150w hps??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrGreenFinger, Jan 12, 2010.

1. How many Medium plants can i grow with a 150 watt hps light. around 3-5 ft plants.. not sure really. just looking to kno. cause i have a 150 w hps in the mail now.

thank you

2. 1 or 2, i wouldnt go above 2!;)

100w for 1st plant, 50w for each thereafter!

3. could i just grow one giant???

4. 150 watts of HPS lighting for one good sized plant is fine. Try to make it in a more confined spot with good reflection, and you will have some nice buds.

A 150 watt HPS puts out about 15k lumens if I remember right. Considering most say you need about 10k at your canopy minimum to peak your flowering, that will be fine.

5. Deffinately have reflective material and you could grow one really nice plant.

6. Just make sure you know it's sex ahead of time. Nothing worse than vegging one plant for months only to find out it is male and start all over.

7. I am growing 2 plants with my 150w HPS. It is my first time growing anything and I'm in week 2 of flowering, I'm pretty pleased with my results so far.

8. I wouldn't let the plants get that tall. A 150W does not have very much penetrating power. Look into LST or SCROG.

I pulled 5-1/2 ozs off 2 Satoris that I scrogged and flowered under 2 150W HPS lights a while back

9. All depends on the setup. A 150w HPS flood light will do okay for a plant or two, but honestly the more light the more bud.

I'd say a 150w HPS would cover a 1.5ftx1.5ft or maybe 2x2ft space well. I'm using 150w HPS + 400w MH for flowering my single white widow. Granted it's the size of a bush, but the more light the better (unless its straight overkill).