????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kranko, Jul 22, 2007.

1. I just changed my plants over to flower 5 days ago, I transplanted about 8 days ago, about 3 days ago I noticed that on the top of my plants some of the leaves are folding in half long ways and almost look like a claw, I have a few theories, I think its either the difference in lumens from the switch from daylight cfl to soft white, or I have a non oscilating on the plants I just moved it further away but it seems that the leaves that are directly in front of the fan are the ones that are folding. could it be the fan?? I have it on them 24-7 on high. help a bro out
    peace

2. fans generally cause a wind burn thats looks similar to a light burn

your transplant, may have shocked them?

if its lighting changes, and it does happen, the plants should react differently when the lights are off, do they?

can you post a pic?

3. I ll take pics tomorrow, I have to borrow a camera, the fan is not large its only a little 5 inch fan, and it was blowing down onto the plants without any oscilation I have them set up 3 plants in front and three in the back the fan blows through the middle of the 6 plants and that seems to be where the problem is, its only a few sets of leaves , its occuring on the new growth leaves on top but not all of the tops (I LST top and fim) just a few of em, but its occuring on my three nicest, the plants are all elvis diesels its my first grow with this cross and i dont wanna loose em so im trying to catch anything early. if it is lighting how should they react when the lights are off, I ll check em tonight to see what they do. also I just ran out of tiger bloom so I am using MG bloom booster 15-30-15 is this a bad nute I know how infamously bad miracle grow products are on plants, thanks for your time ohh ya it deff doesn't look like light burn, I did my transplant very gently and nothiing obvious went wrong, i guess that doesnt mean nothing went wrong though,

4. If you have used the bloom booster & Im guessing you have since they went into bud last week.
    To rule out PH related issues complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...test the PH of this water....
    If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require more
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush

MG bloom booster 15-30-15 is bad , its very acidic, too high in nitrogen for budding & too high in phosphorus causing burns, there have been many plants have issues after using this & I have been testing the product for the past 4 months and can say I see nothing but issues with it

use these, you will be happy with the results

veg cycle fertilizer
    Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food (they make several fertilizers be sure its this one)
    http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4
    Fertilizer Analysis: 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) use this as your water, feed every other watering till flowering

Budding ferts I recommend Fertilome, Root Stimulator and plant starter....
    the NPK is perfect: 4-10-6
    2 teaspoons per gallon of water every other watering........ use this as your water ...discontinue use 3 weeks prior to harvest...flush last 2 weeks...I also like to add 1 tablespoon of unsulphured molasses to the last gallon of the flush......thats it no more water .....

5. I just did the runoff with ph corrected water, my ph was at about 5.6, :mad: I have only used the bloom booster twice at about 2/3 strength (I misted them with it daily though) I did a ph test on the nute concentrate and and it was at 5.3 I flushed out the plants and am hoping to see some change it is still only affecting about 6-8 sets of leaves at the very top of the plant. I couldn't get a hold of a camera today but I'll grab one tomorrow, will a low ph cause my new growth to curl up like a claw?? the leaves fold in the middle on the main vein going through the center of the leaf and they almost look like theyre wilting or droopy, they are also the affected leaves are of a darker hue than the rest of the plants, thanks for the help/knowledge peace

6. the leaf droop "the Claw" you see is nitrogen toxicity, that also accounts for the dark green color, this all including the PH is from the ferts your using Miracle grow makes great fertilizers but what your using isnt.
    the flush you gave them has taken care of the excess ferts aswell as getting the PH back in balance, no worries you have plenty of time to recover

no need to foliar feed

7. today I checked em out and it is spreading to the lower leaves its not everywhere but in some cases it moved down a node, how long will it take for the symptoms to cease, and will "the claw like" leaves repair themselves or will they remain like this throughout the remainder of the grow?? also do you know how long of a flowering cycle that elvis diesels take i have heard that its about 70 days but i'm not completely sure, thanks for the help peace ohh ya I forgot 2 ask if you have seen this problem on your "test subjects" that you are testing the mg bloom booster on, its definetely not made for the almighty ganj thanks again man yous 1 slick mamajama <-- dont ask i dunno where that came from

Attached Files:

8. the claw will not go away, its just ugly

it will continue aslong as there is excess nitrogen in the soil, so that basically depends now on you .....how much excess ferts did you give them, how long did you flush, was it long enough to ensure you leeched it out

If the plants dont begin to recoup in a day or so you may not have flushed all the excess nitrogen out completely

