$16,000 to spend on used car, help

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Reggae420, Jan 6, 2010.

1. #41 CaliBuds650, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010

bmw's are garbage...good for a year or 2, then fall apart, i had an m3 so i know...personally, i would say the 350z but since you already had 1, maybe go with a nice lexus if going for luxury...but i would probably get somethin ol school like a 73 caprice classic drop top molliwopin on 24's candy red paint, 4 15's in the back...dumby wet, that candy paint will give em diabetes!!!

2. #42 jones007, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010

now theres 2 people who owned bmws that are sayin the same thing!! have you owned one?

Honda is one of the best car companys they build to last.. ive ownd hondas with 200k+
    that ran the same as day 1... Cheap cars cheap parts easy to fix and they last how can you go wrong? like i said i ownd hondas like crazy from daily drivers to street/track cars to all out race 11sec all motor back in 02 before people started with the k20 swap.. all this from my own hands so when it comes to cars dont try to make a fool of me..

If honda sucks so bad how come they build motors for ALL indy cars? and since they switched they never had a motor break down .. ( Check it if you dont believe me ) In 2006, Honda became the sole engine supplier for the IndyCar Series, including the Indianapolis 500. In the 2006 Indianapolis 500, for the first time in Indianapolis 500 history, the race was run without a single engine problem

like i said when it comes to cars dont try to punk me.. Yes Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/Infiniti compete with honda but Toyotas only sexy car to me is the Supra 93-98 or lexus's SC models sc300 n sc400 = Poor mans supra..

Nissans only car for me would be a Skyline unless you want a R32 ( still nicer then the R33 ) i doubt your gettin a Legal one for 16k or less..

3. 2004 Pontiac GTO
    sex

4. When buying a BMW, you really are buying into something that may be costly to upkeep. You get what you pay for - itll drive better, look better and appeal to more people than any Honda period. You also may end up laying $200+ for spark plug wires, and have some glitches depending on the year. A Honda's motor will be more reliable, but to me, there is something major missing. Its an appliance, and with a car that I plan on enjoying thats not what im looking for. Ive owned a few honda's and dont see myself owning another one, Ive had a few bmws and while they look and drive sexy - the long term headache allllmost isnt worth it; almost.

What about a used lexus is300 or something, chrysler crossfire maybe. I like HOUtx's, and Kozmo350's suggestions. The idea of an infiniti g35 or maybe a vette mmmm

5. Get a new car??? is that even an option?

6. listen put a down payment on the new skyline gtr OMG ultimate tuner i got to drive one and i about blew my load all over the dash if you loved your z you need to past fucking nasty homage two it by upgrading...actually any skyline would be great but the new ones are jusy so fuckin sexy.....or i mad hopped up 240 i love em just ause i drift ALOT i wish i could go formula D but i dont have enough dough.....or an s2000 turbo of course very nice ride.

7. The amount of lies in this thread is mind boggling. Someone suggested a Buick GNX, but sorry they made 500 and regularly fetch 50+ grand at auction. Bmws are crap? seriously? it takes a couple pounds of c4 to disassemble a bmw of any age, lol.

Any way, I recomend a B6 audi S4 with the V8. Or a GTO if thats your thing. or a mb clk55 ang.

8. Didnt bother reading your post other than the first line because honostly i dont care. But, Yes i have owned 3 bmw's and they were are all great.

9. guess you where lucky enuff to find a car that was well taking care of and you didnt get problems

Theres always the Accord,TL.TSX or even oddesy (soccer mom van, but still looks good with just a few mods)

I feel you all tho honestly.. I moved out the honda game after 8-10 loyal years.. Im curently drivig best of both worlds speed n comfy

10. once i sell my car i'll have 16k, i'm going for infiniti g35 coupe, maybe bodykit with a lil extra or something.

but i have two neighbors with 350z's, have to change it up, and i like the sleeker look a little more, the 370z on the other hand, i'd love to own.

11. definately a 2000 bmw m3 or a 99 skyline

12. i can get an 02 bmw m3 for 15k, but i the parts will still be valued at a 60k car, not to mention insurance, i think the g35 is best buy for price range.

13. everytime i see something like that i die inside

14. I decided to get an Audi S4, but now I gotta find a black manual s4, and im not getting any luck right now.

15. craigslist that bitch.. since ur in NJ try PA n Del.. Id stay away from NY a bit..
    Theres a way salvage cars become clean with a NY title..

Something like u go from another stay to NY n its good
    or you go from ny to another state an back then its clear.. Just a heads up because it happens ALOT

Word of advice if you get it from the owner check the vins with wats on the title Check dash door n firewall.. also look that the sticker on the door wasnt peeled n put back, the dash vins were'nt re riveted or the firewall wasnt cut n welded.. .. NJ is GRIMEY they try scams for everything..

Some ass tryed sellin me a stolen car.. he handed me a title that was for the dash that didnt match the firewall or door... so i woulda bought the most expensive dash board in the world

16. my friend won $200 in his g35 sedan racing s4 coupe. look nice, but more bang for buck w/ infiniti.

17. i love how he says he has 16 stacks to get a car on and yall are mentioning 80's and early 90's models...he not trying to super speed ricer with a 16,000 dollar 240sx for his second car

for 16' you can get ehh lets see

c class from last 2-3 years
    g35 from last 2-3 alot like the 350 cept with 2 small seats in the back (same engine+chasis)
    e or s class from probly like 01-04
    5 or 7 series from 01-04
    3 series from 03-06
    m3 prolly would be 00-03
    another 350z from last 2-3 years
    or maybe a barely used like one year old rsx or tsx
    or wrx sti prlly 05 or 06

18. For the money and my location (long snowy winters) I really enjoy my XC70. I have an '06, but anything in that body style is a great car. The previous body style had notoriously bad transmissions and I would recommend staying away from them. I like that body style much more, but dont want to deal with the $2K repair bill once it hits ~100K miles.

If I had another choice, I will suggest the 325XiT wagon which has a lot of the M3 suspension components included.

As you can see I like sport wagons, but the 2 and 4 door variants are just as nice.

Subarus are good. My wife drives one after enjoying the 2.5RS I had when I moved up here. All wheel drive kicks ass when you get into the 200+ hp range. More stability at high speeds and in adverse conditions.

My $0.02

19. Oh shit! I forgot the Mazdaspeed6. Great car, and it only comes in a six-speed. awd, 280hp, whats not to love?

20. Depending on what you want in your car you can easily get VERY nice cars for that price these days....

e36 m3 you can get a VERY VERY nicee36 m3 for less than that....

You don't need a GNX -- you can get a very nice Reg. Grand National for that price.. and with very little work that car will spank pretty much whatever on a straight line.

you can buy a new model GTO they are fairly hard to sell because of gas mileage and insurance but for the money that car right now is BANG for the BUCK if you like american muscle. ( good deals on this if you dont mind resell value )

You can get Acura integra type R or GSR, Honda Preludes, Civic Si's ALL in SUPER CLEAN shape with low miles for less than 16k

If you had another car to drive and know your shit you could take fdrx7 and drop a lsx motor in there and have a z06 fast car for less than 20k

If you like Big bodies a buddy of mine had a Mercury Marauder - 2004,2005
    300hp 32 valve v8 motor similiar to the one they used in the termy style cobras. Its like a suped up crown vic looks badass. you can get a decent one used for that price.

16 grand can you get a VERY nice used car depending on what your looking for. If i had 16k and another car to drive i would either buy a old school e30 1986-1991 and do work with the change or buy an e36 m3 with the darth vader seats.

I am actually looking at buying a GSR today haha