1980's Toker 2 - Anyone...??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BudStoned, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's a picture of the mini-toker that I have had for years. It came with a metal bowl and stem. I didn't like it so I replaced it with a glass one to match years later.

Attached Files:

2. i just viewed your post so you like a mini toker well i have one from the 70ies only been used once and has been packed away since than i guess i for got where i put it there hard to find i am willing to get rid of it or trade if interested let me know ok we can work something out ok

• Like Like x 1
  3. This thread was posted in 2010 dude^
    All the same, a good read indeed. Good to know what people were smoking out of back then.

• Like Like x 1
  4. he might still be alive

5. I own and am willing to sell 2 toker IIs
    One has original bowl
    one has very small star crack
    one is red label one is yellow label
    original, owned since 70s

• Like Like x 1
  6. i have one too. i found it and had no idea there was such a demand. what was the original retail price? be honest! :)

7. I'd like to hit something like that. Those look pretty cool.

8. Sadly I had a mini toker till 5 minutes ago. It was amazing and I actually had just bought a new bowl for it.. Now it's shattered.

9. bummer!! I sold mine here for over $100

10. I might be the only collector around of Odyssey Glass items from this era.  They were a fine company out of Maryland that was run out of business in the '80s during the crack epidemic since they were near DC and the feds had no one else to prosecute (or persecute).  They made the finest items available and were considered top of the line at the time.  Their Toker and Toker II were massively popular back then and sold for about $20.00.  The ones you are showing were about $25.00 or less. I once saw one that was over 6' tall in a shop in Madison, WI during the '80s but can not remember the name of the shop.  It was amazing, and I would love to find one like it for my collection.
    \nI purchase only CLEAN items for an historic collection that is not meant for any illegal use, only for historical purposes.   The owner of Odyssey had several patents registered for his work and they are still in force as far as I know.  My collection is encased in a glass case, of course, and will be donated to an appropriate museum when I pass on.
    \nShould ANYONE here own or have any Odyssey glass items for sale, I will be pleased to pay a fair price for any and all CLEANED items you wish to sell, regardless of size.
    \nThanks and Cheers!
    \nRich

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Here's a picture of my Toker II, handed down a generation from my folks. Still rips like a beast.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nice TII.  I don't have one yet for my collection, so if anyone wishes to sell...

Cheers!

Rich

13. OK, so now it's 2014 and I have just found this thread. I am looking buy a toker 2 glass pipe.  It looks like there were a few out there. Please let me know if anyone still has one and is willing to sell it.  Great story as to why I need one.   Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  14. For those who are curious, here is a pic of the original Toker. I inherited this from my father.. Classic hippie! no clue where he got it. a bit dirty, but in its defense it is still very well used. :)

Attached Files:

15. BudStoned,

You're right on the money about the old "Toker 2"... It was the best!
    While some may say there are others out there that could do the same job, (and to a degree, yes...) I've been smoking almost daily for close to 45 years, and I have yet to come across any product as perfect in its simplicity a the once great "Toker 2".

My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) broke mine in 1983 and I still haven't found a replacement. Still looking, even today (which is how I found this post, actually) and if I come across a place to get one again, I'll be sure to post it here for you. (By the way, you have excellent taste in paraphernalia!)

Highest regards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. In the 80's i remember Nancy Reagen starting the "just say no/dare" program and all the LHS were closed down in California. I hated that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.