1600w DWC- 5 TOP strains in perfect environment-Photo Heavy!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Dustybowlz, Jan 22, 2011.

1. This is NOT a good option. I work to much to live in my room. The option needs to be fully automated.

2. #42 Dustybowlz, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    Heres another update....

Ok Kush showed signs of becoming a hermie. I noticed 3 bundles of bananas. in various locations. I cant take chances with my garden. I cut the basterd out.

None of my og kush cuttings rooted

no more og kush :mad:

My humidy dome well...... stopped working....

Nothing has rooted in there since the last batch? I cut 4x 2 weeks ago yesterday, nothing, I cut 3x 7 days ago.... Nada...... I bought 1.5x1.5 rockwool cubes and took a stab at those.... They drooped down and pointed at the floor for 24 hrs, then 5 of 10 stood tall, the others lifted half way up or so for the next 24 hrs... now there almost lifted but the leaves are drooped.

I dont see how bad I can mess this crap up!!!

Stupid learning curve.

I moved 3x white widow X Norther lights from veg to bloom and moved in some more pineapple express and grape god.

Heres some photos

BLOOM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VEG

[​IMG]

3. If you are having so much trouble with a cloning machine, why dont you get the cubes with rooting solution already in it? My buddy takes clippings, gets the cube wet and sticks the cutting in it, puts it in the humid dome for a few days and its rooted and he plants it strait into soil....

Plants look awesome btw, how much time left on the 2 that are almost done

4. 1st attempt to clone- home made 9site ezcloner knock off. Success rate was 4 of 9 took 14+ days to show signs of rooting.

2nd attempt was Advanced nutrient root shooter plugs. Just wet, cut and dip, place in humidity dome and go...... Well so i thought. I got 8 of 14 with this method. I had cut 8, 4" clones and 6, 3" clones. All the 3" clones rooted and 2 of the 4" rooted.

3rd attempt was just 5 days ago. I got some 1.5x1.5 rockwool cubes, ph'ed em to 5.5 and cut 10 clones. They instantly drooped?

My set up.
    -humidity dome
    -heat mat
    -heat mat controller set to 77*
    -2' 4 bulb t5.

4th attempt, fired up the cloner again and got roots in under 7 days. Water temp is too high.

Not sure what im doing wrong.

5. CLONER

[​IMG]

VEG

Noticable growth!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there are 3 that are a week ahead of the other 4. The 4 that are the newest just popped roots through net pot. I dont add nutes till I got roots through net pot. I did a rez change on the older 3 with wk2 nutes, the same time I did a rez change and added wk1 nutes to the younger 4. This was all 2 days ago.

I run advanced nutes

Wk 1
    -sensi A/B
    -b52
    -voodoo

Wk 2
    -sensi A/B
    -b52
    -voodoo
    -House and garden root excelerator

The ones I added wk1 nutes to look like this 24-36 hours later
    -There white and look great

[​IMG]

The ones I added week 2 nutes to look brown tinted. There are clumps of stuff too, kinda weird?

Above ground, There growing very well! Specially compared to my update a few days ago.

[​IMG]

Below ground

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When u feel the roots they feel solid. They dont feel mushy and they smell like fresh sprouts. I made some phed water and sprayed them lightly, The brown just rinced right off? Is this some for of beneficial or?

[​IMG]

Heres the ph and water temp

[​IMG]

Bloom

Heres an updated pic with no OGkush

[​IMG]

6. Do the clones you took which have clearly been budding for a couple weeks go back to re veg? I thought clones were to be taken from VEG only?

7. Your really only supposed to take them from 2weeks into flower at the latest. I was at a point i lost almost all my clones and don't want to lose all my strains. I had to figure somthing out?

8. I checked the cloner today and man are there a lot of roots in there!! Looks like I wont be losing the pineapple express.

9. Power went out last night

-Took me 10 mins to fire up generator

Power came back on at 2 am (2 hours after the bloom room turned on)

-I turned the generator off and went back to regular power
    -Lightes were off for 5 mins due to ballast hot strike protection

I left for work athis morning at 7am and it was nasty windy outside. When I got to work at 8am I called to see if my power was on and IT WAS OUT AGAIN... WTF

I raced home and when I walked in the door at 9am it was just turning back on. But it flickered once putting my ballast back into hot strike protection again..

-Power was out for an hour or so.
    -Lights came back on then shut off for 5 mins
    -Lights fired back up.

My lights turned on and off durring normal lights on time 4 times in under 10 hours.

I hope there isnt any major issues!!!!

10. Thats rough. Normally if it's only one day of irregularities, you can pull them out of it. Good luck!

11. Thanks!

Im going to have a lot of this crap going on with the location of my home. I just hope there isnt too much issue if I have a few mins till the generator fires up?

I know it cant be good but I dont have much of a choice. Even if my fancy generator was hooked up and it automatically fired up when the power went out I still have 5 mins once the ballast loses power till it will turn on.

All I can do is hope for the best and hope I dont lose too much work till my fancy generator gets hooked up.

12. Heres my ladies around day 56-57

Trikes are clowdy but I cant see any amber....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grape god

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pineapple express

[​IMG]

13. what nutrients are u using ??? nice setup!!

14. Advanced nutrients and early in veg I also use house and garden root accelerator.

Thanks for looking.

15. Put a battery back up on the light. It should give you enough time till the generator kicks in. If you get a big enough battery backup, it could keep everything running for an hour+.

16. This isn't a huge problem so I wouldn't really worry about it. Your big concern is keeping 12 hours or more of uninterrupted darkness for your flowering plants and LESS than 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness for your vegging plants.

If your flowering plants get more darkness it won't hurt them and if your veg plants get some extra darkness cycles it won't hurt as long as the aren't uninterrupted and more than like 11.5 hours.

17. Thanks!

I tried to rep you but it says I have to share....

Good info!

18. I have a back up battery on my home alarm system. I was trying to think how I could wire a few inline to do this but, Man it seems involved.

Not saying it is a bad idea though. Im just going to hope it doesnt cause any issues.

19. #59 Dustybowlz, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    Heres a few days ago

Veg

[​IMG]
    (This is 1 day after adding new pump!!)
    [​IMG]

I didnt like my old pumps, I got a new, LouD, pumps. There 3x the amount of air. The plants are going to LIKE this!!

[​IMG]

Bloom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hit day 65 and upper trichs had a few turn amber but were almost completely milk. The mid lower branches are 85-90% milky and there are a few on the very bottom that are 50/50 clear milk. I figure I can take smoke reports of each and figure out when I want to pull..

I cut the two in soil down!

(Main cola, Not that big I know, but my wife said I should throw this photo in :D)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dont have that great of a space to dry ATM but this works.... I have,
    -A heater on a timer set to 75*
    -The temp other wise stays at 70-72
    -A humidifier in there to keep RH at 45-55% (its cold out side here)
    -The overhead fan is running
    -Room is 100% dark

Does this sound good or should I change somthing?

It smells soo pungent and I dont want to strip the terpines and smells and flavor out. The bible says this is "ideal".... Yea, Nea?

Oh and what am I looking for to know when to stop drying and start jaring. IS IT AS SIMPLE AS SNAPPING THE STEM? DOES BUD "FEEL" PLAY ANY ROLE OR?

[​IMG]

Wifes new hobby

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mmm Medication.....

20. Mother room

2x grape god (2g pots)
    1x Pineapple express (2g pot)
    2x Pineapple express (solo cups) One cut late from flower as experement and one regular cutting.

Here is my little mother clone room, this is split in two with some half ass ventilation but the temps stay good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]