1lb per week. need some help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by EastBayMistMan, Sep 6, 2007.

1. i want to grow a pound a week. i would like to keep start up costs under 500. i am going to go soil. i want to know the least number of plants i can do this with since in my county the more you have the more fucked you are. i would like to get a lb out every week for 12 weeks. also can i do this under a 450w light. please help.

2. im not the one who should be commenting on a post like this, but start at the bottom and work your way up to a lb. a week.

If the first thing your concerned about is getting a LB a week--to me that seems alittle backwards, you got a ways to go, 500$ also seems a bit shy..

regardless, you would need several rooms dedicated to your grow to pull a LB a week

3. this isnt my first grow for one. and a 1lb per week isnt that much. i dont need several rooms i need one and i have one. its not going to be some mass op. its just a lb i know people on here that grow 12 to 15 a month. i just need some help getting started and the best way to do it

4. not to be mean or anything ..
    but your an idiot

5. why am i an idiot. this place is here to get tips and get help on this i asked a question i needed help on.

6. ^

after using the search button

7. to make money you have to spend money. ill leave it at that

8. If you want to pull a pound a week consistenly for 12 weeks you will need a seperate clone room I garuntee you that much

Tell me how you could do that with one room....anyone...

If you dont clone, you will not pull 1 pound a week consistently for 12 weeks. simple as that, sorry to sound so repetitive.

9. i know ii need a seprate space for the mother plants. but that onlyneeds to be 36in tall and be able to fit 2 plants. they only need to veg off a few cfls and they will be fine. i dont need to buy ac the room has ac already. i have a carbon scrubber that will work fine to pull the oders out. i have all my ferts from my last grow already. so all i needs is lights some decent fans and plants. so thats what i need to know. what size light how and how many plants will i need.

10. you'd need roughly 180 plants flowrfing at any given time. 20 plants per week on a 8 week flower cycle strait from rooted clone. proly 12-16 mother plants to provide you enogh clones weekly (taking cuttings from half every other week) and at least 4,400W of light to produce it that fast.

I'd say tht would be the min if you know what your doing (and if you DO know what your doing, you should have a basic idea of this anyway :p )

11. I've seen big rooms that just get over a lb. A pound every week means you need 8 tents thats will fit in your room. Just grow some and be happy with whatever you pull off. Maybe more or maybe less. Mrgoodstuff had his shit together and he got 1 or 2 lbs off a nice setup.:smoking:

12. Alright man if you are for real this is how to do it.....:D

SOG under 4-1000 watt HPS's
    This will be "Factory Style" Grow Op.
    avg. 7 grams dried per plant
    64 plants harvested per week to do this...this Will assure you 1 Lb per week some times more
    9 week strain means
    576 plants ......If ya' wanna "Play with the Big Boyz"....lose the "A few plants" mentality
    you will need to take 100 clones a week
    You can't do it with "A few plants in a room " :D :wave:

13. oh, come on! he should be able to get 12-16oz off 20 plants! (if he's good at it) though 64 plants would definatly shorten the grow cycle needed.. haha

14. [quote name='mordgrow']oh, come on! he should be able to get 12-16oz off 20 plants!
    Hell ya' he could but in a Bigger space....I was thinkin' "Small and Fast" ;)

(if he's good at it)
    Would he be askin' us if he was? :rolleyes:

though 64 plants would definatly shorten the grow cycle needed.. haha

15. I would say this guy is full of shit. The space you would need for all of that would have to be a whole house. Temps would reach nearly 90 degrees and central air would not be sufficient. You are obviously a noob. Do your research and figure a way not to be an idiot.

16. No need for name-calling folks...

There are many ways to skin this cat, but they all involve staggered harvests in order to get a pound a week for 12 weeks. SOG would do it with lots and lots of small plants, or harvesting as few as 3-4 plants a week could do it if those plants were allowed to veg out and you used LST and topping/fimming. But even trying to do it with the fewest plants possible means a minimum of say 48 plants. Those are good-sized plants in good-sized pots.

To light that many plants I would recommend at least 6 x 600w or else 4 x 1000w.

Your need to harvest so much in such a short timeframe is really pushing up your overall floor space requirements and lighting/supplies needs. You would be much better off to spread your yield out over time so that you could grow more than one wave under fewer lights and in the same room. Conversely, if you are going to be setting up such a large op, then I suggest not staggering the harvests. You don't save on space or resources, you just extend the total length of your running the grow op. Instead you could just do all 48 plants at once, harvest all 12 pounds after 9 weeks or so of flower and shut the op down as soon as possible.

17. hahah buddy you dont know what your talking about just admit you have no idea what your talking about and have never grown before

18. Shit man, by the title of your thread, I thought you SMOKE a pound a week...and needed some help...I was gonna reccomend the Hazelden Clinic.:p

19. [quote name='Purple-Urple']I would say this guy is full of shit.
    This maybe true
    The space you would need for all of that would have to be a whole house.
    A 5x20 area is not a Whole house...thats all it would take :)
    Temps would reach nearly 90 degrees and central air would not be sufficient.
    A 16,000 BTU A/C unit would do it
    You are obviously a noob.
    Do your research and figure a way not to be an idiot

20. I'd personally go with larger plants, smaller numbers, flower them all at once. If you're doing a hydro setup, maybe dwc you could easily get 2-4oz a plant with some top/fim or even scrog.

Just like the hoes down on 2nd ave... hit it and quit it. No point in staggering it out if you have a set goal you wanna grow.