1KW 4x4 Tent smartpot set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Killa Watt, Mar 21, 2015.

1. #1 Killa Watt, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    What's good everyone

Need some opinion for smartpot sizes for my 4x4 set up

4x4 tent
    1000w hotliux super blue
    1000w sunmaster mh

was thinking 16 3 gallons or 9 5 gal or 6 7 gals

leaning toward the 16 3 gals but was wondering if anybody had experience with 5s or yield of 3 vs 5 gal

thanks everyone

edit: strains: OGK, super silver, amnesia haze, ww, northern lights
    going to leave them all untopped

2. I have a 5x5.. I mainline.. I yeild roughly 3.5lbs in their with supplemented led lighting ontop of the 1000w HPs..6 plants... I use 7gal pots . HF with GO box nutes and distilled water... No pH problems .. No ppms problems .. No light problems.. As long as I don't over water in seedling stage I'm good... 4x4 with a 1k bulb will be hot but run it sealed with a co2 bag and it will flourish.. Make sure you LST or mainline or they will blow out the roof lol... More plants doesn't equal more bud .. Just means more upkeep in exchange for more strains

3. #3 Killa Watt, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    Sweet I'll try mainlining six 7 gals. Thanks bro this helps a lot. Definitely good for indicas. In your experience does mainlining work for sativas too? 

edit: I'm planning to put a big block of dry ice every 4 days just for shits. the co2 and cooling power are bi winning

4. a 5x5 lite in a 4x 4 tent so you got that covered, smart pots go for a 1x us gallon per month the plant is with you 
    look to your heat extraction and keep a lil fan in there plants breath too

3 gallon pot is good for 3 months ...6 gallon for 6 months 

good luck