18 Days in Holland - a smoke report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Troy McLure, Jun 20, 2009.

1. just got back from my vacation in beautiful holland and here is the smoke report!
    (rated from A (awesome) to E (mid-grade, run-of-the-mill weed, nothing special at all))

Super Silver Haze (2 g)
    aquired: De Dampkring (new one)
    consumption: joint, vaporizer
    smoked strain before: yes

verdict: this is the second time i tried SSH and again it did not disappoint. a really fine strain which i seriously consider growing in the future. lives up to its image. soaring buzz with long up-high.
    rating: A

Bubblegum (1 g)
    smoked strain before: no

verdict: maybe i got a bad batch, but my bubblegum neither smelled or tasted like its name at all. just some nondescript bud with an average high. a disappointment.
    rating: E

AK-47 (2 g)

verdict: after hearing so much about this legendary strain, maybe i was expecting too much. it tasted ok and the high was nice, but nowhere near as powerful as some describe it. could smoke this all day and the 2 g's were soon gone.
    rating: B-

Pineapple Haze (2 g)
    aquired: Amnesia Coffeeshop

verdict: starting to become quite a haze lover i had to try this. neither tasted nor smelled like pineapple. taste was ok, but nothing really distinct. high was rather good, but not as awesome as other hazes i've tried.
    rating: B-

White Widow (1 g)

verdict: looking for possibe strains i want to grow, i had to re-check with the widow. as expected it was quite good. taste was good but nothing to write home about and the high was of the famous quality many people know and like. a classic.
    rating: B

LSD (2 g)

verdict: this was one of the 'must-tries' for me on this trip. barney's farm (who make the seeds) didn't have it, so i walked up the herrengracht to amnesia, after the very helpful & friendly dude at barney's pointed me towards it.
    the smell is amazing - in a tupperware with 5 different strains in baggies in it, LSD easily overpowered them all. the taste is VERY intense, especially in the vape. very 'spicy, peppery and sour' is what comes to mind - it actually made me sneeze a couple of times ;)
    the high is for an indica-dominated strain very UP and active. i enjoyed it quite a bit. it is very likely i will grow this strain next.

Laughing Buddha (1 g)
    aquired: Barney's Farm

verdict: a very interesting smell and a love for sativa made me buy 1 g of the buddha. the taste matches the smell - for no reason at all i associate it with 'old skool sativa' without ever having had the fortune of tasting one. ;)
    the high was strange - the buzz had a nasty kick to it (might have been just me - the strain is rather mild AFAIK) which made me rather uncomfortable for 10 minutes, then it went into a servicable high for the rest of the day (and the baggie). not really my cup of tea.
    rating: C

G13 x Haze (1 g)

verdict: this seems to be rather popular at the moment so i checked it out - very nice taste (nothing strong) and a very good and versatile high. i will definitely smoke more of it on my next trip to the promised land.

East Coast Sour Diesel (1 g)
    aquired: Grey Area

verdict: my first foray into 'sour' diesel territory - very nice spicy smell and taste to it with a pleasant high. the smell/taste reminded me of a lower-key version of the afforementioned LSD.
    smoked this on the last day and it fit nicely. might give it another go some time in the future.

sample size less than 1 g:

Sweet Tooth (1 pre-rolled joint)
    consumption: joint

verdict: i smoked this on top of some haze and some white widow i had had during the day. couldn't really sample the taste in this small unit but amazingly the high managed to punch through the remnants of the other 2 strains and manifested itself with a somewhat energetic head-high. i will try more of this strain on a future trip.

Haze (1 pre-rolled pure joint)
    consumption: pure joint

verdict: i smoked this pure joint immediately before i went into the rijksmuseum to see some of the greatest dutch paintings like Rembrandt's 'Night Watch' (which is huuuuge btw) and Vermeer's 'The Milkmaid' (which is really small) - anyway, back to the weed: the taste was very nicely hazey and the high was the classic haze-ride (what do you expect from a strain called 'haze'? ;) )
    it made the paintings really pop off the canvas (although i guess that is due in no small measure to the genius of those artists! ;) )
    rating: B+

Jack Herer (1 pre-rolled joint)

verdict: since jack herer seems to be basically a cross of the same strains that make up the famous SSH, i wanted to check it out. taste was ok, nothing special but the high was very nicely UP and interesting. i will need to try this strain again in the future for a better sample.

