DAY 21 here and I've started rotating the plants so that the smaller shoots can get some more light. Do work

[​IMG]

Shit just noticed the gnats are still present...damn stoner gnats...

[​IMG]

16. It has been quite a while since the last update. Not too much has been happening except that I gave them all a good feed of nutes yesterday and they're definitely growing. I picked up a soil testing kit today so I can find out the ph and levels of nitrogen, potash, and phosphorous so that should help me go in the right direction.

DAY 26 will begin in about 3 hours. Here are some pics from mid DAY 25

Speedy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes the top leaf is burned by the light. Accidently grew too close for a few hours =(
    Speedy's cuz:
    [​IMG]

and Sunny:
    [​IMG]

Sunny is still smelling very dank-ish. I'll give her another week or two until the smell starts to get to be too much for my room probably.

Also, in an attempt to determine sex early, I cut off one of the lower leaves of Speedy, stripped the stem and placed the root in a glass of water and nutes on 12/12. I need rockwool though but I can't find it anywhere...for now, the cutting is just sitting on top of some paper with a hole in it and the root submerged...ghetto as it gets lol

17. Ladies and gents...I think we have a female! Not sure though...any other opinions?

[​IMG]

Anyways it's Day 28 now! Thinking of flowering soon...only problem is I don't have a flowering chamber...I think I might set something up in my bathroom...or I might just flower both of them. Not sure what sex the other is yet though so I might just keep them veg-ing until I do.

Speedy...the girl =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaaand the other...I guess I should find a name for it/her/him/idkyet. I'll call it Key.

So here's Key.

[​IMG]

Anyone have any suggestions? This is my first grow so I really am not looking to have the crop of the nation, I just want to do the basics first, run through it, so I'm really considering flowering soon!

18. Are you growing under that white shelf? I would raise it up hang a power strip w/ Y connectors w/ 6 26w 2700k cfls and us a White cardboard project board to inclose.

19. looking good man i hope mine grow tht fast

20. your grow gives me hope, as i am thinking of also doing a ghetto bagseed grow.i hope your grow is a success. I am a bit of a noobie here but it seems to be that your plant that is only getting sun from the window needs much more light.best of luck, i will be following.