1rst hydro grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by xDEBOYx, Mar 24, 2012.

1. try some frozen water bottles change em out twice a day. depending on how big your res is you can go from gal to 20oz bottles.

2. I was thinking something like that..some ice packs. But the bottles will work. Might do some thing smaller. I only running my res @ 3gals. Thanks

3. must have been baked :bongin:

4. Here is some pics of my big set up.

ForumRunner_20120417_185132.png

Its more stable with the center legs!

ForumRunner_20120417_185221.png

I'm screwing on some rubber to cover any holes that may be open in the future. I was thinking about using a 5gal bucket for my res. is that a good idea? if I remember right the rails hold like 5-6 them self. Or should I just get a 18gal tote?

5. I'm so happy. I got my tds meter today. I was kinda glad I added some stuff wrong. I thought it was around 1600ppm. Which seems kinda high. The meter says it is 1425ppm. Is that gonna be ok? Its only started into week 3. Plants seem to be ok. Also how long be for plants show signs of nute burn in hydro? I know sometime in soil it would only take 3-4days.

6. I also use fox farms entire line
    The feeding charts use way too much product.
    I use it to know which week I should be looking to use the microbrew and root drench

When I was using the chart dose for dose not only was I running out of nutes hell of quick but I was also burning my girls with ppms of like 2300 plus

Then I got on track from my dwcs I wouldn't probably go over 100-1200 ppm during flower and I would shoot to have my veggie 500-600ppm range that what worked for me.
    And your new ones (clones, seedlings) to say 200-500

AGAIN this is just my 2 cents
    I had a kiwi skunk produce almost 2.5 oz's at the highest ppm at 887
    So it's the strain and you making the decision based upon how they react for ppms

7. [quote name='"holyreefer"']I also use fox farms entire line
    The feeding charts use way too much product.
    I use it to know which week I should be looking to use the microbrew and root drench

When I was using the chart dose for dose not only was I running out of nutes hell of quick but I was also burning my girls with ppms of like 2300 plus

Then I got on track from my dwcs I wouldn't probably go over 100-1200 ppm during flower and I would shoot to have my veggie 500-600ppm range that what worked for me.
    And your new ones (clones, seedlings) to say 200-500

AGAIN this is just my 2 cents
    I had a kiwi skunk produce almost 2.5 oz's at the highest ppm at 887
    So it's the strain and you making the decision based upon how they react for ppms[/quote]

Hey thanks for some info. How long would it take to show up if.img burning them?

8. Don't use icepacks cause they will tend to break open. Just what i've heard. Shiz 16oz bottles would work great for 3gals

9. [quote name='"xDEBOYx"']

Hey thanks for some info. How long would it take to show up if.img burning them?[/quote]

You will notice a day or so after you've made your nute changes
    And for me it equaled a stunted growth and lower yields

10. [quote name='"xDEBOYx"']

Hey thanks for some info. How long would it take to show up if.img burning them?[/quote]

For me it was studded growth and lower yields
    A couple of signs in veggie is no notice in growth and in my flower stage I noticed my buds were not growing daily anymore
    Also the leaves, roots
    If you are paying enough attention to them they will respond and you will notice when they like something verses not liking it

11. [quote name='"xDEBOYx"']

So its a little warm. Not sure now I can lower the temp. I haven't installed my AC yet. But if I lower the temp in the room it should lower that water,correct? the water is cooler than the room temp..[/quote]

I was doing the ice bottle exchange thing for awhile but it got to be a massive burden after a few days. I ended up installing a six inch cooling fan in the lid of my nute tank, I installed a 2" pipe in the other end and drilled a 2" hole in the floor of my grow room to take cooler air from under my house, the 2" pipe through the floor and into the lid of my tank is the cold air intake. Now my nutes stay at a constant 67 degrees. It's the same temp all day and night. Before I did this I was getting a lot of algae, now I have zero and my roots are a beautiful white. You could do the same without going through the floor, it would help if you could find a cool source of air, maybe through a window? Good luck!

12. I think once I get the AC in the window it'll bring the temp down. It is at room temp. So once I get that lower it should be good. If not I'll try whatever I need to lower it..

13. [quote name='"xDEBOYx"']I think once I get the AC in the window it'll bring the temp down. It is at room temp. So once I get that lower it should be good. If not I'll try whatever I need to lower it..[/quote]

It would be great if you could keep the nute temps below 70 and the ambient temp a little higher, that's why I vented mine. I'm working on a passive design that uses a two inch vent pipe in place of the fan, when my light heats up the two inch exhaust pipe that sticks up above the plants it creates airflow through the tank by convection. I'm using the same design in my NFT tubes to oxygenate the roots, the exhaust tubes heat up with the light pulling fresh air through a vent on the other end of the tubes. Two days after I installed this my roots had grown thousands of additional hairs and my plants stood up noticeably.

14. So far I only need to change out once a day. I'm using 24oz bottles. It drops it to 68

15. Well I set up the big boy today.. it looks funny cuz I have a big plant in there.. so when I use something to flush my system, itll be FloraKleen do I run it before I change my res? Then change it out. Or do I change it then add the FloraKleen and nutes? Or just fresh water, FloraKleen. Run it then change it again..

16. Nice Set up !

Is it a NFT or Aeroponic/Fogponics ?

17. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']Nice Set up !

Is it a NFT or Aeroponic/Fogponics ?[/quote]

Not sure..lol. I think a mix. I have air stones in my res. It pumps up to the rail that is like flood and drain back to res

18. NFT ! it is ! You will do good. Just focus in keeping that water HIGHLY OXYGENATED and they will say a big "Thank You with her BUDS"

Good Luck and Happy Growing Season

I'll be watching from time to time !

Peace

ZS

19. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']NFT ! it is ! You will do good. Just focus in keeping that water HIGHLY OXYGENATED and they will say a big "Thank You with her BUDS"

Good Luck and Happy Growing Season

I'll be watching from time to time !

Peace

ZS[/quote]

Thank you sir.. not sure if.anyone can answer me here but when you spray collidar silver they say you don't want to smoke the bud after. My q is if I spray one branch and nothing else is the whole plant not smokeable or just what i spary