17 year old trick or treaters

Discussion in 'General' started by cowofsteel, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Would you rather them be egging or teepeeing your house like most teenagers would, or asking for candy

2. :rolleyes:

Talk about needless hyperbole.

3. It was fun to say nonetheless ;)

4. And a total straw man argument. Of course if you want to follow your logic you should probably also take time every day to play with your own feces like any baby would do given the chance. Now I'm not saying YOU are a baby, I'm just applying your logic to said practice of poopie-playing ;)

5. Of course it was an exaggeration, but sometimes when you exaggerate people can see how silly the original problem is. in this case the problem for most people was that they were too old ( at least the posts I read I didn't read much) so I made a silly situation where people were fined for doing things that were considered by others to be to childish for someone of their age.
    Maybe they would have said to themselves, "well thats just silly, why are these people fining (or in the real life situation, talking down about) these other people just for doing something children like to do just because they don't agree that that is how someone their age "should" act?"
    Which was my whole point in the first place.

edit: I was trying to lead the thinking rather than just straight pointing it out I guess if I can make it clearer

6. I know what your point was. I responded with exaggeration in kind.

Nobody said punish anyone. I just don't give candy to any kids who look older than 14ish. We don't get many, thankfully most of the kids around here are pretty mature.

7. :laughing: so I guess that whistling sound I heard was it flying over my head

Yeah I know nobody said that I was just comparing the two since they both stem from disapproval of something. And from the little I read (pretty much just this page in fact) that was what the main problem seemed to be.

I stopped trick or treating at 6th grade, never was really into candy in the first place and only liked doing it so I can pretend to be an army man. But if someone wants to I don't see any reason why they would be "too old' to dress up as someone/thing you like go wander around town and get free tasty things.