1600w DWC- 5 TOP strains in perfect environment-Photo Heavy!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Dustybowlz, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I recently switched from 200ppm hard well water to RO, The guy at advanced nutes said I didnt need to add cal mag for the switch, I switced 10 days ago, 3 days ago I noticed wilting on new and some medium leaves, I also noticed some deficiency on some older fan leaves showing. THE KICKER IS IT WAS HAPPENING IN BOTH VEG AND FLOWER ROOMS!! The only thing they share is air and water!!??!?? So, Yesterday I got cal mag and added to water/ watered soil with it and raised lights and folliar fed. I just hope the issue is because of cal mag def?

I posted a question at that other forum about cutting clones if I have a slight cal mag def. They replied with as long as the ones Im cutting look good. I am at week 3 day 7 in veg and need to trim/ cut clones soon. The room is getting busy!

Yesterday I cut

2x Pineapple express
    2x OG Kush
    2X Grape God (from nicest one in DWC)
    2x Grape God (from soil that is about 3 weeks into flower.A guy at the other forum swears I have two different pheno types going on and he suggested even though there in flower I should have some cuttings off her)

I had 6x other good looking shoots I just couldnt throw away. I decieded to try to root them too. If they root then there either back ups or ill drop them off at my local co-op for a donation :D

So my number is at 14 clones ATM

Here is my clone experiment #2
    It is a 2' 4 bulb t5, heat mat, adjustable mat controler, Humidity dome, jiffy root shooters, clonex @ 1/4 strength.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My clone experiment #1 didnt go so hot, I think it was due to my water? Not sure yet but cant waste more clones while im testing. Im going to have an empty veg room soon!! Plus I didnt buy clones for one time use, I need to figure a way for consistant clones perpetually!

Heres my $40 ex cloner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 3 that had roots were soo unhappy I gave them to a friend, Now granted they will probably be ok, after taking 2+ weeks to root and the last photo being at week 3 day 1, they would have a slow, stunted first few weeks.

When I pulled everyting I swapped the lid over for a real black one I made vs the taped one...... Yuk, I really dislike everything about tape.... I also made the net pots smaller after looking at the ex cloner. By having them shorter it allows a better mist directly on the stem from all angles. Before it was just from the bottom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now im off to read about cloning with a clone dome...
    *When to open vents on humidity dome,
    *How often do I lift the lid and how much fresh air for clones?
    *How often is a good watering schedule?
    *Only thing I seem to remember is you can mist if your RH is too low but if your RH is good you shouldnt have to...

2. I LOVE IT.... love the story, thanks for posting this!!

This is the same response I got from friends, thats why I got no help from them. But then again, I only asked a few round about questions and never directly told them. Keeping it on the complete down low.

Good Luck and hope to see you back!

3. Sorry to wait soo long for update.

I have been very busy with regular life along with my full time job and the learning curve of this garden...

I think I have found out why I was having issues.....Too much ph adjustment, too often.... and alowing it to fluctuate out of the 5-6.3 range.

Heres the photos..

Clone Dome

I was told to add perlite and do it this way.... So I did... So far Im at day 9, still no roots :(:(:(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Veg

1x Grape god and 1x Og Kush were getting big (minimal stunting?).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I moved them off to the side to let the others catch up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I moved them into flower a few days later which really cleared up a lot of space. We have 1x grape god and 1x Pineapple express in the back, 1x white widow/Northern lights off to the left side (really stunted and cut late from flower), 2x bag seed plants up front that keep looking male.....

[​IMG]

A week later I pulled the males (bag seeds) and got 3 healthy white widow/ Northern Lights clones... again cut late from flowering but hay, there not mine and there free? They are sat up front.

[​IMG]

That last pic was 3 days ago and there is already roots through net pots and there doing well...

Do you guys think I should trim there excess crap off or just leave it and let it die off? The guy I got em from says leave it?

Flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Construction

Upon switching to 5 gal buckets in flower I decided to use the 2nd air pump I had. One for veg, one for flower. I dont know how I like the output... Not sure what I want to do. This is a pic of my origional set up. I have switched it since due to fibrating noise in living quarters. Now it is silent.

[​IMG]

I got a CAN 75 carbon filter and 6" flange and got my hood cooling/room scrubbing system 100% complete! To my suprise theres litereally zero cfm drop :hello:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. FUUUUUUCK man.

i love the setup.

i think i may copy exactly what you did.

what did the 2x4s and dry wall and such cost?

5. Having trouble posting.... spent lots of time on two seperate occations today and it just sent me to the sign in page.... :mad:

WTF

6. Looking very nice over here man.
    Interesting that the guy from AN told you to switch to RO, but not use their SensiCal. I have to use it a little during the transition to flower. I would also assume that when your plants get used to the high amounts in the water... and then you cut it out... they will react.

Keep up the good work man. I will be lurking.

