1984 is Here

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by fAKdded, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Greetings Key2gb,

You state this as a question, though continue on with it as if it were a statement. Firstly, I did not mention "consciousness" once.

Secondly, Brave New World deals with emotions, not conciousness, (maybe except with Soma, but, i was refer to rather the social implications)

What do you mean by "open" -- do you refer to credulity, to naievity? or perhaps your concept of an "open mind" is one that happens to agree with your personal worldview.

Why is love an admirable trait? Arguably, many socioeconomic problems come from illogical emotional attatchment. It's hard to be violent and dogmatic about something you don't have any emotional investment in.

Perhaps we should strive to do away with love, fear, hate and emotion altogether. Perhaps humanity would be far more prosperous and peaceful.

You lost me with that non-sequitur.

Im unfamiliar with the term "Mass level", please clarify.

I fail to see what any of that has to do with "love". I mean, one can have a vested interest in the outcome of a situation without being deeply emotionally invested. An occupation is a great example.

Another non-sequitur.... but anyways, it contradicts what you were saying before, because the only reason wars occur is because the change people want conflicts with one another. The situation in Afghanistan, Iraq or Georgia are all great, relevent examples.

I'm still fairly lost to the point of your main thesis, to be honest.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

2. More and more people are, perhaps by a number of virtues, waking up to the fact that the same behind the scenes group of families/bloodlines is now ruling and HAS, literally, been ruling the world for quite a VERY long time now. What we are seeing now is the infrastructure being built toward the ultimate goal of a globalized, one-world government. Why does nobody realize that a major change MUST be happening if our constitution isn't being followed anymore? If you really want to know what is going on with the world today, I recommend two websites:

http://educate-yourself.org/

http://illuminati-news.com/moriah.htm

Wake up and create a revolution of consciousness!

3. [​IMG]

Please visit: http://www.criticalthinking.org/starting/college_student.cfm

4. responses in bold

5. Okay, that's fair. But I wasn't referring to consciousness, so I guess I should just forget the rest of it? I mean seriously, I'm not trying to dismiss it; it's going to be difficult to have a debate if we're discussing two different topics completely.

Yeah, but my initial commentary was in response to another comment about Brave New World. That's what I was talking about the entire time. This really seems to just be a case of misunderstanding.

Well I can agree with you there. I promote the axiom "Question Everything". I mean I don't agree that openmindedness automatically leads to "love" but that's just boiling it down to opinion.

And you'd be surprised; a lot of people misuse the term "open minded" quite regularly.

Well that's just unity, not love. Love is by no means required for unity. I mean, I can dig that it's a useful attribute for coming to understandings and consensus, but it also has quite a nasty side to it too. It's very much a double-edged sword.

You can't have one polar spectrum of emotion without the other.

Well we obviously wouldn't be very human (Sincere thanks for actually coming back to the main thesis, seems to be a rare trait in these forums). It depends on what you value. I'm really playing devil's advocate here.

You ask what the point of living is. You say experience (I assume). Other's say appeasing God. Other's say that there is none. It boils down to the individual value system. I agree, it works with yours, but it's not so clear when you involve the rest of humanity.

Socioeconomic issues could be addressed without parochial concerns and deep-seated and irrelevant beliefs systems. It's hard to be deadset against a progressive idea if you have no emotional investment in anything.

Not a sociopath.

While I genuinely appreciate Eastern Philosophy, this is far from some kind of fact or universal truth. There are many intelligent, open-minded individuals who have no concern for the well-being of others.

Yet, that opinionated dogma has been the source of war and death. Pushing a dogma onto people is a very unsuccessfully endeavor. I mean, I genuinely don't criticize the philosophy, it's just a very difficult to get everybody else to do it. It lacks practicality.

Yes but unfortunately emotion is very much relevant to the physical world.

I'd be willing to say that on the global scale, both are equally impractical to implement. Both have the potential, but require such a dedicated movement, that they are both unlikely to ever happen.

I mean, I think we essentially agree, we're just going about it at two different ends of the spectrum.

6. What exactly do you mean aimed at the left brainers?

7. #27 Key2gb, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
    just a few things...in bold

8. Fuck that, I'm not going to bother sifiting your response out for quote wrapping.

Later dude.

9. analytical people

10. That's a shame, I was having fun...weren't you?