16 Hours Of Light Stays In Veg?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, May 20, 2014.

1. So I am growing in my garage in the south, I just moved down here from the north, so this battle with the heat is just crazy. I have a basic AC unit going, but it cannot keep up with the light and the heat in the garage. So in an effort to fix that, I decided to keep the light off for eight hours a day running a 16/8. I know this works outdoors and I am almost 100% sure that the plant will stay in flowering, it has to fall below 14 before it goes into flowering, I just wanted to double check ;D

2. Yes, it should be fine with 16 hrs of light... you'll just have slightly less growth than if they got more light.

3. Yeah, luckily they aren't auto, so that will just take some added patience, I'm in no hurry, thanks =]

4. 16/8 standard
     did you cut some holes in the walls and make a positive pressure chamber?
    I suspect you can draw in some conditioned house air?
    run it into the grow room so it fills it like a ballon.
    now make an opening at the far end up high to let the air on out that hot box room you have

5. I have inline cooled bulb, so I was running the cool air in, but without the fan blowing the lamp heat out, it was only getting hotter in there. I tried the positive pressure, didn't work so hot, no pun intended. 

6. I think the first chalenge is to cool the room...what you got for that?

7. An Air Conditioner