1950's

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KushedResin, Mar 23, 2012.

1. #1 KushedResin, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    Not sure if there is a thread for it but even if so it hasn't been noticed in a while so I was sitting here thinking of the best munchies I've had, while I've decided to fast for a few days and these came to mind:
    [​IMG]
    Which led me to thinking of the 50's which is one of my favorite decades... it had such a modest, simpler, more honest/genuine valor about it.
    [​IMG]
    So I got to searching and noticed in most posters from the time, women are pictured in the kitchen cooking, doing dishes, baking, laundry room, sewing desk, or maybe out buying groceries or getting gussied up. Men are pictured in pictures with them just sitting there, or reading the newspaper. Interesting little details of how the media liked to portray the sexes. I personally loved the fashion, and really don't mind the "sexist" outlook of the day, in the end shit got done. Partly for the fact that tasks were given at birth by gender for your future. You knew your place, as for the racism....
    [​IMG]
    Fuck that noise...

So uh join in at any time... :smoke:

2. Some quality rock and roll from the 50's....I fuck with that decade

3. I wish:
    I was born in the 50's
    Was a teenager in the 60's,
    then just spend the next 20 years through the 70's and 80's coming down.
    :smoke:

4. i COULDNT USE THE FOUNTAIN BY THE BUD SHOP FUCK THE 50'S.

5. [quote name='"Cali Smokes"']i COULDNT USE THE FOUNTAIN BY THE BUD SHOP FUCK THE 50'S.[/quote]

I lol'd pretty hard.

This thread reminds me of the movie Pleasantville, with Tobey Maguire. I don't even know what to think of that movie

6. I'd give it all to have been born in the 50's.

7. Pleasantville was a great movie... just good shit.

8. I wish I was born in 2050's. lol

9. I wish I was born in the 60's so I could have been a teen in the 70's & it would have been like Dazed & Confused.

I've watched that movie 1,000 times & it never gets old. :smoke:

10. The '50s are awesome, I'd go back in time if I could just to fuck around in the '50s.

Imagine if someone from today were to do that though? We'd all look so out of place lol.

11. Right on man. Id would have rather lived during the 20's though.

12. [quote name='"Cali Smokes"']i COULDNT USE THE FOUNTAIN BY THE BUD SHOP FUCK THE 50'S.[/quote]

This fuck that shit I ain't sitting on the back of the bus foh. If I was alive back then id be in your history books right next to Rosa parks :cool:

13. I'm with you on the 50's allure, KushResin. I binged on downloading a bunch of oldies and went on a binge of Cold War albums (particularly Atomic Platters: Cold War Music from the Golden Age of Homeland Security).

To be the 50's is second only to the 1920's, for me. Both eras had people dressing dapper as fuck, and smoking to Cab Calloway or Fletcher Henderson Band just makes me feel happy.

Some people would go back in time to kill Hitler or play solitaire with Jesus. I would go back to the 20's and get drunk and ride on cab-hoods with Francis and Zelda Fitzgerald/corrupt 50's folks with reefer madness behind authentic 50's restaurants before shopping around with my future-money.

14. i don't know what time era it is because i don't care to be accurate and look but i wanna go back to when pink floyd was jammin cuz shit was just about the rad tunes and good vibes

15. i really like the cars, cartoons, music, and simpler lifestyle of the 50's.. awsome era wish i was born into it.. i think the whole drive in movies and ppl servin u shakes on rollerskates is awsome too wish that was still goin on

16. [quote name='"progenitor04"']i really like the cars, cartoons, music, and simpler lifestyle of the 50's.. awsome era wish i was born into it.. i think the whole drive in movies and ppl servin u shakes on rollerskates is awsome too wish that was still goin on[/quote]

Sonic my man

17. they rollerskate out to ur car?

18. #19 jmick, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    I have to give it up. I was born in 1950, and it was a different world. It was fantastic being a teen in the mid 60s, the start of the counterculture, free love with no AIDS or regrets, and it just got crazier during the 70s...aaahhhh Let me add one big negative thing about being that age at that time. Every guy lived in total fear of getting that letter from his draft board telling him to show up for a physical and get ready to go to fucking Vietnam...

19. [quote name='"jmick"']I have to give it up. I was born in 1950, and it was a different world. It was fantastic being a teen in the mid 60s, the start of the counterculture, free love with no AIDS or regrets, and it just got crazier during the 70s...aaahhhh[/quote]

Jealous