1950's

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KushedResin, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Bet you aren't jealous of being 61...lol:D

2. #22 Kingjacobo, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    I would give anything to grow up in the 60s. I bought my first car, a 1966 Pontiac and it's my own time machine with the all original interior. Crank up some classic tunes and cruise down the street like it's 69. It's not the 60s, but it's as close as I can get.

Everything about the 60s just seems awesome. The music, way of thinking and the cars were just beautiful.

I'd trade being 20 now for 61 if it meant I could grow up back then in a heartbeat, no questions asked. I can live without my ipod.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [quote name='"jmick"']

Bet you aren't jealous of being 61...lol:D[/quote]

Hahaha that i am not, but i also dont mind growing older nethier...

4. I wasnt allowed to participate in the 50s, damn jim crow laws...

5. seems like suits dissapeared after the 50's.

6. Two of my favorite fifties "social issues" include drunk parents labeled as sick and slut daughters going away on "vacation" to their cousins back east cuz they got knocked up.

Also, who can forget the, come to california slogans and posters, where gold grows on trees, referring to fruit. Land is plenty and cheap lmao.

7. Right man? Looking back how shit has changed in the last 60's years, I am curious to see what it will be like for the younger generation in our old age. Technologies and trends have evolved so quickly over the past decades it's unbelievable how far we've come or strayed, depending on your views.

8. 61 or 21.

"Jealousy is when you realize that someone has something you want, and if you work really hard you can get it. Envy is when you realize someone has something that you can never have, no matter how hard you try."

People would do some crazy shit for your experience, grass is always greener on the other side.

9. [quote name='"KushedResin"']

Right man? Looking back how shit has changed in the last 60's years, I am curious to see what it will be like for the younger generation in our old age. Technologies and trends have evolved so quickly over the past decades it's unbelievable how far we've come or strayed, depending on your views.[/quote]

This is why i wish i had an elixir for life

10. I was a teenager in the 50's.

I spent most of my time trying to get a running car.

The rest of the time I was trying to figure out how to escape from my parents house.

What time and energy I had left, I spent hunting, fishing, drinking beer, and going to school.