16 day old plants small . help!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by magicc, Nov 25, 2011.

1. What do you mean living with my rents ?

2. rents = parents lol

3. [quote name='"letsgojackets"']

Then y r they stretched?[/quote]

I dunno probably just didn't bury enough of The stem when I transplantec to cups

4. [quote name='"letsgojackets"']

Then y r they stretched?[/quote]

U still didn't answer Me if 8 lights isn't enough for small seedlings (which I'm no expert but I strongly disagree) then what would be enough light for 8 little seedlings

5. My parents no longer live with me lol

6. The lights are too far away (fuzzy) and that is why they're stretching

7. [quote name='"Dissec"']The lights are too far away (fuzzy) and that is why they're stretching[/quote]

They are two inches from the plants

8. Well damn, it only takes at the least a hundred dollars to get some kind of grow going, save up your money and stop paying for the cable bill and start investing in some good supplies.

9. Thx brotha !!

10. if your trying to grow like that youll maybe get 10-15 grams so if your not doing it legally youll save money just buying weed and you wont risk jail time. is it worth it for a half ounce?

11. ^ its not just about getting drugs, its about creating life, learning about it and increasing the significance of what you do, even if its of the smallest magnitude. When your in the grow room every breath makes a difference, if you try to grow as naturally as possible every rain is that much more worth celebrating, so yes its worth the jail time, I have already faced the fact that I will get caught one day and do time, im perfectly alright with that fact. And in the end.. yes you get the mega stanky danky yummy sticky icky fat nugs you just get cant any where else. Plus its safer than buying from a dealer constantly and putting yourself out there like 10 times more than you would if you were growing.

12. I agree vox continental!!!! Its not all about the weed, it's the experience!!!

13. i know money is tight and all but you could easily go buy a pack of 23w 6500k daylight bulbs for 12 bucks or so. that would make a big difference. you could make a fixture for less than 10 bucks as well that would hold all of the bulbs in the same fixture, or 2 fixtures. hope this helps you out

14. Thanks bro!!! Im looking at a two pack of 42w 2700k cfl bulbs . It's like 16 bucks so i should be able to make it happen!!! I hope it helps they are GIANT bulbs lol

15. Should I go 2600k or 6500k . I'm still in veg ..

16. Yes I have one.. but it would be better to by multiple 23-26 watt bulbs, they are brighter and more efficient, plus you can place the bulbs in more places, trust me the 42 watt is not as good as 2 23 watts. You should go either from 5000k to 6500k if your still in veg.

17. Cool bro that's cheaper too lol, thx for everyones help. I'll stay posted on how my babies r doin !!!

18. firstly for the size of your plants i think they about the right size for 16days

ive growing 3 lots of plants the first lot i didnt even have a growlight they were growing in my bedroom window and they were about that size at 16days my second lot were hemp they were also around that size at 16days old my 3rd lot which i have now are big bid xxl they were also around that size at 16days go to the link in my signature to compare your plants to my 3 week old plants which are now nearly 9weeks old

i cant advise on lighting i'm not sure what they actually need but i do understand its sometimes hard to just go and buy stuff, at the moment though your plants do look healthy keep it up and DONT over water

also its about time you started to feed them i'm using baby bio its cheap and can be bought from any home improvement store

19. Hey Magicc! :wave:

I saw you were having issues and I thought I'd stop by to help..

With they money issues you are having I think the best solution for you would be a cfl setup as well.. I started with cfls as well and even if you move on to an hps the cfls will still make a great vegg room.. :hello:

That way no wasted money in the end..

One of the cheapest and easiest setups can be made with splitters..

Purchase
    3 Bulb Socket Splitters 2.99 a piece (lowes)
    1 medium clamp light 9.99 (lowes)
    Timer 10-20.99 (lowes or home depot)
    Bulbs of your choosing varying in price

Remove reflector from clamp light and screw socket splitters together.. That setup can hold 4 bulbs which will give you about enough to sustain one plant.. Plug into a time on anything from 18/6 to 24/0..

1 clamp light setup: 1 plant
    2 clamp light setup: 3 plants
    3 clamp light setup: 5 plants
    etc.

The rule of thumb for cfls is 100 actual watts for the first and 50 for every other plant.. Be sure to look at the actual wattage (23-27) and not the equivalent (100). The best spectrum is a mix of both worlds at a 3-1 ratio..

Vegg 3 6500k (daylight) and 1 2700k (soft)
    Flower 3 2700k (soft) and 1 6500k (daylight)

To reduce the stretch add soil to the top of the cup.. The stem underneath the soil will become roots.. You can also strengthen the stems by adding a small oscillating fan.. You want a moving fan because if you just point the fan at the girl that will actually weaken the stem instead of strengthening it..

Might want to try some new soil as well.. Anything low with npk is good.. Just add a tablespoon of lime per gallon of the pot and some perlite for drainage..

I'll stick around just incase you need anything.. If I'm not around feel free to drop into the thread in my sig.. Tons of growers always willing to help a fella out.. :wave:

:smoke:

20. Thanks Samson and jay I'll be coming into some money soon so I should be able to buy some of this stuff. I'll keep every1 updated. Nothin new with the plants today .one seems to be growin larger than all the others. Unsure of what's causing it but I'm not complaining :)