1st attempt at growing  

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by iGenocidee, Oct 16, 2009.

1. #1 iGenocidee, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    I germinated these select seed about 4-5 days ago and they were transplanted into pots after only 3 days of germination it's been about 3 days since I planted the seeds and this is what they look like now.

[IMG=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2130/img1730m.th.jpg][/IMG]
    [IMG=http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6733/img1728.th.jpg][/IMG]

I have 2 CFL's above the 2 pots where the plants using Miracle Gro potting mix until a little later in stage then moving to Fox Farms Ocean Forest which has already been purchased by a friend who is also growing. How's it look? Any tips?

2. nice dude what strains?

3. That is a large pot (relative to the seedling) and that soil looks really wet.

With such a small plant it won't be able to process all that sopping wet soil. Resulting in your roots drowning.

Back off on the watering to once every 1-2 days. Use your own discretion.

Check out my blog post on influencing gender of seedlings!

Good luck! :D

4. My experience with Miracle Grow was a bad one. I would suggest changing to a growing media that does not have time released nutrients. (Non-Miracle Grow).

Good Luck.
    B.

5. [quote name='"bnice"']My experience with Miracle Grow was a bad one. I would suggest changing to a growing media that does not have time released nutrients. (Non-Miracle Grow).

Good Luck.
    B.[/quote]

Thanks, and actually a few weeks into the grow we swapped out for Fox Farms organic. We had issues with a fungus forming from the miracle grow on the top of the soil. Sadly though I had to abandon this grow quite some time ago and I haven't updated since. We got all the way to 12 on, 12 off and the grow box colapsed and the bulbs burned up the plants pretty bad. I tried to save them and had it going good until the problem occured again. Am actually doing 2 diff grow ops now and will starting a thread. Should be more interesting as I'm far more experienced now. So expect full details in the near future. Thanks for posting and hope everyones plants are doing wonderful.

Happy growing!