7. I was having hella problems with this site using firefox so now I use Chrome to browse here and I'm golden. Can still only upload 3 or 4 pictures at a time but other than that everything is cool.

8. Subscribed! This is one of the coolest first grows I have seen! Keep it up! One day, when I have enough space to devote to it, I will have something similar! But, now, I'll just have to make due with my 400w, even though I have a few more ballasts, hoods, and bulbs just sitting around waiting for me. :D

9. #29 Dustybowlz, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    Heres todays attempt at another update....

All the seeds I planted started growing nuts! So I murdered them.. At the same time I moved the two biggest ones into flower. I had more room and havent gotten my cloning dialed ( which pisses me off btw, I wish I could just get a good environment set up for these clones and be done with it..) and a friend had some extra clones he was going to toss, so I took em.

[​IMG]

A week later I moved two more ladies into flower and cleared up lots of space in the veg room.

[​IMG]

This is one week from the last photo. I was watching these plants closely and one day they were cool, the next they got some sort of brown algae? I was told its due to light leaks so I made a disk outa panda film that coveres my hydroton. So far the algae is gone and the ladies are growing well again. It was weird though, I didnt do anything different than I did in the past?

[​IMG]

Flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So a friend, like most people, cure in glass jars. I picked up one an somehow grabbed a soft part in the glass. I "squeezed" too hard and somehow busted/pushed my thumb through the side of the jar, cutting the crap out of the palm of my hand. tsk tsk tsk.... cheap ass glass..... :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Holy hell that glass is thin.. Everything alright? :eek:

11. Yep, Im good. I instantly let go when I heard it burst. It got me one good time in the palm, at the base of the thumb.

I filled it with new skin but it keeps coming off... What a bad place for a cut.....

I gota wash and swap buckets tonight too.... DoH

12. Fuck convention, I cure in airtight ClickClack plastic containers and love, love, love the results.

Freshstacks

I stole these Freshstack containers from my wife's pantry but they have a lot of different sizes and styles including boxes, they are air tight and they damn sure won't shatter and cut your hand.

Hope you heal up fast man. Peace.

13. beauty setup...best wishes on the healing and the harvest...

14. Heres my really late review.

I have been battling wilting on and off for the past few months. I have posted it on a few forums with multiple pictures and just dont get answers.

I have spent MANY hourss with ROY at advanced nutrients. Let me say, Roy is the man btw. He is a very consistant and solid source of information. With out him I would probably have lost my crop!!

Heres the photos

Veg

These were the plants before I scratched all prior recomendations and followed Roy 100% There was some sort of brown algae on this strain only. I still havent figured out where it came from. Roots look great now that theres no aglae in there.

[​IMG]

Heres a week later

[​IMG]

Few more days

[​IMG]

Few more days

[​IMG]

My cloning technique isnt working like I want. I am at a loss for words..... I just cant make it work right. Half the ones I labeled rooted and are hardening off right now. The ones I was going to toss cuz there were too small all rooted and are doing great. WTF?

Here are two either Pineapple Express or OG Kush up front and one grape god I cut from my pheno I had in soil. It was late in flower but I truely think I have two different pheno types and dont want to lose this one. It has a better root system than the others I just transplanted but it just doesnt have the verticle height yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since I cant get my humidy dome to "quickly and consistantly" rooting clones, ive decided to try my home made cloner again. I cant keep the water temp under 75 in my clone box, so I am going to try it in my veg room well away from the MH. It may work, it may not. At this point im cutting as many clones as possible to absolutly positively know for sure I will have a full veg room in a few weeks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Flower

Here are my damaged ladies. The wilting started on new and few week old growth only. I added h2o2 and kept it up for a week. The wilting stopped. I stopped with h202 and removed aire stones so air could really "break through the surface and splash around". Two days later I noticed the wilting compounding.

Still thinking of a plan of attack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. The yellowing new growth looks like you could be running a little low on your nutrients, Nitrogen in particular, but other than that, all your ladies are looking [​IMG]

:laughing:

As for the ones that aren't looking so grrreaat.. My first guess would be pH issue. How stable is the pH and TDS?

17. If you are having problems with high temps in your cloner. You could always try frozen water bottles in your buckets. Maybe smaller bottles than a typical water bottle if you think itd be too big. But you get the idea. even a few of those re-freezable ice cubes could work!

18. I only noticed a few things brotha

1. nutes

• lucas formula

2. cloning

• neoprene inserts there needs to be an actual hole in it not just a X cut into it
    GEDC0402.jpg
    they will have a higher death rate if not

• high temps in cloner get a smaller pump the pump is making the heat get one that doesn't

19. My other neopreme disks were stiff. I still got 4 of 9 rooted. A friend uses these disks in his 60 site excloner and never modded the disks. He consistantly gets 100% successs rate. There currently less than a week from cut date and I have 2 that just started rooting. I know it isnt "ideal" but atleast I can hold on to one of my 4 strains.

I have only lost one strain so far because none of my clones rooted..... No more OG kush.