19'' x 19'' grow rooms possible?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jakes Mo Moneya, Feb 1, 2007.

1. alright, i have been planning on growing personally for a while now, a couple of my friends grow.
    i have found room at my place for a grow room that is 19 inches by 19 inches and a litle less that 6 feet tall.

i am asking you guys if this would be possible for one plant to grow and prosper.
    also if you have time, could you tell me what i should watch out for using this method.

thanks, i have been anxious to do this for a while and now that my friends can assure me a female clone i am encouraged more than ever to do this:smoking:

2. what kinda lights are you thinking of using? you could stick 48" floro's in the 4 corners of the room(running up and down the walls verticaly) and a 150 or 250w HPS light up top with fan(s) next to the pot on the bottom blowing up (only one plant though imo) have a way to vent the room for heat? if not skip the HPS and go with more floro's all over the place, lower wattage sothe plants can touch the bulbs (20w-50w i'd say)

try to get some fresh air in there, should work fine for one plant.

3. i let my 4 42w cfls get good and hot in my cab without the exhaust on(before a plant was in there). I turned them off when the temp peaked at 108.9!!!! i alwasys believed that cfls ran at a cool temp, and i guess they do compared to hid, but in reality, they are hot as shit lol if you cant get some fresh air in and hot air out. Pannasonic makes a whisper fan that is for bathrooms that is virtually silent. good luck :smoking:

4. thanks alot, really i just needed to know if it was possible to let a plant grow in such a tight space, im going to hopme depot, i know about light and what not, so thank you guys very much,

and thanks for tip about the silent fan

Jake