16 plant SOG under 6 bulb T5

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by zebot, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Thanks bro, it's gonna be a fun one! lets see how much bud i can fit under this light!!

2. Thanks myles, i wish you could try some of this, you certainly deserve it! Way to lead the way with the T5's bro! +rep for you my friend!

3. yep. I trimmed them really close too. i made oil. (therefore i am currently fried)

Better than 5.6 oz of gold according to me

4. Well no sense in starting another thread.

Day 1 (a few days ago, Oct. 28th)

21 plant SOG under 6 bulb T5 florescent light fixture. 324W. Round two.

fresh clones from my aeroponic cloner. I gave the best half of my clones away. So I might veg my clones for a few days to compensate for their lack of vegetative growth before i put the lights to 12/12.

Information
    • Hydro or Soil (using promix hp mixed with 10% worm castings... it's a soil-less mix so i can use hydro nutes)
    • Type of light? (324W, mixed spectrum; 4 3000K (red) bulbs, and 2 6500K (blue) bulbs, about 1 or 2 inches at the most from the tops, 16/8 for a few days, then 12/12 pretty soon)
    • "Atmosphere" Conditions (70F, 25-60%RH. Using 2 xbox fans, small 120v horizontal fan, kind of passivly fed to the room scrubber - home made carbon filter with 6" fan.)
    • Waterings (Tap water, bubbled in a resivoir to evaporate chlorine. then i fill jugs, add nutrients, and hand water when the soil is dry (by weight of pot), plants are in 1 gallon pots)
    • PH Range (i am not currently adjusting pH after i add nutrients, because the promix has acid stabilizers in it (although i do check stuff often, just to make sure i didn't fuck up my math mixing nutes). The run off water now has a place to go because i modified a 4x2' flood tray to fit exactly under the light (so now it measures 48"x19.5" instead of 48"x 24" Later, i'm going to add a drain with valve but for now sponges will work or a cup)
    • Nutrients/Supplements (Gen-X grow, micro, Awesome Blossom 2-11-11 Super B+ Extra Strength: 0-2-1. FEED-FEED-WATER rotation)
    • Design and Dates (I've done this grow once already. I got 5.6 oz from 16 plants. but if you've read the prev one you'll know that I fucked some things up, and more can be achieved. This time i'm doing 21 plants under the same light in a better and cleaner setup)
    • it's really important to get the right type of airflow under this light. not a lot, but a light cool breeze under the light is enough to keep the plant tops even 1/2 and inch from the bulbs. The light intensity there is many many times greater there compared to if you had it 4 inches away. The reflector quality is equally important. It's all about quality of useful light combined with optimal temperatures.
    9 white widow, 6 kush, 5 blueberry, and one awesome bagseed (skunky purple indicaish monster, something that i flowered outdoor recently)... anyway as illustrated... updates soon

Attached Files:

• 355.jpg
      355.jpg
      File size:
      351.3 KB
      Views:
    • 356.jpg
      356.jpg
      File size:
      311.1 KB
      Views:
    • 357.jpg
      357.jpg
      File size:
      208.2 KB
      Views:
    • 358.jpg
      358.jpg
      File size:
      195.3 KB
      Views:
    • 359.jpg
      359.jpg
      File size:
      285.4 KB
      Views:
    • 360.jpg
      360.jpg
      File size:
      154.1 KB
      Views:
    • 361.jpg
      361.jpg
      File size:
      215.5 KB
      Views:
    • 363.jpg
      363.jpg
      File size:
      353.8 KB
      Views:
    • 364.jpg
      364.jpg
      File size:
      419.5 KB
      Views:
    • 376a.jpg
      376a.jpg
      File size:
      363.9 KB
      Views:
  5. sweet grow man ive been reading since the 1st page found it really helpful im also using t5 6 bulb fixtures one all blue lights(for veg) one all red(for flowering) both in there own 4'x4' space just started like 4 days ago tryijng to establish my moms right now got clones from a friend 2 big bud and one hash plant maybe ill follow suit and start a journal well nice work man cant wait for another update

peace love and smoke bud

6. The first day, i watered each plant with 200 mL of nutrient solution. It was 1/4 strength nutes according to the feed chart on the bottle, plus B1, and NOT pH adjusted. but it was about a pH of maybe 6.2. Now the next time, three days later, i watered a cup (250mL) of just water and B1 to each of the plants, non adjusted so pH of around 7. Tomorrow i will probably give them 1/2 strength nutes when i water.