White Widow (1 pre-rolled joint)
    aquired: The Bulldog (Leidseplein)

verdict: i really don't know why i got this... i guess i wanted to buy something at a 'bulldog'. the joint came in it's own blister-pack and a small bulldog logo printed on it. very touristy stuff, as can be expected on friggin' leidseplein. ;)
    quality was ok, your basic WW ride, something for mass consumption by drunk tourists, nothing special.
    rating: D

and here are the pics.

dampkring.jpg
    2nd round.jpg
    sour.jpg
    bulldog.jpg

that's it!
    hope you enjoyed this pure unadulterated boasting about my vacation. :cool:

2. fuck you and your couch, now i want go go and get ripped out my head prob go insane

3. damn that sour d looks like some fuckin fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. thanks for taking the time to share this with us.. looks like you had a damn blast in Holland man.

+rep

5. Cool man. Look like you had a fun time, cool thing you documented it so closely.
    Im sad to see that some holland growers dont do too well, especially with great strains such as bubblegum and white widow.

Anyway, you're troy mclure. I may remember you from such films as:
    "Coffee, Tea, or Fiddle Dee Dee"
    and
    "Eenie Meeni Miney, Die"

6. I went to Amsterdam for 420 and I had a blast! Went to a lot of the same places, De Dampkrig being my favorite by far. I loved their Chocolope (choc thai x canalope haze) and their Cheese. =D

7. yes, and also from such medical films as "alice doesn't live anymore" and "mommy, what's wrong with that man's face?"
    :smoking:

yup, i had a great time in holland. i stayed at the beach. i just love walking it... so much space... so much sand and water... mindblowing... :)
    if i could change my username i'd switch to 'beachwalker' ;)

here are some pics

beach.jpg

beach2.jpg

beach3.jpg

8. Very good detailed report. The exact thing that I like to see in Seasoned Tokers. I'm hoping to be able to go to Holland in a couple years. Should be an amazing time if I ever make it there.

+rep

9. wow i have to disagree with you on the ww joints from bulldog off leidseplein i had smoke a joint between myself and 2 others and we were feeling great. have to say was one of the best pre rolleds there besides the g13 from barneys

10. ^^^
    hm, maybe i was a bit spoiled from all the other good stuff i smoked by the time i got to the bulldog ww (it was one of the last joints of the trip). ;)

11. Very very envious, can't wait to go, should be going 2 times next year =D all the bud looks so damn pretty =D

12. *Whew*pictures at the end. The whole time i was reading i was thinking "damn i want to see some photos of this bud".

+rep great report.

13. yeah dude looks like you smoked some true dank. I want to go to amsterdam so bad, I remember having a connecting flight to Italy through there a while back. I wish I was there now right now. I heard that I should bring my dutches or games. white owls too. But my sister went said and her and her friends brought a box of dutches with them. I know people like js and I like em too but Im sorry ls are just better. I will definitely roll up a few spliffs and ls when I visit.

14. nice report there buddy looks like you had a blast. whats the airfare for a trip like that set you back?

15. Thanks for taking the time to post this man, a very well written and detailed report.

Kudos! +rep

16. Nicely done. I never realized Holland was so herb friendly?

17. Amsterdam is a city there

18. Hey dsq and Troy....just found this thread and will post that journal I spoke of earlier here. Pulling up a chair, maybe this one will come back up for lots more info now too. :hello: Expedition Amsterdam in 2010!

19. #20 weedski, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    Never been to Holland but I get a lot of their weed around me and it's good stuff for sure. Can't wait to go there some time.