1972 Olbsmobile Rally Rims

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Tergale, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I'm looking to sell some rims soon on either Craigslist or eBay in the near future. I have 4 rims from a 1972 Olds Cutlass, original rallys. Wondering if any car gurus hear might have an idea what they are worth. I have seen them go from anywhere from 40 a rim to 150 (not in perfect condition either).

I got all 4 center caps and chrome wheel trim as well.

[​IMG]
    My camera died or I'd have taken a few more shots.

Still not fully cleaned up yet since they have been sitting in a shed for a few years and there is a tiny bit of surface rust left that should be easy to take care of.

I dunno, whatta think?

2. clean em up, paint them black again, tape off the chrome and silver and stuff and as for a price... sorry I dont know at least 30 a rim though. if they are not warped and are fairly balanced you should be able to get dbl. but look around on the sites you are going to put them on and find an average price.

3. Don't repaint them unless you're gonna completely restore them. Old school purists (who would buy these) won't want repainted rallys just because they look a little better. I recommend just cleaning them off and selling now. Buy some "Bon-Ami" or generic chrome cleaner to clean off any light rust on the chrome and immediately coat the area with wax. You're gonna put more into restoring them then you're gonna get back otherwise if you do it properly. Expect $200-300.. They will take awhile to sell, be patient.