16-24 weeks flowering? pure sativas

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 194034, Dec 29, 2013.

1. I want to try and grow some pure sativas like jamaican blue mountain, thai stick, etc. But I noticed they have a 16 to 24 week harvest time. That would mean the plant would need about 6 months to flower. When will the plant find time?lol if it starts budding when the daylight period goes down around august so the plant begins to flower itll be almost spring time till harvest. I mean I'm willing to be patient but I live in a sub tropical area that still gets a few frosts in the winter so i would be afraid the plant would freeze.
    Has anyone else grown sativa with this long of a flowering time? any advice?

2. They find the time because they are usually from the equator where the days are long and the season for flowering is long as well. Temps are also up to prevent the freezing in the "winter" months.   They can be grown indoors but sativas, especially pure ones, need either a lot of room, or some nice training to keep them a decent size due to their common lanky traits. Thats why most sellers don't grow them because they take up a lot of room and dont yield as much.

3. Ya those 12 weeks flowering is for indoor grow.For outdoor u need to check when start the cold nights.Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app