16 plants in one 4-gallon pot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tasukete, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Hi everyone, I know that from the start most of you are gonna say I'm crazy and that in no way this makes sense, so I'm sorry if this an incredibly stupid post from a newbie...

So, here's the thing. I saw a series of videos on YouTube of a guy planting about 20 seeds in one large pot, they are autoflowering Lowryder #2. He puts them directly into the previously watered soil and most of them sprout. They grow normally, they start pre-flowering, he chops off the males at the bottom of the stalk, and the females continue growing until they flower nicely. Sure, he doesn't get as much bud as he would've putting each seed in its own pot, but they flower just fine. 

In case you want to check out the videos this is the first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3Hars_k2A

(Parts 2-7 are in the same channel)

I did go against every forum post I read on the subject saying it doesn't make sense to put even 3 plants in one pot as they will fight for nutrients, light and will most likely get root bound. But as I saw this video and the results I was given a second opinion so I decided to try it out, following the exact same steps as the videos. I used bagseeds as well, I don't know what strain they are exactly, definitely not autoflowering though, probably mainly sativa (based on the effect of the bud where I got them from)

This is how they are right now:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure the exact size of the pot but I would guess between 3-4 gallons, and so far I count 16 sprouts.

Now thinking about it I've realized that the reason this guy was successful was probably because his autoflowering plants had a small root system and therefore didn't get root bound. Can't think of how they survived covering each other's light, fighting for nutrients and such...

So my first question is:

How did this guy pull this off? Was it because he used autoflowering seeds? Was he just lucky? Or did he use a trick he doesn't share in the video?

And the second question is:

Could it work for me as well? Is there a way to keep the plants small, not spreading they're roots like hell but still being able to reach the flowering stage? Perhaps there is a specific way to treat them in order for it to work (at least in my case) like Lollipopping?

I'd really like to hear responses from people who have literally tried it or seen it being done, successfully or not. I've already read most topics on the subject online so it won't do any good if you say "I heard that you shouldn't...", I really would like some actual experience on the subject. Besides, what everyone says about it contradicts entirely what this guy does, so...

Anyway, I would truly appreciate any help on this!

Thanks to all,
    Tasukete

2. The Moroccan casting method is very similar, where you grow as many plants in a very small space, trim the males out and continue with the females, to be frank it sucks, the Moroccans ain't known for there gardens or veg, tho if you are short on space could be OK, but as a grower you grow your plants to be the best grass you can get, and many here go by that idea.

If you do the Moroccans cast method, better to use fast growing autos, and good strain like lowryder #2, so what you are taking advantage of is the vitality of the plant or it's ability to 'growth spurt' or grow like crazy for the first 2 weeks or so, before leveling off .. tho it can be done with normal canna photos, again taking advantage of the post germ growth spurt, it will be a lot longer and harder to define, but not impossible, tho to use clones (IMHO) would be nearly impossible, as clones just have that vitality .... absent!

The Moroccan casting method, is ideal for guerrilla growers who attempt to conceal there crop in poor shitty soils even beaches or deserts, where a trench or square say 10'x10' is dug and filled with quality soils and a sack (3000+) of seeds are poured in, to return in 6 months for harvest, the plants are left to fend for themselves.

Understand that autos are only around for 1/3rd of the time as per normal plants and there food/nute are 1/3rd less required, 1/3rd less soil and light, but 2/3rds less bud too

In normal canna I work on, ...  1x photoperiodic plant to 3ft high, in 3 months, in a 3 gallon pot ,...allowing 1 gallon per month, with 9 under a 600w HPS light, many here have the same or variations of that cantonment, and should be relative simple to adapt an auto for 2 months on that ...good luck

3. Thanks vostok!

Just in case you thought I was using auto seeds, actually I'm not. So are you saying that the guerrilla method with normal seeds can work on a 4 gallon pot?