17" and no sex!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dirtyharry, Jan 11, 2004.

1. I have a few plants that are now reaching 17+ inches but there are no signs of sex. I had them on 12/12 for over a week and they have shown no sign.

The hours of light have been fairly inconsistent.

using a metal halide (HPI-T Plus)

Any suggestions?

2. Surely there has to be a preflower somewhere on them..look very close at the tops of the plants where the shoots leave the stem....metal halide is good light for flowering but should have at least 1 hps with it of equal wattage

3. I'd give it a bit more time and if nothing happens cut it to 10/14. Mine got stuck like that and I reduced the light time even more. You're making sure that no light is getting in during the dark period, right? I mean, NO LIGHT AT ALL! That will kind of screw you up a bit.

Sid or one of the guys will know exactly what to tell you but the above would be my advice simply from my own experience.

Good luck!

4. at least 2 weeks befor it shows it preflowering... males will appear first.. so consider your self lucky, might get all females.... but dont put yo hopes up..latezzz...

5. Theres certainly nothing there! Just new leaves starting at the top.

I am going to make sure there is no light getting in, although there have been some disruptions where i have had to switch a small light on to get something in the closet in the basement (which is where they are).

I will keep going with the 12/12 for another week, so that will total 2 weeks of consitent 12/12 light on light off.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers all!

ps. I may post an image tomorrow.

6. The disruptions dont sound like a good thing...you need TOTAL darkness...this may have caused the flowering cycle to be delayed...still cant understand how you have no prefloers...they could be tiny...you have to look really close on all your plants , they are there somewhere without a doubt

7. yea... no light durring a2 of darknes.. might go hermie on ya mate.. if u really neeed the light while in 12 in dark, buy a green light so it wont mess up the dark period..latezz...

Grasscity Deals Near You