16 days into flower, why are the fan leaves on my plant turning yellow?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JonnyD, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Over the last week i have noticed the fan leaves on my plant are turning yellow and some of the tips are dead. The plant is growing well and nice little flowers are developing so apart from this little problem i am very happy. Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

ForumRunner_20130204_190909.png

ForumRunner_20130204_190945.png

ForumRunner_20130204_191017.png

ForumRunner_20130204_191042.png

2. I am having a very similar type of issue with my plants so if anyone can give any advice as to what is wrong or how to correct this it would be greatly appreciated. I have my own post up with pics as well

3. fan leafs will yellow during flowering because the Nitrogen uptake which keeps them green has been replaced by more Phosphorous uptake that will happen to them all, but so soon into flowering id say make sure your not overwatering or over feeding

4. It is not an overwatering problem as i had that on a previous grow so now only water about every 3 or 4 days. Not sure about overfeeding either as i am only feeding with 3ml bio grow and 3ml bio bloom in 1.5 litres of water. I feed them this everytime they need water but will increase this as the plants get older.

5. I wouldnt leave it sitting in that saucer of water if thats how you are doing it, it be a marshland at the bottom of the pot like that, the water rises up while it evaporates and will keep that pot constantly soaked at the bottom,, or maybe you have just watered it, what medium are you in it could be heavy and not enough air IMO

6. Yeah that's just the saucer i use when i water them, they sit on a cm of perlite usually. I use a mix that i mixed myself using a peat free grow bag mixed with perlite, bat guano and worm castings. I also have 2 other plants (different strain) which aren't showing the same problems.

7. ive seen it before in my own plants a while back they went that burnt colour around the sides and tips, I didnt know if it was heat related or nute burn but I used a really shity JI brand "verve" it was called and never again will I use that, it was very heavy took ages to dry and the plants just looked like they where suffocating, imagine when the roots grow into the pot less and less air gets in as the roots expand,, I always punch a series of holes through the pot before I transplant them in it helps dry it out more evenly, aswell as much needed air supply and ive never looked back,, thats if your a cheapo like me and dont buy air pots :)

8. I am on a limited budget so that is a good tip for future, cheers. Do you think it will affect the plant in the long term? and will it still flower ok? It seems to be growing well at the min. I don't want to re-pot her unless i really have to. Also do you think pH could have anything to do with it? i use pH strips to get estimate but that's it. I do intend to invest in digital pH and ec tester when i next get paid.

9. Have you heard of bio bizz? That is the nutes i am using. Do you know if this brand is any good? Could you recommend any decent ones that don't cost the earth?

10. I doubt its your ph not unless it has been thrown off sometime soon or else you would have noticed problems before hand,, yeah it will still flower its not Catastrophic your plant still looks healthy and a good green on the leafs that arent affected concidering its flowering, if its coming out as a normal reading on the strips then it will be pretty close to being that ph that it reads, the strips do the job, but I stopped getting sickly looking plants or ailments when I realised that air is so important and coco really compliments it aswell,, check out ebay or amazon you could pick up a little digital ph reader for pretty cheap

11. I use biobizz its a good Dutch organic fert and well worth the money

12. Thanks buddy will remember the air for the next grow. I was thinking of trying coco for my next grow as i have heard good things, apparently soil growing is really uncommon nowadays.haha. Fingers crossed i will get my ladys to harvest:)

13. Johny I used to think growing the stuff was some sort of mystical art that was always going to elude me and give me problems, I tried spending money on soils and heavy lights you name it and I just couldnt understand why everyone else could grow out big old plants because it wasnt happening for me, then one day I said fuck it I am going to grow this right, I stopped buying over priced compost that was just to heavy held too much water and depleated oxygen,, so I went back to Basics, got coco, got CFL, and purchased some reasonably priced A+B formula and drummed it into my head that I would never put the plant in conditions that I wouldnt like, would I like to always be wet no so I stopped doing it to them, do I want to sit under 85 90 degrees no, do I want a heavy soil that is slow draining where I can hardly breath, no, think I am crazy if you want but as soon as I put myself in the soil I understood what I like and what I dont, and my plants are the same, I hope you get my meaning, be the plant LOL