Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DBTrocks, Jul 10, 2006.

1. After reading 1984, I have become very disturbed concerning the steps the Bush administration is taking to keep us "protected." They are tracking every citizen's phone records and attempting to overlook all of our google searches which leads me to ask all of you members of the Grasscity community-what next? Will they continue making progress "protecting" us until I wake up one day with complete surveillance of my home and without not just freedom of speech but freedom of thought? The only way ordinary citizens can make a difference is by caring about what their government is doing or this world will not be a place of open opinions yet a place of eternal tragedy and dischord.

2. George Orwell was more correct in his novel than he could possibly have imagined. Doublethink, Doublespeak, The Ministry of Truth and The Ministry of Peace are all alive and well in our world.

So is Big Brother and Goldstein

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength​

This goes much deeper than you can possibly imagine.

check out a few of these sites and articles if you're interested;

http://www.prisonplanet.com/

http://100777.com/node/91

http://educate-yourself.org/nwo/

3. War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength​

These three very simple sentences perfectly describe the state of the world today, and even though I am just one man I will try to halt the current travesty that the world has become by encouraging people to educate themselves concerning their state of affairs that surround them. I believe education through freedom of own personal thought is the way to righteousness. Thank you Rasta man for giving links towards informative websites for GC surfers.

4. big brother(Bush) is (always)watching.. I fear that's how the world is gunna be

Personally, I'd rather live with a little bit of realistic fear in my life then have my phones tapped, cameras and everything else. I wanna be able to talk on the phone or go online and not have to worry about whether or not the police are gunna come breaking through my front door because they were listening "for my safety"

V for Vendetta (the movie)reminded me somewhat of the Bush administration

"One thing is true of all governments - their most reliable records are tax records."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

5. I'm a Canadian and it's terrifying to see the express americanization occuring in my country.

Education is the only thing that can preserve our freedom.

6. I think you might be interested in www.freedomainradio.com

Try also www.adventuresinlegalland.com

7. It's funny that you mention education considering public school education is where most people get there view of government as virtuas.

8. Thanks for the links. I just read the excerpts from the 2nd one;it was very entertaining.

9. americanization?

10. Then we need to educate outside that system, of course that will lead to the defense of the officiality of the knowledge.
    Its all following a formula, to keep those that follow still blind.
    a formula we HAVE TO break, before we loose all of our rights.

I wasnt suprised to find out calls are being tapped.
    Im sure we dont know half the filth they roll around in.
    I honestly dont think they care anymore past their own well being.

If i where to blame someone, i would blame myself.
    I should be doing more. Its time for a change.

all this administation has done is "protect" us.

~N~

edit: so i dont seem like im trying steal the thread, orwell had it down pretty close.

11. Not technically a word, I know.

The ongoing Homoginization of our culture, media, ideals, etc.

Lots more violent crime, lots more fear mongering, the 'home grown terrorists' for example and the ensuing media frenzy.

Our shift to a conversvative very Bush-friendly government and Prime Minister who decided to increase deficeit by increasing our military expensitures by 15 billion dollars (alot for a country of 30 million), and decided to send 8,000 Canadian Soldiers to go fight America's mess in Afghanistan, which few people support. recently, there has been alot of concern that the Prime Minister's speech in the international community are not reflective of the Canadian view as strict peacekeepers.

Gearing up to get us scared into sacraficing our liberties for so-called security.

12. <TABLE cellSpacing=5><TBODY><TR><TD>A·mer·i·can·ize ([​IMG]-m[​IMG]r[​IMG][​IMG]-k[​IMG]-n[​IMG]z[​IMG]) v. A·mer·i·can·ized, A·mer·i·can·iz·ing, A·mer·i·can·iz·es
    v.tr. 1. To make American in form, style, or character.
    2. To absorb or assimilate into American culture.
    3. To bring under American influence or control.

v.intr. To become American, as in spirit.

<HR class=hmshort align=left>A·mer[​IMG]i·can·i·za[​IMG]tion (-k[​IMG]-n[​IMG]-z[​IMG][​IMG]sh[​IMG]n) n.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. simply dismissing -- or demonizing -- globalization as mere Americanization is

misleading. Globalization has the ability to alter much more than just the movies or

food consumed by a society. And the results can be powerfully positive, devastatingly

negative, or (more often) something in between.

http://globalization.about.com/od/greatarticles/a/amzgz.htm

14. Well 'Microsoft Word' doesn't think it's a world... well then again, it IS microsoft.

You're right, my choice of words was misleading.

My bad.

15. they are! that's why they do the things they do.

all the survelance in the world doesn't scare me... apparantly we've been watched and listened to for um..... since the beggining of time.

big brother better be aware that big daddy is watching them!

its a big universe, and a small one. :)

... and belief is not a requisit.

ALL of humanity is waking up, despite the efforts of media hypnotism. the truth is not "out there" as the x-files claims... it's within. :)

- oh, and i echo the cry for you all to visit http://www.educate-yourself.org download as much as you can to your flash drive or mp3 player... you might just need it one day.