1rst hydro grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by xDEBOYx, Mar 24, 2012.

1. What I have learned is. Colloidal Silver is an effort to produce feminized seeds.

Are you planning in making seeds ?

ZS

2. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']

What I have learned is. Colloidal Silver is an effort to produce feminized seeds.

Are you planning in making seeds ?

ZS[/quote]

Yes. I'm wanting to make all female seeds. Then when I get some autoflower seeds I'm gonna try to get shit load of autoflower female seeds is my goal.. just need to know if I can smoke the rest of the plant if its not sprayed with the silver.

3. The answer will be no.

You don't want to smoke a plant that have been sprayed with CS.

Can I ask you why do you want so much AutoFlower ? Usually Autoflower are Low in Yield and THC !

ZS

4. #44 xDEBOYx, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']The answer will be no.

You don't want to smoke a plant that have been sprayed with CS.

Can I ask you why do you want so much AutoFlower ? Usually Autoflower are Low in Yield and THC !

ZS[/quote]

So I was doing some more research and I found where they said if you cover all the branches but the ones you want to spray then they are fine to use.

So this is what I did

ForumRunner_20120430_222408.png

The reason.. I'm getting 3/4oz off what I'm doing now. Limited space. Less space now since I stared the dro. I'm under a 600w hps in the flower. Some floros in a closet for veg. I may even have less yield now. Not sure (1st dro grow like title says) LOL.. I figured the autos would be a faster flip. The strains that I'm gonna get say I can get what I get now +. The thc is the same or a little more than what I ve got now..

plus I'm getting flustered with clones. I get some but not what I need to keep rolling.. most of them don't make it. :'(

5. Don't know about FF nutes, have run Canna, and am currently trying CYCO. Burned the shit out of mine right at first when I ran 1000tds, lowered to 700 with 5.8ph and seem to be doing alright. Take the advice to start a little lower and work it up.. I just went with what was listed, and what I used with Canna and should have started slower... live and learn :) Good luck, nice looking setup, had made and used something similar before and worked awesome, getting ready to make another one using 10"pvc pipe so roots don't get so bunched up and give them more room.

6. Your girls will respond quickly to any signs of burn using fox farm it's better to use lower ppm any day compared to using high I mean during my veggie on my dwcs I'm shooting to stay under 600ppm so for me in a 3.5 gallon bucket that's 1ml of root drench, cal-mag, & kangaroo and 1/2 tbsp of big grow & a full tbsp of plant food
    But my water is hard at ppm of 227 out the faucet

7. [quote name='"holyreefer"']Your girls will respond quickly to any signs of burn using fox farm it's better to use lower ppm any day compared to using high I mean during my veggie on my dwcs I'm shooting to stay under 600ppm so for me in a 3.5 gallon bucket that's 1ml of root drench, cal-mag, & kangaroo and 1/2 tbsp of big grow & a full tbsp of plant food
    But my water is hard at ppm of 227 out the faucet[/quote]

Thanks...not really even looking at the ppm to be honest. My baby's are doing alot better than they have in soil. Nice and green steams and no nute burn. Putting like 1tsp to 1 1/2 tsp. Of Cal mag, tiger and micro. They look real good. The ppm is high but they are doing good. Just been keeping the Ph around 6-6.5.

I've been spraying cs on a plant for close to 2 weeks. The buds are still forming. No male parts. The hairs are alot smaller than normal. No sure when I should stop spraying her or if she is gonna flip to some male sacks or not. Got my auto seeds but didn't want to plant them until I see this work for my own eyes.. is what i described suppose to be happening?

8. Nice little set up u got there!

9. [quote name='"aceb4u"']Nice little set up u got there![/QUOTE]

Thanks..

10. Well not sure if I did something wrong but I wasn't able to get the cs to work. I sprayed it 2-3x a day for over 3 weeks. The hairs didn't grow very much at all the the sisters. But no male sacks....idk ill try again I guess... Do I need to clean off the leaves at all? There was a little bit of a build up..

11. Never used a PPM meter. Never had a problem.

Seems like just a way to make money of the growing Hydro market honestly..

Your PPM goes up as you Put shit in.

By the time your starting flowering your putting in a bunch more nutrients logically it makes sense that PPM goes up cause of added Material to the water as you grow cause you add more as you go.

I own a PPM meter and NEVER use it. Waste of money imo

12. [quote name='"I Grow Dro"']Never used a PPM meter. Never had a problem.

Seems like just a way to make money of the growing Hydro market honestly..

Your PPM goes up as you Put shit in.

By the time your starting flowering your putting in a bunch more nutrients logically it makes sense that PPM goes up cause of added Material to the water as you grow cause you add more as you go.

I own a PPM meter and NEVER use it. Waste of money imo[/quote]

Haven't used mine in a month. I figured out if you go by the bottle for young plants the ppm is higher than what people say it should be. So no ppm meter used here. Just the trusty Ph meter..

13. Yea it seems the bottles suggest more usage so you purchase more product frequently

14. I seem to use like 1 1/2 tsp and they are doing fine.

Just need to figure out the c.s. want to get some pollen from a female plant so I can breed for some autos. I got diesel and pineapple express autos. just don't want to plant them until I figure out what I did wrong..

I sprayed a whole plant for about 4 weeks. 3-4 times a day. From when I put her into flower. Didn't see any male sacks growing at all. The hairs seemed to shrink up a little bit but that was all.

Do I start spraying them as soon as they are put in flower or wait to see when she starts to flower?

Another question I have is do I need to rinse the plant at all, after a few times of spraying the c.s. on the plant?

Also do you check the water with a regular ppm meter?

I checked the stuff I got from the store that was marked 30ppm. My meter said it was 20. I Cal the meter before so I know it was reading right.. I get mine up to 25-28ppm.. according to my meter anyways..

Any help would be great....

15. Here are some updated pics of the ones in the beginning of my post. They all grew up.. the ones in the center are really stretched out I know. They were right out of clone with a week or 2 of veg. The light was already up cuz of the other plants.. oh well. Looks like they are done growing now.. bringing up some bud now on them...

ForumRunner_20120530_221812.png

ForumRunner_20120530_221857.png

ForumRunner_20120530_221936.png

16. ??????????

17. Great job dude! Keep it up.. I'm subbed. :hello::smoke:

18. [quote name='"Genesis1"']

Great job dude! Keep it up.. I'm subbed. :hello::smoke:[/quote]

Thank you. Ill have some pics of my first harvest. It should me next week

19. Bout to cut down my first plants. I have a question. The flora klean says to run a fresh res with it for 2 -3days before. Will that hurt the other plants that are not ready to get harvested? Thanks

20. [quote name='"xDEBOYx"']Bout to cut down my first plants. I have a question. The flora klean says to run a fresh res with it for 2 -3days before. Will that hurt the other plants that are not ready to get harvested? Thanks[/quote]

Nah. They will be fine.