Everything is pretty good, but i accidentally did some funny shit with the timing of the lights. at first I gave them 24 hrs light, 12 hrs dark. then i put them to 12hrs light, 12 dark... then i realized i didn't want to flower them yet, so i gave them couple more hours... so being pretty baked at the moment i didn't realize that hey, wake up, that's only 14 hrs.. so now it's at 18 for few more days then back to 12/12.

if you want to count the veg time, it's been 6 days, but it is pretty much irrelevant if you consider i took weaker clones that are simply behind a few days. when they're just a lil bigger i'll flower them.

that shit from last crop is incredible. you could make horse paralyzing darts with the oil i made too. It could cure any anorexic person, for sure.

anyway.

check it out.

Attached Files:

• 411.jpg
      411.jpg
      File size:
      325.2 KB
      Views:
    • 412.jpg
      412.jpg
      File size:
      353.5 KB
      Views:
    • 413.jpg
      413.jpg
      File size:
      368.5 KB
      Views:
    • 414.jpg
      414.jpg
      File size:
      526.7 KB
      Views:
    • 418.jpg
      418.jpg
      File size:
      608.5 KB
      Views:
    • 419.jpg
      419.jpg
      File size:
      344.9 KB
      Views:
    • 421.jpg
      421.jpg
      File size:
      396.2 KB
      Views:
    • 424.jpg
      424.jpg
      File size:
      353.1 KB
      Views:
  7. fuck bro, diggin this set up big time. I persoanlly grow for the pure pleasure of it and i may have to look into getting t-5's. I'm amazed keep it up.

8. So... day 8 in the chamber

I fucked the lights again haha! the timer was set to ON so it was on for the last 24 to 48 hrs straight.. gave em 12 hrs dark last night, and so now you might say they're on day one of flower, on Nov 5th.

Once they got their darkness, they grew a lot and some leaves were touching the bulbs. It only slightly browned the edge of one or two leaves.

now that they are back on the nutes and they have their first good watering, it should be another 4 days or so before i water again.

Oh and the best part

I'm using CO2 now also... look up co2boost if you want. It's a pail that releases co2 thru a pump on the top of it. In the pail is some organic stuff that is natural and doesn't smell, and you just put the pump that comes with it on the timer that the lights are on. then I put the airline it comes with right into my intake ducting behind the fan that blows cool dry air into the tent. It was $150 including pump, pail replacement is 100. if it gives me just one more ounce, it's worth it.

Moved the light up about 4 notches today, I came back two hours later and seriously they have grown and so i went up another couple notches.

Attached Files:

• 434.jpg
      434.jpg
      File size:
      406 KB
      Views:
    • 439.jpg
      439.jpg
      File size:
      371.1 KB
      Views:
    • 440.jpg
      440.jpg
      File size:
      298.8 KB
      Views:
    • 441.jpg
      441.jpg
      File size:
      410 KB
      Views:
    • 442.jpg
      442.jpg
      File size:
      288.2 KB
      Views:
    • 443.jpg
      443.jpg
      File size:
      461.2 KB
      Views:
    • 445.jpg
      445.jpg
      File size:
      364.7 KB
      Views:
    • 446.jpg
      446.jpg
      File size:
      390.9 KB
      Views:
  9. You, good sir, rock.

10. day 12 in chamber, day 5 of flower

Haven't watered them yet, maybe tomorrow; they don't need it yet... till then i did my first spray, a foliar spray consisting of pH'd water (6.0) with B1 and SM-90. Look up info on SM-90 (multi-purpose wetting-agent/foliar spray), it apparently increases water uptake and transpiration (good thing, I'm using CO2 now), as well making water penetrate better, delivering nutrients more efficiently... and smelling fucking great

I put some of the pots up under other empty pots to raise the short plants nearer to the light, hopefully they'll catch up a bit.

anyone else try t5s for flowering yet?

Attached Files:

• 450.jpg
      450.jpg
      File size:
      387 KB
      Views:
    • 452.jpg
      452.jpg
      File size:
      452.3 KB
      Views:
    • 453.jpg
      453.jpg
      File size:
      491.4 KB
      Views:
    • 454.jpg
      454.jpg
      File size:
      485.9 KB
      Views:
    • 455.jpg
      455.jpg
      File size:
      424.1 KB
      Views:
    • 456.jpg
      456.jpg
      File size:
      442.8 KB
      Views:
    • 457.jpg
      457.jpg
      File size:
      441.2 KB
      Views:
    • 461.jpg
      461.jpg
      File size:
      432.8 KB
      Views:
    • 462.jpg
      462.jpg
      File size:
      479.9 KB
      Views:
    • 463.jpg
      463.jpg
      File size:
      345.6 KB
      Views:
  11. Can't wait to start seeing those buds form

12. Dude, those plants look healthy as hell.

13. Just read through your first grow, fucking beautiful bro. I'm tagging along on your next round here... I need to decide on a flowering light in the next few weeks...

