16 day old plants small . help!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by magicc, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Your plants have a ways to go if they are still looking like the pics u uploaded yesterday, post some pics on what u think is preflower, and i can give u some options

2. Just got three 23 watt 2700k cfls and a socket splitter . Plants are looking okay. The yellow spots are still there and may have gotten worse ( definitely from the last pic but not from my pov)

3. You should save a cpl hundred bucks n get a 8 tube t5 those lights rock I got a 2 foot 8 tube over " my seedlings and three 4 foot 8 tubes in veg room they kick ass. The two foot one with bulbs was only 150. Ill send more pics tomorrow I think our seeds are the same age

4. You could build your own for cheaper than that

5. You built your own t5 light hows that work? I could always use more light!

I got the hydrofarm designer lights which were a little more expensive than others. U can get cheaper ones I just really liked these

6. Sweet bro , im gonna post some more pics tomorrow, hopefully they are doing better.well see though. How are yours doing fuzzy

7. Seedlings and veg plants doing awesome. Have some issues with my plants that are just finishing flowering. But those girls been thru a lot. It was my first grow and I lost power for 5 days in end of veg. Then I over fed them in flowering listening to my friend. So overall they doing real good.

I'm having problems getting my ex clone to root. I tried twice both times failed to root :(

8. Sounds good man, I've never cloned before

9. Those of you who have a minimal amount of light, and open area around your grow space with no reflectivity, you need to get yourselves some mylar or panda paper (it's not paper, just called that.. also known as black and white poly).

Also.. I think it's the OP, but I noticed some very dry, and maybe sandy, or tiny-particle-looking soil.. get some better medium if you haven't already, and do a transplant (in that stuff, the little root systems should lift right out for transplant). You don't want the medium soggy all the time, but you also don't want to let it get bone dry, either.

A better soil base, will allow you to more easily find a 'happy medium' between wet and dry.. so to speak. :)

So more lights if possible, better reflectivity, and better medium.. and you're well on your way. And keep staying positive, too, things are looking good for what you're working with. :D

10. Thanks kitty . Curiosity leads me to ask if you can use the inside of Mylar balloons for replacement of Mylar . I intend on getting some better soil and transplanting.

11. i don't know what's been said because i don't feel like reading through everything but I'm currently growing a Holy Grail 69 seed and a Strawberry Cough seed. They have both been growing for 15 days, same germination method, same planting day, same soil and watering schedule both under the same light. The SC is growing a lot, at about 3.75" right now, while the holy grail is only about 1.5" with a lot fewer leaves. I think it's probably just genetics, some plants grow taller/faster than others.

Or it could be lack of light, or too hot

But the plants look healthy, even if they are a little small, some more light will probably prove helpful.

12. DSCN9968.jpg

DSCN9966.jpg

DSCN9969.jpg

DSCN9971.jpg

DSCN9974.jpg

DSCN9975.jpg

DSCN9980.jpg

DSCN9977.jpg
    hey guys. heres an update . the original fan leaves are yellowing. possible nitrogen problem?all seems to be ok though. the worst yellowing on one of my plants has totally killed the tip of a fan leaf. i thought about picking the best two plants out of the bunch and focusing my time and effort on those. it seems i dont have the funds, lights, nutes, etc... to work with 4 so i figure if i downsize a lil i might have better luck but the idea of letting two die doesnt set right with me lol. what do you guys think ? how am i doing ?

13. Bump... Any thoughts guys

14. #74 BadKittySmiles, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    *coughcough* This is what I think... ;)

edit --

Just so you can get an idea what can happen if you treat your plants better, while still torturing them a little, lol... this was for a 3oz -cup- competition, to see who could grow the largest plant in only 3oz of medium/space (less than you're working with).

Here it is a few days younger than your ladies were on page one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plant was about 22 - 26 days old below, during week 4 of the comp (this is aquaponics btw, fed only by the fish and beneficial organisms in the tank);

[​IMG]

Anyway, point being, your plants will grow better and faster, in a medium that can stand to be watered more than once in a while... your babes look bone dry in nearly every pic! :)

15. #75 magicc, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    Well I just put some better looking soil up to the tip of the pot of my smallest plant but no transplant , I've dubbed this "the experiment". I'm going to post pics in a min . Do you think this will help. I need to find bigger pots to transplant. Btw thanks for the advice kitty . I'm trying lol

pics arent uploading!!!!!!!! ill try again later. but does anyone think i should do this to the other three of these plants?

16. i like how its a female doin this, noticed by the hads in the pic two posts up

17. maggic, get that light closer to them, get at least one fan possible two on them, abnd put them in some way better soil, do that will keep them alive and start letting them grow

18. Do I put the old soil and all into the new pot and soil , I am really confused on this?????

19. Ya man those things dont look like they growing much dont look so good.

20. Yea in your situation, i would get the cups off keeping the soil together and put them in some bigger pots with new soil. Im gunn a say since u do not know much about indoor growing, you can use mg (miracle grow) soil for a first grow. After your first grow you will have more knowledge about everything and get deeper into compost soil nutes and lighting. Focus on the basics for your first grow and getting the right light spektrum and wattage for your plants with fans