9. If my flush was not thorough enough and I need to flush again will overwatering become an issue?? I use h2o2 in the last gallon so hopefully root problems will not occur, I used the bloom booster twice at 3/4 strength i stopped immediately when I noticed the problem, I was wondering i edited this into my last post but it was after ur reply so im gonna copy it here > do you know how long of a flowering cycle that elvis diesels take i have heard that its about 70 days but i'm not completely sure, thanks for the help peace ohh ya I forgot 2 ask if you have seen this problem on your "test subjects" that you are testing the mg bloom booster on, its definetely not made for the almighty ganj thanks again man yous 1 slick mamajama <-- dont ask i dunno where that came from < Thanks again :smoking:

10. flush till you feel its leeched thorough

Ive not grown that strain, you need to look at the online seed banks to find the specifics of your strain, or another member here may know

as to the Bloom Booster and the test plants, it not only looked the same as yours but one was sacrificed & NOT flushed, all leaves turned yellow with brown PH spots within 7-10 days

one plant "in bud" did the same, the claw, yellow & spotting and didnt produce ANY resin big buds but no juice

you caught it in time:D

11. will the nitrogen toxicity subside immediately after the flush?? what I mean is if it is flushed properly will there be no more NEW areas of "the dreaded Claw" boy it is fugn ugly too I (the N toxicity) , the E. Diesel strain seems popular in my area (North east) but i cannot find it in any seed banks, I guess I'll post to see if anyone knows the flower time, ohh ya and besides the claw how do the plants look to u??

12. the only place i know of online that sells any kind for Diesel strain is Reservoir Seeds. they sell the Sour Diesel IBL (inbred line) it is a 77 day strain, yields about 1gram per watt if you do it right.
    i hope thats what your looking for

13. the first flush that I gave my plants waas not a quite full flush I thought they were in 2 gallon pots so I used 4 gallons BUT I was wrong they are in 3 gallon pots so I reflushed yesterday w/ 6 gallons, when I went down to check out the kids the flushing helpd and slowed it down it seems as if some of the leaves (very few) were getting darker green and showing slight signs of the toxicity is this usual?? should I flush it again?? or is it just using up the remainder of the extra nitrogen
    also I read on one of the posts that u were starting a website , if u need help Im a programmer, and was a webdeveloper for several years, so just hit me up. thanks for da help man

14. its just still reacting from the overdose

as long as you see that it has slowed down your on the road to recovery, be thankful it didnt escalate to burn stage.

please send me a PM about the website developing

15. Instead of ph up and down will vinegar and baking soda work?? can u use it often without affecting the plant?? last night I cut off the leaves showing the N toxicity, when I checked them today a few leaves 3-4 show very light signs of the toxicity (like a 1/4 margin fold very slight) is this normal it seems as if its nearly recovered but its still showing slight signs of toxicity, if I would not have flushed how would they look now, dead possibly, I am currently using CFL's so I cut off some fan leaves for better light penetration, is this ok some people seem to think its evil to cut off fan leaves, I didnt go crazy but did remove a good few, The Nutes that i got say to use outdoors , the levels r good 5-15-5 its a plant / root starter, can I use it anyway? I think thats all thanks doc, on a side note did u write the VBscript, javascript, and CSS on the site?? I m just curious its solid coding, do u program often or just on the side?? thanks again bro can't wait to get da site rolln:hello:

16. Be careful not to move to fast here.
    If you change the properties of the soil quickly by flushing or any other means the plants will need at least a few days maybe even a week to adjust themselves.

Your plant may even look worse after 'correcting' the soil's pH because this will strongly affect the availability of nutes.
    In certain cases, especially when you 'succesfully' flush overnuted soil to correct the pH, you will get nuteburn if the pH is suddenly improved.

Try not to overreact.

17. I was wondering if there is any preventative measure for mold?? my humidity is inbetween 70 - 93% on a constant basis, I try to spray the room out with lysol, and use a very diluted spray of water and H202 I mist the plants and then immediately mist the plants with water so that they dont burn them, is this an ok method, is there any other way to keep mold far far away?? Also will thhe lysol hurt the plants if sprayd in close proximity to the help?? thanks 4 the help peace

18. I think that I have noticed a very very small white bug on the leaves of 2 of my plants , i am going to get a microscope, and look up info on them, what is the best way to kill them, and if annyone has answers for my other posts on this pg it would be appreciated, thanks peace

19. I think that I have noticed a very very small white bug on the leaves of 2 of my plants , i am going to get a microscope, and look up info on them, (I think its spider mites)what is the best way to kill them, and if annyone has answers for my other posts on this pg it would be appreciated, thanks peace

20. if you want to be preventative for mold spray the plants with neem oil this will solve you insect issues aswell

your humidity is where you need to work though....increase the exhaust fan, or buy a small room dehumidifier approx $40.00

check your PMs in a few, I think today is the day