14. Zebot I envy your t5 set up! I really enjoy watching your set up and plants progress...

I have a new space set up for the T5 system but ran into a bit of a dumb legal issue (apparently had unpaid ticket from when i moved and didnt get the mail till last week) and had to post up my fund :mad: oh well, I'm sure they will still be making t5s in a couple weeks.

Question for ya though, have you had any issues with soil retaining to much moisture under the t5s when your clones are young? I had a slight issue after transplanting recently, but seem to have it under control now. A gent at the hydro store suggested blowing warm air over the pots to help with the growth as well. (basement temps consistently at 66 F).

15. Thanks guys its cool your diggin the grow... gotta lead by example! If I show thousands of people how to be more efficient, imagine the amount of electricity and pollution i can save just by influencing you. Not to mention all the great smoke it will create!
    Generally when you first transplant, only give the plant 200ml of water. then it will dry out in about 3 or 4 days, then you can water with say 250ml, then in maybe 3-4 more days, 500ml. Once the root system is established, the plant will uptake the water before the roots can be damaged by water. Until then don't give it very much water. The pots should be really light, and the top 2 inches of your medium should be pretty dry before adding water again. You can even wait till at one or two of your plants start to droop from lack of water before it really needs any more. Circulation is a must in all successful grows. having your pots elevated on a screen, on a channeled tray, or some other sturdy surface that will let air under your pots could help them to dry out. The most important thing is to be patient and not to water it again until the soil or medium has dried enough.

update coming pretty soon guys... lookin good!

16. if it were legalized think of the electricity that would be saved!!!!! Thaatd be somethin realll impressive :hello:

17. yeah for sure myles, then there would be some serious outdoor fields of green instead of wasting energy trying to imitate the sun!

So.. day 9 of flower. The rooted clones have been living it up in the zebox for 16 or 17 days now.

girls are dark green this time, and some are growing at different rates than others, so I rearranged them from tall to short (this is quite important in a t5 grow). this way the average distance to each plant top from the light is much closer than if half the plants are left with less light because other plants are pushing the lights up, never allowing the short ones to reach their potential.

Ironically enough, the one type of blueberry (5 of them) are the tallest, while the shortest plant is the other type of blueberry (1 of it). you might guess right away the taller and much bigger plant is better, but what if i had a whole crop of the short ones, with the light super close?? it has much tighter node spacing, and it's a quarter the height. Also, i've never seen a weed plant like this but it has three stems that come from the branch at a time instead of just two. So the top has three fan leafs come out instead of two. It's mother grew two mains without me topping or stressing in any way. Anyone ever seen this triple pattern before?

Attached Files:

• 485.jpg
      485.jpg
      File size:
      316.9 KB
      Views:
    • 487.jpg
      487.jpg
      File size:
      424.6 KB
      Views:
    • 488.jpg
      488.jpg
      File size:
      375 KB
      Views:
    • 489.jpg
      489.jpg
      File size:
      495.5 KB
      Views:
    • 490.jpg
      490.jpg
      File size:
      423.7 KB
      Views:
    • 492.jpg
      492.jpg
      File size:
      391.9 KB
      Views:
    • 493.jpg
      493.jpg
      File size:
      313.9 KB
      Views:
    • 494.jpg
      494.jpg
      File size:
      416.8 KB
      Views:
    • 496.jpg
      496.jpg
      File size:
      403 KB
      Views:
    • 497.jpg
      497.jpg
      File size:
      494.1 KB
      Views:
  18. clones look great!!! The triple leafset from each node is very rare but shows up once in a whilee. Def a great thing to have.... creates very bushy ladies. gunne be awesome seeing the dif between seedlinfs and clones as far as bud development :) much less uniform and more buds dispersed a bit more:D

19. PHOTOS FROM yesterday, day 20 in ze-box, day 13 of flower.

gave them each 750ml of just water, B1, and a little sm-90. The 2 kush plants immediately threw it's leaves straight in to the air, like a venus fly trap, and eventually kinda twisted sideways and then upside down. when I checked on it 2 hours later they were completely normal again.

they all seemed to love the water, and are looking great (pics were from before). Since then I've re-arranged the kush with the widows since they suddenly grew taller, and made the canopy uneven again

Attached Files:

• 499.jpg
      499.jpg
      File size:
      369.7 KB
      Views:
    • 500.jpg
      500.jpg
      File size:
      456.9 KB
      Views:
    • 501.jpg