18 and time to give up weed for life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KingStun10, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Yeah, but it's PSYCHOLOGICAL. Probably all the preconceived propaganda that's drilled into your brain, you smoked and panicked. I mean fuck, if we lived in the reefer madness times I would probably be pretty scared smoking a drug that's 'killing the youth of America' and have a panic attack.

2. You're attempting to make it too cut and dry.

This kid said he smoked some potent hash. Hash is almost all THC. A known side effect of high doses of THC is extreme paranoia and anxiety. It is wholly normal.

The kid may have been accustomed to herb with a higher ratio of CBD, making the almost full THC experience different and that much more anxiety-causing for him.

3. Pretty much EVERYONE who i've smoked with the first few times they did it have mentioned an increase in their heart rate which they found uncomfortable. It's a common starter effect. It just got a bit too much for our friend, obviously he must have a personality that maybe makes him panic too easily, or something in the body.

If you think there is no link between the weed and panic attack, would he have had this panic attack if there was no thc in system at the time?

4. Dude you called an ambulance.... you smoked some hash not meth. OMG

5. This went from 0-5 pages in 49 min lol

6. I realize what you're trying to say, but if you're intending to use that as a sort of "realization" of what happened, it's still completely psychological what you went through. Your own thoughts caused you to PHYSICALLY hyperventilate, so yes your heart rate really increased. But if you had just calmed down and new that you were having a panic attack, it would have dropped down.

I have experienced panic attacks too. The best thing you can do is:

1) Listen to your heart beat. Feel it on your wrist. Doing this is known to lower your heart rate, though it may sound like it would do the opposite.

2) Be aware of what panic attacks are and when you're falling into one. Realize that it's psychological.

7. No, what I'm saying is that it's a psychological issue and cannabis shouldn't be blamed. Depends on the hash, but if it's not from a strain like C99 (high thc:cbd ratio - anxious/racy etc) it would have entire trichomes which contain thc and is also mediated by the cbd.

Just overwhelmed by the strength, causing a panic attack. Can be easily avoided next time by taking a comfortable dose...

8. damn dude don't fuck with other substances

9. Op I don't think you need to quite bud, everyone who does any kind of mind altering substance has had that happen at least once, just smoke less or only smoke when your in a really happy chill mood, always be in a good setting etc..

10. When I was 18, I was fuckin' toking some serious hash from Holland...no problems here. Sounds like you may have a serious anxiety problem. In all seriousness, stimulants of any kind can have increased physiological and psychological effects on individuals with such idiosyncrasies.

An example I think more of us can identify with is the urge to move your bowels after smoking, regardless of WHAT you're smoking (i.e. tobacco, pipe tobacco, cloves, pot). John Locke, the 17th century English philosopher wrote about smoke's ability to move the bowels to the point of enhancing one's life by increasing the predictability of bowel movements.

In my own experiences, the anticipation of smoking itself is enough to move my bowels at times. This is proof of the psychological power of stimulants.

The reality is that you're inexperienced with green. You freaked. You panicked. Your mind told your heart to panic. It's over and quite frankly, you've come here for all of us to tell you not to quit (otherwise why would you even entertain the idea of conversing with us?). You've come to the wrong place. Most of us don't care if you smoke or not, myself included. But it is important that you get to know your body, mind and the mind-altering and medicinal properties of God's greatest gift to man. No one has ever overdosed on marijuana. It is divine. It is one of the only things on the planet that offers insight into every aspect of existence.

11. if you're talking to the "haters" as being me.. sorry man..

i mean i'm not looking at you like a pussy.. but a kid who just does not know his body lol

next time..

lay down

close your eyes

DEEEEEP BREATHE -- hold it for 3 secs -- SLOWLY exhale

repeat

tell yourself you are worrying over nothing calm down and breathe

after a few mins you should be fine/better

good luck fellow solider

12. Another one bites the dust, and another one bites, and another one bites the dust!

You're just weak minded, it's ok though, weed isn't for everyone.

13. Sad thing is, this will most likely happen again. Only without weed to blame.

14. i dont believe this will ever happen again, i was foolish and tried a substance that was too powerful for me which seems funny cus ive always tried to seek a better high on weed. i do not want to quit but my family is pressuring me to and if they knew that i had smoked again they would be extremely disappointed.

I am not a person who panics easily but i think everything got blown outta proportion very quickly and shit just happened. I appreciate all the comments they mean a lot and maybe im just due for a nice long break

15. If it's happened once, what's to stop it from happening again?

16. thats a good point. I respect that even tho i know that i got too high from what i had smoked and had a panic attack. This shows me my limits and to make sure i know what im bout to hit before i do so.

17. Yeah, that means weed isn't safe. :rolleyes:

You just can't handle your shit.

18. Just take it easy next time, like you said, know your limits. Weed IS a mild psychedelic, so it can definitely fuck with you if you're not ready for it. Shit, one of my buddy straight up used to trip when he first started smoking. :smoke:

19. lol aaannd he's a canadian!

20. do worry
    everything will been well