1st Bagseed Grow, Lighting Questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aj69420g, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Hello I am a medical patient, and I am experimenting with my first bagseed grow. I have enjoyed reading the beginner stickys, and i have my ph balance correct along with proper nutrients. I still have some questions im hoping someone can answer.

I'm running a 400W HPS Light w/ Ballast (HTGSupply!). I read that fluorescent lights are best for sapling stage when they first sprout because they are so prone to heat. Now i have a 400w Metal Halide conversion bulb, would that be better than my 400w HPS Bulb? I mean until they start to flower a bit. the plants are about 5 Feet from the light and im running it about 24hrs

Now my next issue, its being done kinda near outside so the HPS light is keeping the grow area at about 74-76 degrees with about 75% humidity. So i kinda need the heat to prevent the temperature from drastically dropping..

Will the MH Light provide the same heat?

should i use the blue MH Light on 24/7 and find another way to keep the temperature and humidity controlled?

Is my 400w HPS overkill on my 3 saplings?

sorry no pix yet ill get some soon!

Thanks for reading and helping :)

2. Hi there,

You definitely want to use the halide right now, and don't worry that baby will crank out plenty of heat. Just make sure your clone has an established root system before blasting it will all that light (it's probably alright).

The HPS is for the flower stage, you are still several weeks from that.

Hope this helps!

3. Ah yes it does! i switched from my HPS to my MH about 6 hours ago and the sprouts already have blossomed with 4 leaves 2 serrated. i jury rigged a few computer fans to give a nice slow breeze. heres some pix of my setup and babys..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]